PDA

View Full Version : Coffeebean or Starbucks?

jennifer75
09-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Which do you prefer? Any particular reason?

RumpleTumbler
09-20-2007, 10:15 PM
someones bored

jennifer75
09-20-2007, 10:15 PM
someones bored

Just because I'm not talking about boobs and butts doesn't mean I'm bored. :)

Jersey Chick
09-20-2007, 10:16 PM
A coffee thread - something I can definitely relate to! :D

RumpleTumbler
09-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Just because I'm not talking about boobs and butts doesn't mean I'm bored. :)

I'll bet Jo's got a great butt and perfect boobs.

RumpleTumbler
09-20-2007, 10:17 PM
I'll say Starbucks cause I don't know what the farg a coffeebean is. Where do you live?

Deadbeat 007
09-20-2007, 10:19 PM
I've seen maybe one Coffeebean, if even. I've heard of it, but I don't recall going to any of their stores.

WendyNYC
09-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I loved Coffebean when I lived in Los Angeles. They don't have them in New York, and I don't like Starbucks, so I go to a little French place down the block called Le Pain Quotidien.

RumpleTumbler
09-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I've seen maybe one Coffeebean, if even. I've heard of it, but I don't recall going to any of their stores.

She just likes being difficult.

WendyNYC
09-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh yes, the reason: Starbucks tastes over-roasted and bitter to me. I like my fancy coffee smooth.

RumpleTumbler
09-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Oh yes, the reason: Starbucks tastes over-roasted and bitter to me. I like my fancy coffee smooth.

I didn't realize "Oh yes" was a choice. We don't have those here either.

WendyNYC
09-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I didn't realize "Oh yes" was a choice. We don't have those here either.

Well you are really missing out. Oh Yes coffee is divine.

BenPanced
09-20-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm saying Sisters Sludge because it's the one I go to.

KTC
09-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I'll say Starbucks cause I don't know what the farg a coffeebean is. Where do you live?

my sentiments exactly.

NeuroFizz
09-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Port City Java

(Wilmington is a large-container-ship seaport--via the Cape Fear River--and is therefore known as the Port City, so I guess this is a local establishment. There are outlets all over the city, though.) I have no problems with Starbucks, either. Really, though, I make my own ice mochas since I have a nice Gaggia espresso machine in my lab.

kristie911
09-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Never heard of Coffeebean, so I went with Starbucks. I love their Caramel Mochiatto (not sure I spelled that right) with an extra shot of espresso in it. YUM!

wyntermoon
09-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Haven't heard of Coffeebean so I'll stick with my lovely overpriced, bitter-but-oh-so -decadent-after-a-walk-with-the-kids Starbucks.

maestrowork
09-20-2007, 11:58 PM
There are a few Coffebeans here and also Caribou Coffee. I've tried them all. While they're all good, I prefer Starbucks' fraps.

BenPanced
09-21-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm also going to put in a plug/vote for Nina's, another indie place. Good coffee and nibbles, very writer friendly.

sassandgroove
09-21-2007, 12:24 AM
No COffeebeans in AL, but I liked them In L.A. I like the local joints, Safari Cup, Crestwood Coffee Co, and the local chain, Joe Muggs. I don't dislike Starbucks, it is just that they are everywhere and smug.

ccarver30
09-21-2007, 12:35 AM
STARBUCKS 4-EVA!!!!!!

melaniehoo
09-21-2007, 12:39 AM
I voted for Starbucks because I don't know the Coffeebean, but I prefer the Caribou. Our closest Starbucks is over 3 hours away!

totidem_verbis
09-21-2007, 01:15 AM
Orlando Bloom?

Starbucks tastes bitter to me. Brew Ha Ha has decent coffee but I've sworn off caffeine. I get caffeine psychosis. :crazy:

auntybug
09-21-2007, 01:20 AM
Everyone I know always bashed Starbucks - says they burned it.

I owned a cyber coffee shop so of course they said we were the best!

We screwed people up trying to do things right. A real Macchiato is only a shot w/ a dallop of milk. After "You've got Mail" came out - we had to learn the "Tall Vanilla Latte w/ Carmel" thing Starbucks did. Thanks Meg Ryan :(

Can you tell I'm still bitter? (no coffee pun - really)

tjwriter
09-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Starbucks, but I've never tried Coffeebean as there is not one around here.

We do have a Coffee Beanery though. They have a good carmel latte.

Of course, Starbucks has Pumpkin Spice Lattes right now. Yum! And GD Ritzy's should have pumpkin ice cream any time now. And then eggnog at Christmas. Double yum!

sassandgroove
09-21-2007, 01:58 AM
TJ, Oh I have been to GD Ritzy's in ages upon ages. I miss living in that area.

Totidem...Brew Ha Ha, what an awesome name. How did you swear off caffeine? WHY did you swear off caffeine? I tried, twice, was NOT pretty. Decided caffeine was cheaper than therapy and anti depressants.

Aunty BUg, what was it like having the coffee shop, did you like it? Sorry about the fancy coffee thing from movies. I say I don't like uppity coffee, but then I'll order a short soy cappaccino. ;)

jennifer75
09-21-2007, 02:00 AM
Starbucks, but I've never tried Coffeebean as there is not one around here.

We do have a Coffee Beanery though. They have a good carmel latte.

Of course, Starbucks has Pumpkin Spice Lattes right now. Yum! And GD Ritzy's should have pumpkin ice cream any time now. And then eggnog at Christmas. Double yum!

Yea, I do enjoy the Toffee Nut Lattes at SB's...Coffeebean has a really good Vanilla Latte but I must say their Chair tea lattes suck. I think Starbucks does offer a little more in the way of holidayish drinks. The eggnog is good.

Dave.C.Robinson
09-21-2007, 02:08 AM
I like Blenz (Canadian West Coast) or Daily Grind (Virginia) or even Joe Muggs. I'm not so fond of Starbucks because they burn the beans. I think it has to do with pressurized systems hitting the beans with supercritical water.

totidem_verbis
09-21-2007, 02:39 AM
Totidem...Brew Ha Ha, what an awesome name. How did you swear off caffeine? WHY did you swear off caffeine? I tried, twice, was NOT pretty. Decided caffeine was cheaper than therapy and anti depressants.

Quit cold turkey but it was forced deprivation. I took a trip to China and the only soda that was served at the restaurants was Sprite or Coke. Coke upsets my tummy so it was Sprite and lots and lots of rose tea. When I returned I stayed off the caffeine.

I sleep much better now. My mind doesn't race anymore and my complexion isn't peaked. I never realized how badly caffeine affected me until I stopped drinking it.

Caffeine withdrawal is definitely not pretty!

jennifer75
09-21-2007, 03:03 AM
I like Blenz (Canadian West Coast) or Daily Grind (Virginia) or even Joe Muggs. I'm not so fond of Starbucks because they burn the beans. I think it has to do with pressurized systems hitting the beans with supercritical water.

I think we have a Daily Grind in L.A....I went there once and got my Van. Latte and thought it was very Starbuckish = bitter. They had nice chairs though.

jennifer75
09-21-2007, 03:07 AM
Quit cold turkey but it was forced deprivation. I took a trip to China and the only soda that was served at the restaurants was Sprite or Coke. Coke upsets my tummy so it was Sprite and lots and lots of rose tea. When I returned I stayed off the caffeine.

I sleep much better now. My mind doesn't race anymore and my complexion isn't peaked. I never realized how badly caffeine affected me until I stopped drinking it.

Caffeine withdrawal is definitely not pretty!

It sure isn't. I did it twice. Once for Atkins, and only lasted two weeks, not sure which caused the headaches more, the loss of the caffeine or the loss of all the good food/carbs.

I did it a second time - not exactly why... but lasted for some time, over a month or two. The headaches in the beginning were bad, so was the mood, but boy the sleep became fantastic! The dreams! I was dreaming again! It's amazing.

I am once again happily drinking coffee....and sleeping soundly, and dreaming.

Maybe the coffee feels that since I came back, it would at least grant me the good sleep and dreamies.