Pagan Forum Writing Contest!!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
PaganLogo3.jpg

There's something brewing in the Pagan forum!

We're hosting a writing contest! In fact we're planning several around the Wheel of the Year. Since we are approaching the Pagan New Year, Samhain, it's fitting that our first competition is Samhain themed. Each new contest will be themed for the next Sabbat on the Wheel. The frequency of these contests will depend on interest and participation of our community.

For our first contest, we are looking for non-fiction pieces to be submitted prior to Samhain with a deadline of Friday October 19th. That gives those of us who are competing about a month to create something brilliant! (Or at least something FUN!)

To make this as impartial as possible, everyone is invited to submit their entries via PM to either Carole or Sara. All submissions will be posted at the same time in one thread in the Pagan forum. Please vote after reading the submissions. Votes will be accepted via PM to either Carole or Sara. The winner will be announced on October 30, 2007 and they will be able to choose one of many wonderful prizes donated by the gracious and talented folks at AW. For a complete prize listing, see the prize thread.

So, to recap:

Details: Nonfiction submissions of 500 to 2,000 words surrounding the theme of Samhain.

Deadline: October 19, 2007

Submit entries to: PM Carole PM Sara

Voting: Voting will be opened on October 21 and will continue through October 28th. Once all submissions are received and posted, voting instructions will be given.

Winners: Announced on October 30, 2007

Prizes: See the Prize Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rats, I was hoping it was a fiction contest.

I wanted to summon up my creativity.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
So, who's going to be submitting something? Any ideas in the works yet?

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
Oh no! I'm really terrible at writing non-fiction! >_< I really want Jenna's book too (but can't afford it on my starving-student budget!)

If I had sleeves, I'd pull them up. Guess it's Writing Improvement time!

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Hey, guys... Nonfiction does NOT equate to no creativity. :)

I've got a germ of an idea percolating (finally!) so I'm officially in even though before I had unofficially already decided to do it.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score

I've got a germ of an idea percolating (finally!) so I'm officially in even though before I had unofficially already decided to do it.

Yay Jen! Apparently I'm just following you around tonight, I've posted after you twice--must be the full moon. :) Glad to hear you're going to enter the contest!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score

eep! I hope not!

Honestly, where else besides in the Pagan world can so much non fiction be the stuff of so many others' dreams...and also nightmares ;)

(Edited: Did I REALLY write "others's" the first time??!!)

Last edited:

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
Yay Jen! Apparently I'm just following you around tonight, I've posted after you twice--must be the full moon. :) Glad to hear you're going to enter the contest!

I done did told ya I was but had no clue on what. lol. I have a little teeny tiny clue now, so... :)

Carole said:
eep! I hope not!

I know. But I felt like I had to say it because someone had said they wished it was fiction so they could be creative.

Uh.... :Huh:

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh. I think Kathy just meant that pagan writing isn't generally her thing, but with fiction as an option she could join the party :)

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
No matter how much I try, I just can't do non-fiction. I will still try to sum up my talent for this contest, however. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

Rest assured that when the fiction contest starts, I'll be one of the first to jump in on the action.

alanna

Registered
Reaction score
woot! I totally forgot this forum was here! I'll be submitting for sure... :)

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Okay, I'm not entering the contest, but I just have to say that logo looks awesome. Whoever made that did a good job.

ameliawrites

Keep on keepin' on
Registered
Reaction score
Website
herbgardens.about.com
Ok, I am in. I finally figured out how to keep being bugged by the boards via email. That way I can't forget to come by or check in daily.

~there ya go, it's official~

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
How did I manage to hang around this place so long without venturing into this forum? :Wha:

I love this idea. I haven't written anything pagan-y in years. This might be a good kick in the butt for me.

jenstrikesagain

Registered
Reaction score
The Texas Republic, The Dallas Experience
Hi!

Really quickly, I'm a Pagan-friendly Buddhist who married a Wiccan. (Actually tried being Wiccan myself but it was too much work--I'd rather just sit there.) Having said that: I LOVE THE LOGO!!!!! That graphic is SO COOL!!! If somebody did a Buddhist variant on that sucker with the Eight Auspicious Symbols where the little quarter/cross quarter symbols are, I'd have it tattooed on my back. Probably. On a dare. Cheers!

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Is it the 19th yet? Can't wait to read the entries! I let my WIP get in the way this time but I'd love to try it the next time around.

Excellent graphic, too!