More Than a Skeleton by Paul Maier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simple Living

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone else read this book? It's a theological thriller. Technically, it's a sequel to A Skeleton in God's Closet, but you don't have to have read that book first. I didn't and still enjoyed this book. A blurb for it is:

"What if Jesus returned for an interim appearance before His final coming? And in a manner least expected?"

Simple Living

Registered
Reaction score
Read both. Sort of liked the first, didn't care at all for the second. Too preachy for me. (Personal hangup.)

I can see why you see it that way. I think part of the preaching is because of the subject of the book and it can't be avoided, to a certain extent. However, the author's opinion on other people's views of the end times (example: LaHaye and Jenkins and their best selling Left Behind series) really gets under his skin. He's pretty adamant in his beliefs and that does come across in this book.

This is the first book of his I've read. I'll give him one more book to convince me to be a loyal reader. I like the premise of this book, even if the delivery wasn't what I had hoped for. I still enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.