PDA

View Full Version : With our powers combined...

Sassee
09-19-2007, 07:25 PM
If you could have any special abilities or super powers, what would you choose? (Limit one to two powers, please!)

There is a point to the question, I promise!

C.bronco
09-19-2007, 07:30 PM
I would be Super Bronco, endowed with the power to enthrall agents and editors! For my secondary power, I'd have an uncanny ability to guess the correct lottery numbers. I would use these gifts for the betterment of mankind and my creditors.

celeber
09-19-2007, 08:02 PM
My primary power would be healing and my secondary power would be invisibility.

sassandgroove
09-19-2007, 08:03 PM
I would be super fast and super efficient so I can get through tasks quickly and have time to relax and have fun after saving the day. When I was little, 2nd grade I think, I remember wishing I could speed through my homework in a manner of seconds, while still learning. Apparently I understood the value of it, I just wanted to go play. :D

Calla Lily
09-19-2007, 08:05 PM
I would turn into a Super Sayian (from Dragonball Z). With a mere grunt, my hair would turn blonde and grow down to my butt, my eyes would turn green, and a whooshing, pulsing glow would envelop me. I will also be able to fly, have superhuman strength, and fling glowing balls of golden energy at my enemies.

Very effective for running errands, getting to work/soccer/band events, hoeing the garden.. so many uses!

Behiod an artist's rendering:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/BrolyRunning2.jpg

sunna
09-19-2007, 08:05 PM
I think I'd want to fly like superman, and be BTVS-strong.

SHBueche
09-19-2007, 08:24 PM
How about curing the world of all it's ills ... no global warming, no wars, and so on. Meanwhile, back to reality and back to my cup of coffee.

Don Allen
09-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Other than "Booze" I don't think there is a name for it, but I would like the power to turn even the most cold-hearted fridgid woman on the planet into satisfied seductive love kittins who turn to mush in my presense. HEY!!! YOU ASKED FOR IT.... GET YOU OWN FREAKING SUPER POWER!!!! ...and fantasy.......

totidem_verbis
09-19-2007, 08:39 PM
I wish I could use The Force. Healing would be cool too.

I'm really bummed that I did not get a Hogwart's letter when I was 11. :rant:

Monkey
09-19-2007, 09:16 PM
I'd be Chrono-Woman!

Seeing the future would be awesome, especially come lotto time, and stopping time for everyone except myself and whomever I was touching would be SOOOO useful...

I mean, really...you see what's about to happen, so you stop time, do a bit of re-arranging, then start time up again. Can you imagine the practical joke opportunities?

Freakin' Sweet.

:)

JoNightshade
09-19-2007, 09:19 PM
#1 - Flying. I can't believe more people don't want this power. I mean... FLYING.

#2 - Invisibility. Although I'm not sure if this would be a good one because it would make me even more anti-social. I'd turn myself invisible whenever I was in public. ;)

Azraelsbane
09-19-2007, 09:52 PM
#1- Telekinesis

#2- Pyrokinesis

Then I could set things on fire and fling them into my adversaries with a thought! Also, no more getting off the couch for the remote.

JoeEkaitis
09-19-2007, 09:54 PM
1. Flight

2. The ability to bestow upon the average person the common sense God gave a turnip.

(I drive in California. Now it all makes sense, doesn't it?)

maestrowork
09-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Super fro
Super bling

MidnightMuse
09-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah, that's what this world needs, more Turnips!

I'm all for telekensis, but I'd love the power that kid had in the Twilight Zone, when he could just "make people go away."

JoeEkaitis
09-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah, that's what this world needs, more Turnips!

I'm all for telekensis, but I'd love the power that kid had in the Twilight Zone, when he could just "make people go away."Yeah, but isn't the cornfield getting crowded?

MidnightMuse
09-19-2007, 10:02 PM
A bit, yes.

:D

The_Grand_Duchess
09-19-2007, 10:02 PM
I would be lucky. Like Domino and Longshot. Things would just work out for me no matter what.

JLCwrites
09-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Telekinesis
And Healing

I would also request a really hot looking superhero suit. One that minimized thighs and hips. Black and silver with a cute little buckle and a plaid mini skirt. Oh! And thigh high boots!

Sassee
09-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey now, who moved this from research? It's legitimate! I swears it on the precious!

(Doing a spontaneous study on what most people would want as an ability/power... and there will be follow up questions! <cackles maniacally>)

Melisande
09-19-2007, 11:16 PM
I'd choose time-travelling as my first power.

Second? Teleportation.

III
09-19-2007, 11:32 PM
I'd be a Mod. Is there even a need for a second power?

BenPanced
09-19-2007, 11:32 PM
All the stretchy, blow-up-like-a-balloon, bouncy powers combined from Mr. Fantastic and Plastic Man. Just 'cuz.

Devil Ledbetter
09-19-2007, 11:34 PM
I'd be a Mod. Is there even a need for a second power?Screw that, I'd be an admin.

Oh wait, I already am ... just not here.

III
09-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Screw that, I'd be an admin.

Oh wait, I already am ... just not here.

One up me, will ya! Then I'd be a virus in your computer that could jump into your body (in a platonic way, of course).

brokenfingers
09-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Immortality

Monkey
09-20-2007, 12:39 AM
How 'bout the power of flight? That do anything for ya?

How 'bout the power to kill a Yak, from 50 paces, with MIND BULLETS??!!! That's Telekinesis, Kyle!

How 'bout the power...
to
MOVE
you?

(Appologies to Tenacious D for mangling their lyrics...this was off the top of my head and all :D )

TrainofThought
09-20-2007, 12:46 AM
# 1 - Super Writer

# 2 - Invisibility

And if I can’t have either, I’m willing to accept Super AW Poster.

Devil Ledbetter
09-20-2007, 01:01 AM
At this moment, the superpower I'd choose is the ability to resurrect the unjustly banned.

III
09-20-2007, 01:13 AM
At this moment, the superpower I'd choose is the ability to resurrect the unjustly banned.

Who got banned? And I love the Temple of the Dog refs.

Monkey kills Yak. Film at 11.

Devil Ledbetter
09-20-2007, 01:16 AM
Who got banned? And I love the Temple of the Dog refs.

Monkey kills Yak. Film at 11.I doubt we can discuss it here without risking similar censure. I'm heartbroken, that's all I can say.

Oh, and the Temple of the Dog lyric that should be there is "seek out another road, 'cause this one has ended abrupt."

KTC
09-20-2007, 01:17 AM
If you could have any special abilities or super powers, what would you choose? (Limit one to two powers, please!)

There is a point to the question, I promise!

no question...flying.

PeeDee
09-20-2007, 01:24 AM
Mmm. Can I just have Hal Jordan's ring? Please? 'cause I've wanted that since I was about five years old.

I don't know that that counts as a power, but that's what I want.

(An interesting thing: These days, almost all I read is Marvel Comics...and yet, unchanging since childhood, all the super-powers I want are DC)

http://www.dcuguide.com/Who/images/greenlantern2.jpg

Monkey
09-20-2007, 01:31 AM
Monkey kills Yak. Film at 11.

With MIND BULLETS!

scarletpeaches
09-20-2007, 01:46 AM
I would like to be able to teleport myself, and to be able to read people's minds.

I would have said invisibility, but that means I would also be blind. (Yes, really. Ask a physicist).

Esopha
09-20-2007, 01:47 AM
Flying. Maybe matter manipulation. I could fly around and blow things up. Fun.

Ava Jarvis
09-20-2007, 01:59 AM
The ability to transfer my superpower of lostness on my enemies.

My ability to get lost is legendary. I have been known to lead people in a series of ever-closing circle to locate my favorite restaurant about two blocks from my place of work, reason being, I can't remember what direction it's in. Or street it's on. Or landmarks around it.

It's like a superpower, only not.

... yes, establishing a sense of place is a weak point in my writing. Why do you ask?

dancingandflying
09-20-2007, 02:42 AM
super power number one: power to control the elements (just cause and i want to set things on fire (i'm a pyro))

super power number two: flight

duh.

akiwiguy
09-20-2007, 02:54 AM
The gift of healing.

jennifer75
09-20-2007, 03:06 AM
I've always wanted to be the fly on the wall.....and I've always wished I could fly. So, um I guess I really just want to be a fly.

akiwiguy
09-20-2007, 03:15 AM
The gift of healing.

Oh, I forgot to add... the healing thing, well it's just that vapourising someone with a stare seems a bit unkind while they're infirm.

Danger Jane
09-20-2007, 07:17 AM
telekinesis!!

logically, you can do ANYTHING with telekinesis. Well almost anything. It's all a matter of rearranging molecules :D

WarrenP
09-20-2007, 07:37 AM
OK, it will sound boring in comparison, but I'd simply want the power to not need sleep. I work a ton, and have so many projects I want to get done, that the idea of having an extra 6-7 hours per day to use as I please sounds perfect. Second, the whole flying thing seems hard to top.

Sarita
09-20-2007, 04:14 PM
I'd simply want the power to not need sleep. What a great idea. Can I get in on this? At least until espresso #2 kicks in.

PeeDee
09-20-2007, 05:57 PM
telekinesis!!

logically, you can do ANYTHING with telekinesis. Well almost anything. It's all a matter of rearranging molecules :D

Yeah, but then you push yourself too hard to save the space shuttle from the solar flare and you wind up turning into the Phoenix Force and then you run the risk of being an overused storyline. The advantage of that, though, is that you never stay dead.

*grumble*