Your last fistfight

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I was talking to a guy last night who STILL gets into fistfights on the basketball court - in his 30's. I was in a few barroom brawls in college, but never really threw a punch. And of course there were plenty of times when I'd have to restrain drunk friends (or be the drunk restrainee), but I guess my last honest-to-goodness fistfight was in fifth grade. Me & MJ - we're lovers, not fighters.

And you?

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
happy to say I have never been in a fist fight.

my husband has, however, and he has certain friends that still, on occasion, when properly drunk and prompted, will take a swing.

In fact, when Mr. Stew went to their bachelor parties I warned the grooms-to-be that they would not be calling me for bail money, and I better not have the need to go to a)the police station or b) the hospital.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Fifth grade for me as well. Although it was more of a girly hair-pulling-and-slapping incident. I was sticking up for a girl who was chronically being bullied.

Oh, and once I smacked a boy in the head with my Miss Piggy lunch box. He had it comin'.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
It's been twenty years since I hit anyone.

I was 18, and one night my friend Sharon and I were out carousing, and some kid referred to Sharon's boyfriend by the N-word. I don't know what happened after that, but it involved my fist, the dude's nose, and a lot of blood.

Later on, I bumped into the same guy's sister at a convenient store, and I was sure she was going to kick my butt. Instead, she told me about how her brother had gotten jumped by a gang of guys who gave him a black eye and a nosebleed.

I just bought my Cheetos and kept my mouth shut.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Once as an adult, back when I was strong & fit and someone did something rather awful to me, I did resort to physical violence. I would not do it again, even if I could. I thought it would make me feel better, but it never has. I'd shoot the bast@rd now, I guess, only I wouldn't have to - their own karma caught up eventually.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Plannin' on punchin' me mum in the chops this weekend, does that count?

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but I was only 12 and I didn't consider getting beat up by a beautiful older woman to be a "fistfight" per se.

udeda, ixna on the lderoa omanwa
:D

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
When I was in karate, as a kid, I won two trophies and two first-place medals in sparring competitions.

That's it, I'm afraid. No fist-fights for me. I always got along pretty well with everybody.

(being a really fast runner doesn't hurt either)

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
1985. But I never threw a punch--yet still ended up in jail. Oh well...

Please to be elaborating.

Non work related? College, and I wasn't drunk.

Yeah, you're one of the few who gets a pass on work-related fistfights ;) although I'm sure you probably have the best stories!

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
My junior year in college, when a guy I really hated decided to hit on my drunk sister rather more forcefully than his usual skeezy MO. Had I not been a bit buzzed myself I probably would have found a better way to handle it, like maybe dumping the rest of my vodka on him and lighting him on fire.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Eleven years ago. I was 17 and I got in two fist fights that day. I didn't start either one of them. The first one was with a guy who dragged me out of my car (long story). I didn't win that one, but I did do enough to damage to properly defend myself. The second on was with a woman who blindsided me with a punch to the head when my back was turned. I won that one, but I actually had a lot of self control. I could have beat the snot out of her, but instead I immobilized her (don't ya just love headlocks?) and waited for her to calm down. I might have restricted her airway just a bit, but not enough to do any damage, just enough to let her know I could.