Just one more question...

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
K, I'm about to send out a requested manuscript, but I have a quick questions first. It's kind of silly, but I really don't want to do this wrong.

The letter was sent by his assistant, and it said "Mr. Agent and I" would like to read your ms...so should I address the return letter to both of them, or just Mr. Agent?
EDIT: I was asked to send the manuscript to the assistant's e-mail.

EDIT: Just thought of something else I wanted to ask, too. When I reply (I'm sending it via e-mail) should I thank the agent for his interest or not? I think I should but...I don't know...I thought I heard somewhere you shouldn't do that.

Last edited:

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
I can't imagine why saying thanks would be remiss. I think I said something like, "Thank you for taking the time to evaluate my work."

As for the address, I would go with just "Dear Mr./Ms. [Assistant]", since that's the email address you're sending it to, but adding "and Mr. [Agent]" would also be fine.

Good luck. And relax. There's not one 100% right way to do things. Just be consistent, professional, and polite. :)

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
I can't imagine why saying thanks would be remiss. I think I said something like, "Thank you for taking the time to evaluate my work."

As for the address, I would go with just "Dear Mr./Ms. [Assistant]", since that's the email address you're sending it to, but adding "and Mr. [Agent]" would also be fine.

Good luck. And relax. There's not one 100% right way to do things. Just be consistent, professional, and polite. :)

Thanks so much.

And thanks for the advice about relaxing. I needed to hear that. :) I was in panic mode for a minute there.

EDIT: I sent it, it's gone. *sighs* And now I wait...

Last edited:

ILove2Write

Jaws has nightmares too
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Nienna!

Might I suggest doing something fun to relax now? I'm sure you deserve it. :e2bear:

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Nienna!

Might I suggest doing something fun to relax now? I'm sure you deserve it. :e2bear:

Yes, I think a little relaxing is in order, you're right! ... I wonder what I should do?

Carrie R.

Procrastinating, clearly
Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: I sent it, it's gone. *sighs* And now I wait...

Good luck! I have my fingers crossed! I had the EXACT same panicked questions when I was querying too, so I know where you're coming from!