PDA

View Full Version : the best ninja turtle

Danger Jane
09-17-2007, 09:30 PM
doesn't anyone remember the nineties?

Azraelsbane
09-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Michelangelo, without a doubt. You know, when I was little, one of my MCs actually lived with the turtles, as in...he was their adopted son. <yes, in my head, I wrote ninja turtle fanfic>

C.bronco
09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
My favorite is the one with the pecan-caramel filling. Yum.

scarletpeaches
09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
What happened to Alvin, Simon and Theodore?

KTC
09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
i wouldn't know a ninja turtle from a tadpole?

Danger Jane
09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Dunno, maybe you should make a semi-coherent poll for them? :D

It was a close call. Donatello or Raphael?

Raphael.

scarletpeaches
09-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Heroes in a half-shell - turtle power!!

KTC
09-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Heroes in a half-shell - turtle power!!

I've had clams in a half-shell. Lovely with wine sauce. Never ate turtle? Of course, I've had the chocolate turtles...but I never named them before crunching. (that would be barbaric!)

Stew21
09-17-2007, 09:38 PM
It's not just a 90's thing. My kids (ages 2 and 4) love the ninja turtles movies and cartoons.
the 4 year old's favorite is leonardo - because he's the leader (and he likes his swords)
the 2 year old's favorite is raphael - tough guy thing.
i told them though that they are combinations: the 4 year old is half leonardo and half donatello (leader/athletic/mechanically inclined) the younger is half michaelangelo and half raphael (bullheaded/passionate/silly as all hell).
yes. we have considered it to that depth.

do you suppose I've watched too much TMNT?

oh, and my favorite?

i tend toward donatello.

auntybug
09-17-2007, 09:39 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/sigs/sigs-char-005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Where's the Orlando Bloom option?

Azraelsbane
09-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Dunno, maybe you should make a semi-coherent poll for them? :D

It was a close call. Donatello or Raphael?

Raphael.

Raphael was my 3rd fav.

Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael, Leonardo, in that order.

I often wished Leonardo would end up crushed beneath the treads of the Technodrome. That guy was a buzzkill.

KTC
09-17-2007, 09:40 PM
do you suppose I've watched too much TMNT?

Trish. FYI. Dynamite is spelled TNT.

Danger Jane
09-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Wow it seems everybody just loves the ninja turtles!

Last year when I was warming up before a game I used to scream the theme song because for some FREAKY WEIRD reason it WAY pumped me up. That and the power rangers theme.

I wasn't ever allowed to watch power rangers. My mom thought it was too violent.

Azraelsbane
09-17-2007, 09:44 PM
The world is violent. I didn't watch Power Rangers because I was too old for it. I remember when Ninja Turtles first appeared as a short on this comic strip cartoon. I was instantly in love, but it took a year or so for the show to come out (I think, my time is skewed from childhood). I just remember ranting about this awesome cartoon that no one else had seen or heard about (that show was one of the EARLY morning/middle of the night cartoons. I always got up with my dad when he went to work at 4am).

sunna
09-17-2007, 09:47 PM
I own the first movie. I haven't been able to satisfactorily explain the reasons for this to my husband yet, but oh well. When I was a kid I could recite the whole MC Hammer theme, at full volume, with dance moves. (don't picture this. it wasn't pretty.)

Definitely Raphael. He was so dark. Remember how he was always yelling "Damn!" in the movie? We thought that was so cool when we were kids... :)

Stew21
09-17-2007, 09:50 PM
sunna - you are not alone - I own EVERY TMNT movie (the kids made me do it.). :)
I did like Raphael the best in that movie - frustrated because he was so passionate, so easily prone to tantrums and anger - I did like him a lot in that one.
we also have about 13 episodes of the original cartoon on dvd.

I get more than enough of my fill of turtles.

Williebee
09-17-2007, 10:00 PM
What happened to Alvin, Simon and Theodore?

Alvin and Simon are doing fine. Living in Key West.. even closer than brothers these days, I hear. Theodore died back in the early 90's. He was eating cold Fraggle soup and choked on a bone.

But I'm with the Bronco -- My favorite is the caramel ones.

Azraelsbane
09-17-2007, 10:11 PM
I own the first movie. I haven't been able to satisfactorily explain the reasons for this to my husband yet, but oh well. When I was a kid I could recite the whole MC Hammer theme, at full volume, with dance moves. (don't picture this. it wasn't pretty.)

Definitely Raphael. He was so dark. Remember how he was always yelling "Damn!" in the movie? We thought that was so cool when we were kids... :)

Wait, wasn't that Vanilla Ice?

Nevermind, thinking number 2.

sunna
09-17-2007, 10:27 PM
sunna - you are not alone - I own EVERY TMNT movie (the kids made me do it.). :)

Oh thank god. :D

Raphael was the best thing ever when I was 11. Other girls my age were swooning over actors and rock stars; I wanted to hang with a giant mutant turtle and learn how to kick butt with a sai.

In retrospect, I should have known right then that I wasn't going to end up making the cheerleading squad in 6th grade.

Wait, wasn't that Vanilla Ice?

Yep, that was the 2nd one, with the night club dance scene.

*cringes* Painful, painful.

Angie
09-17-2007, 10:32 PM
My favorite is the one with the pecan-caramel filling. Yum.

Mmm. Can I change my vote?? :D

dclary
09-17-2007, 11:04 PM
I interviewed the Ninja Turtles once. It was awesome.

ChaosTitan
09-17-2007, 11:11 PM

Ditto for the same reasons. :D

Sassee
09-17-2007, 11:48 PM
"Cowabunga dude!!!!"

<3 Michelangelo

III
09-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Which was the one who walked on the drunken-driving manslaughter charges? I vote not him.

dclary
09-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Which was the one who walked on the drunken-driving manslaughter charges? I vote not him.

IIIphael, if not mistaken.

Danger Jane
09-18-2007, 02:30 AM
IIIphael, if not mistaken.

There were FIVE ninja turtles??!

Soccer Mom
09-18-2007, 02:58 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/sigs/sigs-char-005.gif

Michaelangelo totally rocked. And they predated the nineties, thank you.

(comics came first)

Lady Cat
09-18-2007, 03:07 AM
Cowabunga dudes! I love the turtles!

Raphael was totally radical!

I loved the movies, even the newest one, which was mostly computer generated.

And why wasn't Splinter part of the poll?

Unique
09-18-2007, 03:08 AM
oh, dear ... you can holler at me later ..

I totally hated those turtles. I always wanted to flip them on their backs and set them spinning.

There. I said it.

:::runs away real fast:::

Sage
09-18-2007, 03:17 AM
If I remember correctly, it seemed very few people I knew liked Donatello, & I always rooted for the underdog. However, Meggo loved Michaelangelo, and she was the big TMNT fan, so he is the first one I think of.

Danger Jane
09-18-2007, 03:23 AM
Wasn't the cartoon thing around in the nineties, though?

Okay maybe it was the eighties. I'm old now. My memory is starting to slip.

Shadow_Ferret
09-18-2007, 04:21 AM
Which one was the surfer dude? He was the cool one.

And the turtles first appeared in comic book form in like 1984.