Is it okay to send out queries on the weekend?

HopelessDreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Obviously agents don't work on the weekend, but I was wondering if it's more convenient for them to recieve email queries during the work week, since that's when they most likely check their email. Is it considered tactless to send out a query on the weekend? I'm wondering because between college and work, I don't have a lot of free time during the week.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
I really don't think it matters what the send date is. They're gonna get to them when they get to them anyway, and I doubt they're looking that closely at when a query was sent. Of the many things we have to obsess about re: querying agents, I don't think this is a biggie.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it matters. Just don't get freaked out if you get a reply on the weekend.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
You'd be amazed at how many dedicated agents work on weekends. The weekend might be the only time they can catch up on emails without distractions like phone calls from editors and such.

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else. I don't think it matters when you send it.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I tend to send email queries out on weekends because that's when I'm not working at the day job and hence have more time for writing-related matters.

I always assume that the agent will see my email when they return to the office on Monday. But I have had a fair number of replies (sadly always rejections!) arrive in my inbox on Saturday or even Sunday, so yes it seems that a lot of them work over the weekends.

Shara

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Heck yeah, you can send queries out on the weekend. A few times I received replies (either rejections or requests) on the same day. One time I sent one via email Sunday night and was rejected the next morning. I love sending queries on the weekend. Party on!

Isadoredog

Registered
Reaction score
I queried an agent yesterday (Saturday) and just received a rejection today(Sunday) at 10:45 NY time. Falls right in line with what others have said here!