Couchbound

yesandno

stagnationtown
Registered
Reaction score
I'm stuck on the couch until I have knee surgery in a couple weeks. I need help finding something fantastic and compelling to read.

Can't be too depressing, please. I started to reread Valis, and got so down I had to take a nap.

So, what have you read lately that is amazing and will take my mind off feeling sorry for myself?

Thanks!

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished HARRY POTTER. I can't put those down. Ummm...Bridget Jones Diary and Edge of Reason are fun. Erm...I quite liked Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. And Some Terry Prachett. Yes.

yesandno

stagnationtown
Registered
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I've never read any Harry Potter. I've seen the movies. Maybe I should give it a try! Thanks for the suggestions!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm stuck on the couch until I have knee surgery in a couple weeks. I need help finding something fantastic and compelling to read.

Can't be too depressing, please. I started to reread Valis, and got so down I had to take a nap.

So, what have you read lately that is amazing and will take my mind off feeling sorry for myself?

Thanks!

I'm reading The Kite Runner and can't put it down. I also just read Water for Elephants and couldn't put it down either. However, both tend to have some pretty disturbing moments, but both are great reads.

Something happier....I'd say Harry Potter ~ I'm only saying it because I just NOW sat through part one's dvd with my son and I loved it. Slap me when I say this, but it was not what I was expecting thus the delay in viewing. Now, I can't wait to read them. Very cute movie.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
OH and by the way....

I HATE YOU! for being stuck on the couch and forced to read. I'd hate you even more if you used the time to write.

yesandno

stagnationtown
Registered
Reaction score
OH and by the way....

I HATE YOU! for being stuck on the couch and forced to read. I'd hate you even more if you used the time to write.

Heh. I know! I should be enjoying it, but I'm not yet. Maybe a good book will help. I did do some brainstorming on the WIP, but haven't done any actual writing yet.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OHH I am glad you guys like the HP suggestion. I hadn't seen the movies or read the books. When the third movie was coming out My then fiance, now husband, wanted to go see it and so I watched the first two on DVD the two nights before. Then after the movie marathon, started the books. Had to wait for the last two (or three?) to come out. After the last one I was so hiped I went back and reread them all. I just finished again last weekend. I feel lost, not sure what to read next.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
OHH I am glad you guys like the HP suggestion. I hadn't seen the movies or read the books. When the third movie was coming out My then fiance, now husband, wanted to go see it and so I watched the first two on DVD the two nights before. Then after the movie marathon, started the books. Had to wait for the last two (or three?) to come out. After the last one I was so hiped I went back and reread them all. I just finished again last weekend. I feel lost, not sure what to read next.

I'm just glad that I've waited to even think about starting the set till now, when they are all out. I hate waiting for followups and part 2's, 3's etc. So impatient. Isn't part two so cute! I didn't finish the movie, I only sat through the first hour I think, and I think I only saw the 2nd half of part one. Yea I know, I'm jumping around. But either way, I am ready to read the books and that is what I was hoping for when I bought them - mainly only for my son's future reading.