• This forum is specifically for the discussion of factual science and technology. When the topic moves to speculation, then it needs to also move to the parent forum, Science Fiction and Fantasy (SF/F).

If the topic of a discussion becomes political, even remotely so, then it immediately does no longer belong here. Failure to comply with these simple and reasonable guidelines will result in one of the following.
    1. the thread will be moved to the appropriate forum
    2. the thread will be closed to further posts.
    3. the thread will remain, but the posts that deviate from the topic will be relocated or deleted.
    Thank you for understanding.​

I had to share this craziness.

yesandno

stagnationtown
Registered
Reaction score
While researching the anti-vaccination trend, I came across the following. It was so wacky that I had to share it with others who have an interest in science fact. Do you have similar things you've run across? Outrageous misrepresentations of scientific ideas? Please share!

http://www.vaclib.org/letters/Attack...ous-agents.doc

Attacking The DNA With Infectious Agents

It is said in the bible that in the last days the children will be able to communicate with God like no other generation has ever done and do great humanitarian things.

We have one common enemy that is doing all that they can to eliminate these children and Adults. They are using a concept and technique that has been very effective, to the point that it is attacking the DNA with infectious agents. The lethal mix of infectious agents are being injected directly into the blood stream of new born babies, children and adults and in the process these agents are altering the DNA thus breaking the connection to GOD.

The DNA is an essential component of all living matter. It is very personal, for it contains the encoded information relative to both one’s physical and spiritual lineage. This information determines a person’s physical form, hereditary maladies, mental proclivities, emotional behavioral patterns, SPIRITUAL GIFTS, and more. DNA contains the blueprint for one’s life purpose and divine potentialities. It defines who we are! Until now, this stored information has been inaccessible to us save initiates of mystery schools, spiritual masters, and holy persons dedicated to serving the light.

Our human form is composed of 12 physical strands of DNA and 12 corresponding spiritual strands totaling 24 strands. The average person has only 1 strand activated, which accounts for limited brain use in humans.

I know that all Indigo people have many strands of DNA activated, and as they get closer to GOD more strands will activate so that their purpose in life can be fulfilled.

So what is this infectious lethal mix? You guessed it. It is Vaccinations.

Last edited:

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
::Bangs head on keyboard::

You know, last night we were watching Heroes, the show. My husband said, "You know, I realize that this show isn't even pretending to be scientifically accurate, but I'm actually kind of worried that people are going to get these weird ideas about the human genome project from watching this."

I said, "Oh, come on. People aren't THAT stupid."

I stand corrected.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
How can I activate all my strands? Is it a number you dial? Do I have to fill out an application?

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
How can I activate all my strands? Is it a number you dial? Do I have to fill out an application?

You need a time machine, so you can go back to your birth, and also a mind-control unit, so you can make your parents refuse to have you immunized, and then you need a virus shield, to keep you from dying from rubella, and then you meditate.

Last edited:

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
You need a time machine, so you can go back to your birth, and also a mind-control unit, so you can make your parents refuse to have you immunized, and then you need a virus shield, to keep you from dying from rubella, and then you meditate.

I've had a flu shot like 5 years in a row. Does that mean I can't have one this year? What if I drain all the blood out of my body and put in clean blood?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I met someone the other day who didn't "believe" in vaccinations. She was torn because she wanted to go to Uganda but didn't want to get vaccinated for all the diseases you can contract over there. We were in a group of girls and everyone just sort of fell silent. Then, I feel a little bad about this, we kinda ganged up on her with the attitude of "how stupid can you be?" She told us her reasons why she didn't believe vaccinations were good, and each one was totally illogical and instantly eliminated with a little dose of common sense. Example:

"Well, why should I inject my body with this stuff before I've even contracted the disease? I mean, maybe if I GOT hepatitis, then I would get vaccinated."

Me: "You do realize it DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. Once you get it, you've GOT it, and a vaccination doesn't do squat to get rid of it."

"Oh..."

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow.

Just - wow. And don't even get me started about putting God in a box that small.

Just. Wow.

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
You know guys, the subject of Indigo Children is not craziness. Just because it's something you may not have heard of before or that doesn't fit in with your own beliefs, it's not fair to call it craziness.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Location of the article (thank you google):
http://www.vaclib.org/letters/AttackingDNAwith-infectious-agents.doc
exactly who and what these people are:
http://www.vaclib.org/
I've heard "conspiracy theory" stuff about vaccines for over a decade (having been involved with 'new-age' friends, and seen a couple of 60-Minutes style TV reports), how vaccines are made with mercury, and how the rate of autism has gone up with the use of vaccines, and who knows what else. And maybe some of that is even true, but...

But I recall at a very young age, like 3 or 5, after a doctors visit going to this place where they gave each of us in the family a sugar cube with some medicine on it, it having something to do with polio and what a wonderful thing it was. I've since heard more about polio, and I can understand that emotion.

There may be a point where more of these diseases are declared eradicated and vaccines for them will no longer need to be administered, but until then the cost-benefit ratio looks good to me.

Ordinary_Guy

Industrial Strength
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
You know guys, the subject of Indigo Children is not craziness. Just because it's something you may not have heard of before or that doesn't fit in with your own beliefs, it's not fair to call it craziness.
You have a magnificent and admirable sense of tolerance... but there is a point where "crazy" really does apply. This is it.

The science and theory behind vaccinations is not based on "belief" – it has evidence reinforcing that it works (to the point that not engaging the process in the face of potentially epidemic health threats becomes criminally negligent).

The place of belief in policy-making is a great topic, still raging in the news. Think about how people are trying to define where "life begins" and legislate pro-life beliefs. The Indigo folk reaching for a high midichlorian count (or whatever) falls into the same category.

...But that would deserve another thread. As for this anti-vaccination bit...? Definitely crazy. That's not to say there aren't vaccination goofs (and sometimes worse), but as a general practice, it's a good thing.

Heck, if we get right down to it, the original thought of vaccinations attacking DNA is inaccurate to begin with. The vaccination allows the body exposure to a weakened target and to build up a natural resistance at a bacterial or viral level. Biiiiiiiiig jump between vaccinating and recombinant genetics. Should be a sign somebody isn't firing on all cylinders.

Not to mention selective all-caps of key words; as in: like, oh my GOD! I can't believe they're screwing with my GIFTS! Like, my STRANDS are f'd up! I so feel like I've just been given a SPIRITUAL NOOGIE!

Call me cynical.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score

It's when it goes against established fact that it is craziness and stupidity

oscuridad

Registered
Reaction score
I had heard of Indigo Children before - but didn't realise it was quite such a bonkers idea. This is just typical bandwagon jumping, for there are, of course, small risks involved in vaccinations and this just takes a kernel of truth and uses it to give credence to its own absurdity. Just like many Religions...
(runs and hides).

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Other outrageous misrepresentations of scientific facts: I had an acquaintance tell me the second law of thermodynamics makes evolution impossible.

How so, I says?

He says, entropy! Since there's a finite amount of energy in a system, there's no way life on Earth would have gotten more complicated, it would have gotten less complicated over time as the finite energy on Earth spread out evenly!

I says, hate to tell you buddy, but that's in a closed system. The Earth is not a closed system. See that yellow thing in the sky pouring out enough energy for you to feel it as heat on your skin from 93 million miles away?

He doesn't talk to me about this sort of stuff anymore. :)

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Although, speaking of craziness, explain this to me - both my children seem to read my mind. And I don't mean just intuit when I'm angry. That's not really a skill as simply the ability to feel heat and see smoke. I mean, I'll be thinking about something at random and they'll start talking about it. The eldest, no so much anymore, but the youngest, well, it's just weird.

For example, a couple of weeks ago, I took them for ice cream. The ice cream shop is in a shopping center under development and we hadn't been in a while. I noticed that a dress shop had gone in next door. I looked at the sign and my daughter said 'sizzle'. Of course, that's the name of the shop. My youngest daughter can't read and my oldest hadn't looked up from her book yet. No one had said a word until the baby said, 'sizzle'.

I asked her why she said that and she said she didn't know. She does this sort of thing regularly.

What is that?

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Could the logo have looked familiar, say, from a commercial?

Yeah--on one hand, the vaccination conspiracy thing is out there IMO, but sometimes I wonder if we don't discount too much out of hand because we don't have direct evidence of it. Like Perk's daughter.

I wish my kids would read my mind a bit more--no, scratch that. I just wish they'd mind more.

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
Don't get me wrong, I'm open to new ideas and things that "aren't normal." But... this... it just... I can't... it makes no sense!

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
I'm not into the who indigo thing or the conspiracy about immunizations. However, there is a raging debate about whether the mercury that has been used to concoct the immunizations that shchool children are given has been going strong. I read something the other day that was a recent report out of Canada that mercury being used in immunizations was not the cause of the autism epidemic.

I don't understand because I thought ingesting mercury was bad for humans. Also, pregnant women are told not to eat tuna because of mercury and what it can do to the baby.