Was that mean?

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I did a bad bad thing but I loved every word of it...

So I get these rediculous emails from somebody that I don't particularly like (she's in denial) and she never sends personal emails, just forwarded crud...

So I replied, "Please use my other email (inserted email that I do not use, only used for registering things I don't want junk mail from), I don't use that one."

I'm thinking she wont even catch the "I don't use that one" and the insult wont be received as I wished. I'm hoping she catches it. :p

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I love it when people get evil! Good for you!

And if she doesn't, set up a filter in your email so anything coming from her address is automatically ID'd as junk/spam and appropriately dealt with. Sometimes it's the only way to handle the truly obtuse.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Haha, I have a relative who sends nothing but forwards. I fixed the problem by googling each one to find out if it was "real" or not. (There are a couple of sites that do that.) Most of them were fake, so I would reply with just the "real story." Eventually this person apologized (to everyone) for sending out misinformation, and now only sends them every once in a great while. :)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I love it when people get evil! Good for you!

And if she doesn't, set up a filter in your email so anything coming from her address is automatically ID'd as junk/spam and appropriately dealt with. Sometimes it's the only way to handle the truly obtuse.

You know, I did. I blocked her through msn last week, but darn it she still got through...why? Maybe it just reports her, but doesn't block her...I don't know.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
She'll probably think you meant to say, "I don't use THIS one." Either way, you won't have to read her crap!

But you're much nicer than I am. There's a couple of people who kept forwarding me crap, so I emailed them and said, "Look, if all you're going to do is forward crap to me, don't bother. I delete them. If you want to actually WRITE me an email, please do."

I never heard from them again.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
She'll probably think you meant to say, "I don't use THIS one." Either way, you won't have to read her crap!

But you're much nicer than I am. There's a couple of people who kept forwarding me crap, so I emailed them and said, "Look, if all you're going to do is forward crap to me, don't bother. I delete them. If you want to actually WRITE me an email, please do."

Yea, I was going to do that, in fact I had it typed, all I had to do was hit send. But she's the kind of person who would have kept on going with it...."but why...", "Oh my, you're kidding, right?" and "What crawled up your arse?".... and I would have continued receiving them, plus I'd have a new arguement to handle.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I did a bad bad thing but I loved every word of it...

So I get these rediculous emails from somebody that I don't particularly like (she's in denial) and she never sends personal emails, just forwarded crud...

So I replied, "Please use my other email (inserted email that I do not use, only used for registering things I don't want junk mail from), I don't use that one."

I'm thinking she wont even catch the "I don't use that one" and the insult wont be received as I wished. I'm hoping she catches it. :p

Good for you!

I despise it when people forward me crap.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind getting forwards--from good friends who know what I like and actually correspond with me. But I hate having my email addy clogged with "Forward this and U will have good luck, otherwise your dog will die and U will go to hell."

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind getting forwards--from good friends who know what I like and actually correspond with me. But I hate having my email addy clogged with "Forward this and U will have good luck, otherwise your dog will die and U will go to hell."

You know what is sad, I know a couple folks that actually believe that if you forward that "God is watching you" crud to 11 people, you will be saved. It's rediculous.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But I hate having my email addy clogged with "Forward this and U will have good luck, otherwise your dog will die and U will go to hell."

Yeah, those are bad, but the ones I hate more are the ones filled with pictures of people in uniforms standing around graves that want to guilt me for being unpatriotic and unAmerican if I don't forward it on to everyone I know under the sun.

I can handle going to Hel (I will anyway), but guilt trips just irk me to no end.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
When people I know send me shit I send it back and tell them I'm not interested in receiving jokes, pictures, angels or any other shit in my inbox...but I'm always open to personal notes. If they don't like it, that's one less person I have to worry about emailing me. I hate junk being forwarded to me and I let everybody know it. I feel I don't have to be nice about it...just like receiving annoying phonecalls for crap I don't want.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I've told a relative of mine that I automatically trash all forwarded emails she and everyone else sends me. I warned her that it's a good way for viruses to be sent. She still emails me forwarded messages! *sigh* And of course, every time we go to visit her, she is complaining about her computer having all these problems. Then my hubby runs a virus scan on it, and sure enough... tons of little viruses! We always give her the lecture, but it just doesn't stop her.
:Wha:

I feel your pain, and I think you handled it perfectly!

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
When people I know send me shit I send it back and tell them I'm not interested in receiving jokes, pictures, angels or any other shit in my inbox...but I'm always open to personal notes. If they don't like it, that's one less person I have to worry about emailing me. I hate junk being forwarded to me and I let everybody know it. I feel I don't have to be nice about it...just like receiving annoying phonecalls for crap I don't want.

Oops!
*Putting down phone receiver and scooting my daughter and her girl scout cookies out of the room*

:gone:

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I don't mind the forwards so much as the ones that are forwarded as attachments - so I have to click to open 50 windows to see a picture of some guy with plumber's crack and and a cutesy message about saying no to crack. Then I have to close all 50 windows to get back to my inbox.

Those are the ones that make me want to either rip my hair out, or set it on fire.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind the forwards so much as the ones that are forwarded as attachments - so I have to click to open 50 windows to see a picture of some guy with plumber's crack and and a cutesy message about saying no to crack. Then I have to close all 50 windows to get back to my inbox.

It makes me wonder why you open beyond the first one.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
OK, this has been around for a couple of forevers, but for those who haven't seen it, here's one of my favorite "soapboxes" on this subject.

The other is something a mail administrator friend of mine does. If he gets junkmail from a business, he visits the website of the company it came from, scavenges any email addresses he can find on the site (contacts, the president of the company, whatever) and then sets up a forwarding rule in his outlook so that any messages coming FROM that company, will be forwarded, unopened, TO ALL of the email addresses OF that company. Just so they can SPAM themselves.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I send out chain letters that read like this:

IMPORTANT!

EVERY PERSON WHO HAS RECEIVED THIS EMAIL AND NOT FOLLOWED ITS INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER DIES AFTER 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS

MS. EMILY GONZALES OF ROCHESTER, NY IGNORED THIS LETTER AND WAS HIT BY A GARBAGE TRUCK IN HER LIVING ROOM ON APRIL 28.

INSTRUCTIONS:

PLEEASE DO THEM ALL OR YOU WILL DIE@!!!!

WAYNE FIG OF YREKA, CA WAS KILLED BY AFRICANIZED KILLER HONEY BEES WHEN HE FAILED TO FOLLOW THE INSTURCTIONS!

1) THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY

2) CUT AND PASTE THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF THIS EMAIL INTO A SEPARATE EMAIL

3) DELETE THIS EMAIL THAT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW. DELETE THE DELETED COPY FROM YOUR DELETED ITEMS FOLDER. DELETE ANY EMAILS THAT MIGHT HAVE SEEN YOU DOING THIS, AND ANOTHER RANDOM EMAIL JUST TO BE SURE.

4) WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT SEND THIS EMAIL TO ANYONE ELSE. IF YOU SEND THIS EMAIL TO ANYONE ELSE, NOT ONLY WILL YOU DIE, BUT THEY WILL DIE, THEIR FAMILIES WILL DIE, AND THEIR PETS WILL DIE, ALONG WITH ANYONE WHO EVER SAW THEM.

5) DELETE THE NEW EMAIL YOU MADE. REMEMBER INSTRUCTION 4.

6) HAVE A NICE DAY.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, I have a relative who sends nothing but forwards. I fixed the problem by googling each one to find out if it was "real" or not. (There are a couple of sites that do that.) Most of them were fake, so I would reply with just the "real story." Eventually this person apologized (to everyone) for sending out misinformation, and now only sends them every once in a great while. :)
OHH the Snopes.com plan. Yes, I've done that a few times. There is a guy in my office sent me the email saying not to flash your lights if you see a car with no lights becuase it is a gang initation and they will follow and kill you. I looked it up on snopes and showed him and he said, "Oh I don't believe snopes." WHY! You'll believe some random forwarded email but not a website that does research and posts their resources?! WHY! SO I stopped bothering with him.

I've done that too. And always very nicely. "You know you are very important to me, and I would love to get an email from YOU telling me how YOU are, but please don't forward stuff." But then they don't email me at all. WHY? How is that an insult?

Oops!
*Putting down phone receiver and scooting my daughter and her girl scout cookies out of the room*

:gone:
Ohh you can call me about girl scout cookies anytime. I like Thin mints and samoas, and Mr. Groove likes tagalongs. mmm....

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score

Those are the ones that make me want to either rip my hair out, or set it on fire.

Oooooooooooooooooooh I used to get those and next thing I'd have like 10 messages open before I'd get to the finale. So annoying. Those come from "rookie email forwarders". :)

Doogs

Registered
Reaction score
Website
doogs.wordpress.com
I don't mind the forwards so much as the ones that are forwarded as attachments.

This.

My dad forwards VIDEO files. 4-5 megs of crap that clogs my inbox. Never mind that they're in Windows Media format, and I have a Mac.

Frustrated beyond belief, I told him about the wonders of Youtube.

He found it. And a plug-in that lets him save the clips off the site. And sends me those as attachments.

:Headbang: