• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent] A. Mecke Company / AMekce Co.

Idlewild

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had dealings with the A. Mecke Literary Agency?

Thanks!

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website is here.

Looks legit...but what has me concerned is that they have a page entitled, "Recent Agency Sales" but it hasn't been updated since July 2006.

They have a blog, of sorts, here, and that was just recently updated. But it seems only to talk about books, etc., they like or recommend.

Did some more searching. Got this off their Publisher's Marketplace listing:

THE PHYSICS OF NASCAR by Diandra Leslie-Pelecky Dutton (Forthcoming Spring 2008; editor Stephen Morrow)

And this (although I don't know how recent because no dates are attached to these books):

Most Recent Sales/Forthcoming Books

ON PROCRASTINATION by William Pannapacker to Atria Books
HE PHYSICS OF NASCAR by Diandra Leslie-Pelecky to Dutton

BTW, Amanda Mecke is the Former VP Director of Subsidiary Rights,for 14 years, Bantam Dell (Random House), so she does have industry experience.

Good luck! :)

~Nancy

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
The website isn't very good and seems to be on a free website you get with an isp. Dunno why an agent would put up a website and not have submission guidelines on it. (At least, that I could find.) Plus, "especially interested in new authors" is always an eyebrow raiser.

But, she does have industry experience that checks out.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site still at Earthlink, but it's been updated to include recent sales.

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
Just my uninformed opinion, but they look like a better agency for nonfiction than for fiction, going by sales.
The sf excerpt offered here doesn't suggest to me that they're really in touch with the current sf market. (Mm, mods, if I'm being disrespectful to the writer, please let me know and I'll remove that comment, thank you!)
-Barbara

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Haven't been here for a while, but A. Mecke just requested a full for my literary/paranormal thriller. Anybody know anything? Her website isn't very informative. She said "send me an electronic file", so I did. She seems legit, as others have said. Should I be hopeful????

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Has founded unglue.it (https://www.unglue.it), which seeks to "to liberate specific ebooks and other types of digital content by paying rights holders to relicense their works under Creative Commons licenses."

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Is still active on social media, but I'm not finding any agenting activity after '14. Anyone have recent contact?