Is there a market for....

Status
Not open for further replies.

writing diva05

short story romance? I have five romance/drama short stories of women who overcome a variety of problems from love to money in their lives. I hoped to have them published as a book of short stories or am I dreaming?

stormie267

Your best bet would be to start by submitting one story at a time to romance magazines like Arabella, True Romance,True Confessions, or Woman's World. Look up their guidelines. Book publishers usually would rather publish a book-length ms. than a collection of short stories (unless you're a best-seller already).

writing diva05

:-( I've sent to Woman's World, I don't think they like my work, if they even read it. I will try the others, I'll have to locate their address, any suggests?

sfsassenach

Before you submit to those markets, it would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with their *specific* guidelines. I've written for the "Trues" and each of them has a different audience.

Try Writer's Market or writersmarket.com, or the web sites for each magazine.

Fresie

British mags

Also, try British mags, like Woman's Own, Woman, Woman's Weekly, etc, etc. Woman's Weekly, especially, publishes well-written, atmospheric stories, and a lot of them, too -- they have four quarterly issues a year specially for their readers' short stories. But you won't find their guidelines on the Net, only their addresses, so you'll have to write to them for their guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.