Status
Not open for further replies.

Enraptured

Narrator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.zoecannon.com
I got a request for a full (yay!), with no mention of wanting an exclusive. I don't have any other fulls or partials out, but I do have several queries out. Do I need to mention this when I send my manuscript, in case another agent asks to see it? If so, what would be the best way to do that? Or will it be assumed that someone else might be looking at it in the future? Or the opposite - will it be assumed that no one else will get the full manuscript? Is that the default?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm new at this, and want to make sure I don't step on any toes.

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Unless they explicitly mention wanting an exclusive, I'd assume I'm free to keep contacting agents left and right. I wouldn't mention it at this point.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
If you're just querying other agents and no exclusivity, there's no need to mention. Agents know people are sim-subbing... unless, of course, the agent requires no sim-sub.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
You can continue to send fulls and partials to anyone who asks for one. If anyone who comes late to the party asks for an exclusive, you'll have to tell them that the full is already being seen by someone else. Chances are, they'll want to read it anyway. This agent, or another, may want to know how many other people are reading the manuscript at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.