Marketing Plan Format

Chicken Warrior

Ahead of Your Time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teenebooks.com
Okay, I hope this is the right section for this.

I have a request for a partial from a legit publishing company, and they want me to reformat my marketing plan. I gave them some ideas in standard paragraphs, but they say they want it in 'marketing format'. I'm not sure what this should look like, for books. Is there a standard example to follow? Because I can't for the life of me find one.

Thanks for any help!

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
And as a follow-up question: why would 'a legit publishing company' not have their own marketing team to work these things out?

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I've never heard of a "marketing plan format," and I was the marketing director.

Chicken Warrior

Ahead of Your Time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teenebooks.com
I don't think my role would be develop the overall marketing plan for the title, but rather to provide information on what I would be willing to do as an individual to contribute the overall promotion. Several small, but P&E 'recommended' publishers request this kind of information, including Twilight Times and LBF.

Anyways, I just put it in kind of a bullit-point form. I don't think they'll expect me to do more than that, but we'll see.

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I agree that it's important to include what you'd do to promote the book, but I've never heard of a particular "marketing plan format."