Kids are Driving Me Batty! =)

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys! Ever had one of those days were you want to run far, far away? Deadline is creeping up on me - and it's like my children have been possessed by rabbid possums! They have totally lost their minds this week!

My two year old has decided she wants to revert back to nursing every three hours - my breasts think this is a bad idea - as she has lots of teeth now. I finally had that kid down to only breastfeeding at night . . . guess I was wrong. She has also decided that if you do not answer her first when the other kids are asking things at the same time . . . she will continue to ask at an increasingly loud holler until you say something. She's also discovered she has teeth and can use them on her brothers when they tick her off. She said she needed to potty - and normally she wants me to go with her. I applauded her for trying to go by herself yesterday only to find she wasn't tinkling, she was pouring her chicken noodle soup into the bathroom sink and clogging the drain. What the fudge was the thought process of that - I'd love to know.

My four year old has decided it's cool to see just how mad he can make mommy before they carry her off in a straight jacket. . . ps - it doesn't seem too far away! ;) He likes to scream - a lot. He refuses to eat anything not shaped like a dinosaur and veggies are the enemy. When you tell him to brush his teeth - you'd swear it was as if you said "Hey, lets go to the doctor and get shots. Lots and lots of shots."

My six year old refuses to do his homework - and refuses to whipe his own tushie . . . meanwhile, his room looks like his toy box, closet and dinner plate exploded. Thus - with all the cracker crumbs in my house - we are slowly being replaced by the "Carpenters" - ants that is. I've become so used to them - I just step over the little boogers now. I'd swear he only hears what he wants to hear - hence the fact he heard "Please hang from the ceiling fan pull . . ." He left the DO NOT part out.

Anybody else ever feel like they need a prozac, a vacation, a latte and a trustworthy baby sitter? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ok - promise me if I ever say I want a fourth baby that you guys will get together and beat me up. ;)

Last edited:

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
yep, yep, and yep

Just this morning, I discovered my 18mo playing in the bathroom with toilet water all over the floor, and herself, and the entire roll of tp torn to bits.

Child #2 who is 3 1/2 took advantage of the alone time she had while I was washing off the 18mo, and climbed onto the kitchen counter, emptied the entire box of Frosted Mini-Wheats into an overflowing bowl leaving little pieces of Mini-Wheats all over the kitchen floor. (I think one is jammed into my foot.)

Life is never boring with toddlers and kids and teens and ... well, life is never boring!

Last edited:

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
A reason I get almost no writing done at home is because the second I plug in my laptop, my son sits right next to me and says "is that like the dot com"? And "spell ..... ". So, um, yea.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha.... Mine keeps telling me she wants to see NickJr. (the website)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
yep, yep, and yep

Just this morning, I discovered my 18mo playing in the bathroom with toilet water all over the floor, and herself, and the entire roll of tp torn to bits.

I woke up to a make up bag containing all of my MAC makeup had been poured into the toilet. He was 2.

I'd also wake up to my entire DVD collection out of their cases and scattered on the floor.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha.... Mine keeps telling me she wants to see NickJr. (the website)

Luckily my laptop does not have internet on it, it's just a word processor for me. He doesn't understand the diff between the computer and my laptop. Just know its pretty and bright and looks fun.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody else ever feel like they need a prozac, a vacation, a latte and a trustworthy baby sitter? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

since today is the official "kiss III"s ass" day i will offer up some advice that he once offered up to someone somewhere....

scatter a bag of cheetos on the ground in front of the tv and go hide in the bathroom for a while.

Last edited:

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
DVD cases are such tempting objects. All those neat little booklets found in each and every one. Disney tried to put little locks on them that snap, but they are no match for an eager toddler!

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Turkey Lurkey . . . Oh, my . . . Nick Jr online has become the enemy of all writing moms everywhere! Just yesterday I had the best article written and got up to go tinkle. I came back to Emily sitting in my chair pressing every button imaginable and saying "No writey. . . YO GABBA GABBA!"

Grrr. . .sometimes I want to beat those monsters with my pen.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
This afternoon my son drew all over his arms and legs with permanent marker. He wanted tattoos "just like Daddy." I've scrubbed the poor little tyke raw, but not much of an improvement. The bubble bath didn't help much either. Maybe it will gradually fade away?
Rum 'n' coke for me tonight - after my little darlings are in bed.

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
We feel you Jennifer! If they flush my makeup . . . it better be my cover girl NOT my mac. Or even better my NYC 99 cent eyeliner from Wally World. ;)

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Wine sounds divine. Maybe wine tonight - tylenol in the morning. Yea. That sounds like a plan. Dolores . . . it comes off . . . in about two week! lol Hope you don't have any professional photos planned. We have a photo of my son at Olan Mills with bright green permanent marker on his nose.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
This afternoon my son drew all over his arms and legs with permanent marker. He wanted tattoos "just like Daddy." I've scrubbed the poor little tyke raw, but not much of an improvement. The bubble bath didn't help much either. Maybe it will gradually fade away?
Rum 'n' coke for me tonight - after my little darlings are in bed.

baby wipes do a pretty good job with perm. markers!

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
There does come a tipping point when your desire to not have a needle shoved into your vas and have your scrotum cut open and your most sensitive tubes sliced and burned is outweighed by the desire for an eventuality of peace and quiet.

You got nothing but sympathy and love from me, sister. If it makes you feel better, it only gets easier from where you're at now. But yeah, you're pretty much utterly screwed for now.

Constructive advice: Pick your battles and win the ones you pick.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
DVD cases are such tempting objects. All those neat little booklets found in each and every one. Disney tried to put little locks on them that snap, but they are no match for an eager toddler!

Funny you mention those snaps...I'm the one who forgets about them and sits there pulling and pulling...

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Turkey Lurkey . . . Oh, my . . . Nick Jr online has become the enemy of all writing moms everywhere! Just yesterday I had the best article written and got up to go tinkle. I came back to Emily sitting in my chair pressing every button imaginable and saying "No writey. . . YO GABBA GABBA!"

Grrr. . .sometimes I want to beat those monsters with my pen.

We've never heard of NickJr. We do know inside and out the PBSKids.org and SesameStreetKids.org.

If I hear Elmo's little whiney voice just one more time....

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Mine finally outgrew Elmo! She has moved on to Little Einsteins and Charlie and Lola. (And fortunately little sister follows what big sister likes)

We tried to take a family walk yesterday after dinner. It was like herding cats!

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks III . . . it's nice to know I'm not alone! =) In the words of Shania Twain . . .Up, up up we can ONLY go up from here! lol

wordsmyth

Registered
Reaction score
Website
maryevelynlewis.com
All of these anecdotes are why I'm so incredibly happy ALL of my kiddos are in school, from 8 am to 3 pm Monday thru Friday. It's much easier to deal with the parenting fiascos from 3 pm til 8:30 pm. :)

I have been there and done that and have nothing but sympathy for y'all.