Judge Judy DVD disappointment

The_Man

Well, this DVD was a major disappointment from beginning to finish, for me anyway. It kind of pisses me off because I was excited about it and told a lot of people about it. Obviously, I am not happy with the Judge Judy show right now. The least they could have done was make a decent DVD for people who have watched the show. Here a my major complaints:

1. Recent seasons : When you make a DVD, any idiot knows your first one should start out with episodes from your first season. Rather, this DVD had a bunch of cases from various recent seasons, like 2 from the 6th season, a couple from the 7th and even I think like around the 9th or something like that. Cases were all from recent seasons. No one wants to see these cases we've just seen like 2 or 3 years ago. I could have picked up an old taype from out of my cassette drawer and seen all these recent cases. TERRIBLE! It's bad enough that I have seen all these cases

I wouldn't blame the show if they titled the DVD as a certain season, because then Id know what episodes might air. I know I have seen the recent seasons so I just wouldn't buy that DVD if they had it as a recent season. I might buy a DVD that said 1st season, because then I know I wouldn't have seen those episodes (I didn't watch then). And even if I did, it be nice to see something I haven't seen in a while. But this DVD doesn't tell you in advance about any of the dates of these cases or what seasons they air on the cover or anywhere else. I just have to spend my good money and find out, only to learn that they were a bunch of recent cases that I have seen before.

2. Youtube case : The show should have at least looked up what cases were on youtube before tossing cases that you could see on youtube on the DVD. One of the cases is on youtube. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THE SHOW HAS HAD a million episodes and there using a friggin case that was on youtube. WE'RE PAYING CUSTOMERS HERE PEOPLE. TRY TO GIVE US OUR MONEY'S WORTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Youtube has like a couple cases out of the millions this show has taped and the show decides to take a case that was also on youtube.

3. The advertisements for this DVD : This is what pisses me off the most. How am I to trust this show and believe things about it. The cases were advertised all over the place as some of Judge Judy's most outrageous moments. NOT AT ALL, in my opinion. These cases were hardly outrageous. The selection was CRAP! I have seen other cases that were more exciting than this. THAT WAS UNNACCEPTABLE ADVERTISING. Any idiot who watches this show knows they did a lazy job of choosing what were the most outrageous cases. In my opinion, these were some of the most boring cases. THE FACT THAT THEY WERE SO RECENT MADE THEM EVEN THAT MUCH MORE BORING.

4. Cases weren't even the format as how they aired. This show has a lack of change from season to season, which is a criticism about the show. The only change is in the music and graphics. WELL GUESS WHAT?! That is YET another thing the DVD left out. They don't show how it was aired, with regards to the way the music was, the previews before the music, the comemrcial breaks and stuff. That's how you figure out what season it was from. Rather, they just use the show's current style for each episode. SHOW HOW IT AIRED!!! I MEAN, DAMN! That is why you buy a DVD. To see how it was shown when it aired. NOT WITH ALL THESE MUNDANE CURRENT CHANGES MADE TO IT.

5. I don't know if anyone else who has the DVD had this problem but the way it looked on screen was very poor. It was like dark. The scene was bad when I watched it. And every other DVD I watch has a fine scene. I won't hold the show responsible for this until I know if it has happened to anyone else. However, I do know this much; that I haven't had the same problems with the scenes of any of my other DVDs as I have had with this one. The scene is terrible. It looks dark and crappy when I watched it. ALSO, I couldn't even choose the Extras selection and I pushed every button on my remote control. I mean, I don't have these same problems with any of my other DVDs.

OVERALL: This DVD was crap, in my opinion. And because the cases were so recent and I remembered them as not being very exciting, I didn't even watch it. I THREW IT OUT. I am very furious at the show right now because I have been excited for a long time about this DVD. I have written all about the show over the internet because I was so excited. I feel like the show has SCREWED me over. Because I feel like they were deceptive, why shouldn't I believe in websites like JUDGE (JOKE) JUDY! On websites like these, they say things like this SHOW is all about RATINGS and are only INTERESTED in getting people's money. I have always tried to ignore it because I thought the show was better than that and I thought preaching morals and responsibility, Judge Judy wouldn't be in on such a thing. However, after looking at some of the exaggerated previews for the shows throughout the years and thsi HIDEOUS dvd, I might have reason to start HATING this show.

NOTE: My suggestion to the show is to make it up to its viewers and allow people to preview the cases on any further DVDs on its website to see if their interested in buying it. After this garbage, I think its only fair. It trillion cases, and all these (what I feel at least) recent mundane cases. I can certainly say that I am not going to buy another Judge Judy DVD and I don't know if I am going to watch that show anymore. I feel like the advertising for these DVD was deceptive which makes me wonder about the editing of these shows. Are they the same way is my question?!

(New Edit)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL! Coincidence! I have just found someone else who feels the same way: (Here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000T28C68/?tag=absolutewritedm-20 )

(HE WRITES: )

2 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
Justice Served is Out of Order!, September 11, 2007
By Mark Ebert (Lancaster OH) - See all my reviews

I love watching "Judge Judy" and I have been waiting for a DVD for some time, unforunately, this is a disappointment. For one thing, I don't agree that these selections are the most interesting or outrageous cases Judge Judy has had. They would have been much better off issuing the original season, then just nine cases out all the years that "Judge Judy" has aired.

I give five stars to Judge Judge herself, but this DVD leaves a lot to be desired. People with a passing interest in the show may enjoy it, but it's not enough for fans.

(END OF COMMENT)

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm sorry, but are you for real?

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Can you imagine trading brains with someone who would buy a Judge Judy DVD for like 30 seconds?

Could you survive it?

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I'll avoid adding this one to my reality TV show collection.

JJ

Last edited:

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my! People watch this show regularly?

I only watch it when I am staying hotels, need to pass some time, and find there is nothing else on. :Shrug:

May your life improve sir! :Hug2:

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I know! I was so like, totally hating on that DVD! I was like, omg! wtf???

If ever there was a show making a case FOR a cleansing of the species, it's Judge Judy.

Anyway, thanks for the bizarre post. I'm going to go spend the rest of my day on Planet Earth.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
You can't be saying that last sentence PeeDee. Not with that picture in your sig line.

JJ

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
The Man's already started the same thread over in movies (I didn't even know we had that section here). So I guess it's open slather until the thread gets deleted.

JJ

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I have NO idea how it's spam, though. Unless it's advertising Judge Judy DVDs or something...

Okay, then, I'm going to go hang out on Planet Sane. Which is NOT The_Man's planet of choice.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Can you imagine trading brains with someone who would buy a Judge Judy DVD for like 30 seconds?
Hey, I bought it. :e2tongue:

But I haven't opened it yet, and I'm keeping the receipt. It's only 108 minutes long. With years and years of footage, that's the best they can do? :rolleyes:

Could you survive it?
I will survive! :D

Oh my! People watch this show regularly?

I only watch it when I am staying hotels, need to pass some time, and find there is nothing else on. :Shrug:
I used to record it on a regular basis, although I didn't watch all the episodes. I liked playing the episodes when I was cleaning my apartment, reading, writing, whatever. But then they moved the show to a station I couldn't record because of bad reception. (Yeah, I know, I should spring for cable.) For a while, I also listened to it on a TV band radio (yes they still make those) at work. (Weird TV and radio shows help me edit faster. :)) But then the company moved to a new building, and I can't get that channel anymore. :cry: Worse, I can't get any AM radio stations, so in that time slot, unless the Reception Demigods bless me, I'm stuck with the local news or a few FM stations. I'm learning to appreciate hip-hop and Christian pop and hard rock because that's all I can get except for branded "variety" pop stations like Jack :tongue. (Sorry, I'd rather listen to something with a real DJ.)

May your life improve sir! :Hug2:
I don't know about the original poster, but I've moved on and found other shows to listen to. :D I wouldn't mind hearing "I'm the boss, applesauce" on my TV band radio now and then, though.

I wonder how long before this thread gets moved? :D

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I am axiously awaiting the debut of the "The People's Court" 12-disk commemorative collector's edition DVD box set. With outtakes. :rolleyes:
That way you can always say "Ten minutes to Wapner." And Rainman wouldn't have sounded the same if he'd said "Ten minutes to Milian." (BTW... only 12 disks? :))

How about the Peoples Court Board Game? :D Gawd, I think I want that. :eek:

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
A people court board game!?! Egads! I hope it's not a childrens game!

We're teaching our children to be litigious enough these days without encouraging them to keep score while they're at it. :flag:

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
And people wonder why, when Im' thirty, I'm going to be living in a cave, in the hills, talking only to squirrels.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
And people wonder why, when Im' thirty, I'm going to be living in a cave, in the hills, talking only to squirrels.
Don't worry, the squirrels will keep you up-to-date on the latest Judge Judy cases. :D

This is a very strange post...but I will admit to being curious if the infamous Johnny Rotten episode made it on.
Oooh, what fun. Now you're tempting me to go ahead and open my DVD. :tongue

lcullen007

Registered
Reaction score
Judge Judy Beef

I bought the first DVD and I will buy the second that came out recently.

I support her and the show, because when it gets justice for someone, its something to be supported no matter what!

I have watched the show for many years, and appreciate that some cases on DVD are funny and that I did not see them all, although I wish they had a little more of them.

I bought all of her books, and she makes people accountable for their actions, and I hope she continues for many more years!

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
I was asked to be on Judge Judy once.

I hope I didn't miss my 15 minutes.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
First of all I can't believe anyone even watches Judge Judy on a regular basis. But....There is a dvd out of the show? And people actually BUY it? :poke:

I hate all reality shows anyway.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
EVERY SINGLE JUDGE JUDY EPISODE EVER MADE:

1) Somebody sues somebody else.
2) Somebody says something stupid in front of Judy.
3) Judy loudly points out how stupid this person is.
4) Judy finds in favor of the person who didn't say something stupid.