WRITING OPPORTUNITY

CONWRITING

I am writing to you the good people at craigslist to take part in a very unique opportunity. We here at conwriter.com are inviting you to take part in a truly brilliant new venture. We are asking you to send us your poetry, all types and all kinds are considered but please keep your poems to ten lines or less (the more space we have the more crap we can cram in) our panel of top judges (me, my mate Dave and his mom) will carefully consider every poem before we make our decision on our final winner (funnily enough it won’t be you) at our site you will find contest guidelines, we are firmly committed to discovering and (exploiting) showcasing new talent. Just stop and think, this time next year you can have the pride of telling people yes I am a writer, yes I have been published in one of the most unique collections of poetry ever!

Am I really that stupid?

Am I really that stupid? May be the most unique poetry collections ever published. It will be a generous sized (about the width of a phone book), deluxe volume of collected works by some of today’s most promising (and gullible) writers. This treasured item will contain several hundred museum quality (old paper we got cheap) printed pages and will be hard bound in a beautiful (but blank, its expensive to print on covers) crafted cover, inlaid with a beautiful gold design. It will no doubt become the center of attention of your friends and family (obviously they are as stupid as you are)

You risk nothing

If you would like a special advance copy of the book that is sure to include your poem you may order yours now at, a very low introductory price. We guarantee your satisfaction (satisfaction not guaranteed)

Your work is sure to reach the widest possible audience, just think, book publishers, agents and magazine publishers will read your work (ha ha ha ha ) all you have to do is complete the enclosed form giving us permission to print your work and sending us our money (very important)

You have a rare and special gift that we would like to congratulate you on. All you have to do is send us $50.00 now and you guarantee that you will have your copy and as an extra gift from us in the personal profile you can include some information about yourself just in case any publishers want to get in contact with you, just fill out the form and include the $60.00 fee and you will be included!

This is truly a great opportunity and all you have to do is go to our web site www.conwriter.com or you can email us your entry at [email protected]

Thank you for your time and we look forward to working with you.

davey666

of course

of course its a hoax, its a very funny pop at the letters all these so called poetry organisations send out, very funny!

moss oaks

THE HOAX

I just sent an email congratulating you on your fantastic hoax. It was returned of course. What else could I expect? Thanks for starting my day with a chuckle

absolutewrite

Re: THE HOAX

Blahahaha! I began reading and thought, "conwriter.com?" What an unfortunate url they've chosen. And then... well, you know what happened next. Thanks for the laugh.

Ballerina

Hoax...

More, Like "Scam" big scam...

People all over the net, are ripping people
off!!! Telling them they are a "Artist" of poetry...
or writing... When all there really saying is that
the writer is One big Sucker!!!
And, then they take there "Money"
leading the person on.

Ballerina

Can you say Scam?

Or, rip-Off?
L.O.L.

Another one is US.Poets..

Same, thing as http:// (PoetrySnots.CON...)

conwriter

its just a joke!

lots of people have wrote in about this one but let me just say for all those people who don't seem to get it, it is a joke! i am a struggling writer and i have published poetry in these books where they cram as many poems into the pages to make as much money off gullible people as they can, i wised up after the first time and then got fed up with receiving these letters from the poetry companies promising the earth but delivering little. so to show my contempt i wrote the above post and posted it here as a joke, thats what it clearly is is a joke, look at what i have written in brackets and the tone of the peice, even the url and email don't work it is clearly a piss take so i can't understand why a lot of people don't seem to get it, i know lots of you have had dealings with companies like these so i would have thought that you would get the joke, once again let me say that i am not conning anyone i just that you would all see the joke and that maybe it would give you all a laugh and put a smile on your faces.

ashliepsycho

Joke

Hey, I got the joke! Thanks for that ray of sunshine. I read it straight after I got another email from poetry.com inviting me to one of their symposiums. Hah!
If only I could reach them I'd email them that. As one who was (briefly) taken in, I can fully appreciate that letter.

Thank again for the laugh,
Ashlie

Ballerina

Joke...

dee... I get it! lol.
I thought, it was a Joke.
But, wasn't really sure?
didn't read the message to
clearly. The more I read the
stranger it sounded though
I must say... I knew some-thing was
up though!

kay the poetry princess

Re: Joke...

That was really funny! trouble is, i have just been conned by one 0f the companies that u described. i paid them £30 and i hav no heard from them since. never mind, i have learnt my lesson!

alanna

Registered
Reaction score
CONWRITING said:
You have a rare and special gift that we would like to congratulate you on. All you have to do is send us $50.00 now...QUOTE]

this was my favorite part! :)