A question about love. . .

Falling in love, how went it?

• Total voters

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
So all those love and getting it on threads in novel writing (what the hell is going on up there? It's like a high school dance, all sweaty and awkward) got me to thinking. And since I have no shame on the internet I thought I would get all of your opinions too.

So I'm kinda seeing this guy. It just started off as a way for me to get out of the house and have some fun. I'm not really feeling him for a varity of reasons that I won't get into. Well maybe I will if you want a PM about it. Anyway.

So I got to thinking, am I being to hard on this guy? How do I know I'm not really feeling him? I mean with Low I was in love like within the week. This guy, by the end of date two I was like, yeah, not going to happen.

So anyway, what has been all of your experiences with love? When you knew it was right was it quick or did it kind of grow on you?

Share! Oh! and I made a poll, I think.

Reaction score
I've never been in love but my theory is either a) You just don't fancy the guy which can't be forced or b) It's too soon after your recent upset. (If I'm getting the correct person here...what with so many avatar changes - myself included - I get confused sometimes as to who said what).

But I don't believe love is a feeling. In love is a feeling but love is a verb. It's something you do, not something you feel. Two completely different things.

But chemistry's important. If it's not there and you're not feeling it, then you're not feeling it. It can't be forced.

I know a guy I get on with really well and friends say we'd make a good couple but nah, ain't gonna happen. I've felt more sexual chemistry with a bar of chocolate.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
So all those love and getting it on threads in novel writing (what the hell is going on up there? It's like a high school dance, all sweaty and awkward) got me to thinking. And since I have no shame on the internet I thought I would get all of your opinions too.

So I'm kinda seeing this guy. It just started off as a way for me to get out of the house and have some fun. I'm not really feeling him for a varity of reasons that I won't get into. Well maybe I will if you want a PM about it. Anyway.

So I got to thinking, am I being to hard on this guy? How do I know I'm not really feeling him? I mean with Low I was in love like within the week. This guy, by the end of date two I was like, yeah, not going to happen.

So anyway, what has been all of your experiences with love? When you knew it was right was it quick or did it kind of grow on you?

Share! Oh! and I made a poll, I think.

I'll PM you.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Infatuation can happen incredibly quickly and hit you like lightning, whether you want it to or not. I don't know if it lasts. Real love is about enjoying each other and comitting to one another and ultimately serving each other.

Reaction score
I agree with III.

This scares me.

"Ask not what your lover can do for you, but rather, what you can do for your lover." :e2brows:

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Go get me some juice.

Anything you say, m'lady...

oj-simpson-mshot.jpg

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I've never been in love but my theory is either a) You just don't fancy the guy which can't be forced or b) It's too soon after your recent upset.

Yea, I agree. If you are at all distracted by say, a couple of fellahs, this makes it really hard to concentrate on one person, let alone your own feelings.

But I don't believe love is a feeling. In love is a feeling but love is a verb. It's something you do, not something you feel. Two completely different things.

Again, I agree. It seems to be that I'm "doing" more than I'm "feeling" these days lol. That probably didn't sound right. But yea, love is an entire universe of things...feelings, emotions, actions, tons of things are involved.

But chemistry's important. If it's not there and you're not feeling it, then you're not feeling it. It can't be forced.

Yea, that whole love is blind bullshit....doesn't fly with me. I need to be attracted to somebody. And if there is a flaw, minor as it may be, it will distract me enough for me to lose interest.

I know a guy I get on with really well and friends say we'd make a good couple but nah, ain't gonna happen. I've felt more sexual chemistry with a bar of chocolate.

SP, I love you.

Last edited:

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
It's too soon for you anyway, Duch. Perhaps 'not feeling the love' is your brain's way of making sure you know that.

Reaction score
Meh. I don't think so. It's too exhausting maintaining that level of infatuation. Love needs to be fed and if it's unrequited, it isn't, so it dies off. Besides which, I've got better things to do than pine away over someone who isn't interested.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I believe in chemistry at first sight and I believe in lust at first sight. But I think love takes a while.

However, if chemistry or lust doesn't kick in by the end of the first date, I can promise you there will not be a second date.

Parkinsonsd

Registered
Reaction score
You know, after all you went through, and all of it quite recent, it's kind of silly to think that you'd be up and running at 100% already.

Let me go further, the mere fact that you've gone out with a new guy is in and of itself, amazing, good for you sweety.

It's going to take time and those feelings you had before are not going to be the same. You've got a bunch of scar tissue all over the place and you've got to work through all that, but darn girl, I'm proud of you.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Meh. I don't think so. It's too exhausting maintaining that level of infatuation. Love needs to be fed and if it's unrequited, it isn't, so it dies off. Besides which, I've got better things to do than pine away over someone who isn't interested.

Try telling that to John Hinkley Jr.

oswann

Grumpy
Registered
Reaction score
In some smarty pants place like everyone else writ

Because you have never been in love. You see it like feeding a goldfish - interesting at first but tiresome after a couple of months. You're cynicsm is a thin excuse for fear.

Os.

Reaction score
Don't tell me how I think or see anything.

Unrequited love isn't love at all - it's a crush.

Your superior attitude is a thin excuse for not knowing what you're talking about.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I believe in chemistry at first sight and I believe in lust at first sight. But I think love takes a while.

However, if chemistry or lust doesn't kick in by the end of the first date, I can promise you there will not be a second date.

True true...too true. I fall in love with that feeling I/you/all of us get at the end of the first date. That feeling lasts a lifetime.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
she does protest too much.