Stupid labels

Reaction score
This evening I bought a few things for the house. Bedlinen, other things. I also treated myself to a pillar candle and a candle plate.

The label said Warning: product will become hot.

Well fuck me. You set the thing on fire and it becomes hot! Whatever next?

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I thought it was the bed linen label that said it would become hot. I was thinking "how did they know Nichola would be the one buying it?"

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
BTW: on our wedding night, lclary and I took several lead crystal candleholder-thingies that we'd been given by the various gift-givers who'd just rushed out to Mikasa for a last minute "oh crap we need a wedding gift" wedding gift to our honeymoon.

I'm glad your candle had that warning, SP. No one warned us that if you let a candle burn to the bottom of a lead crystal candleholder-thingy...

IT FREAKIN' EXPLODES.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
those labels that say you will be prosecuted if you remove them. I always look around before I tear them off my pillows, just to make sure Big Brother isn't watching!

Reaction score
You must have been distracted doing other things, Deek.

And III: You frickin' pervert! :ROFL:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I know you do. It's the most erotic part of the www.kevinsbedroomtags.com spy-cam podcast.

WOULD you stop feeding the delusions of the paranoid psycho! MAN>...now I will have to check that link every ten seconds to make sure it doesn't one day become a real live link. Or maybe you're putting it up and taking it down while I'm clicking. You're a bad bad boy!

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, those labels say it's illegal for the retailer to remove them. They're there (their? thar!) for the consumers' information, and it's perfectly legal for you to remove them once you've bought the mattress/pillow/whatevs.

And the capital of Nebraska is Lincoln!

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
This evening I bought a few things for the house. Bedlinen, other things. I also treated myself to a pillar candle and a candle plate.

I fear this is an inevitable precursor to the "Ow! I just burned my hand on a candle!" thread.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
scarletpeaches said:
I fear your post is a precursor to the 'Chris finds a new way to conceal a pillar candle about his person' thread.

I fear your post is a precursor to the "Scarletpeaches arrested for bedroom accessory regicide," thread.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I bought an umbrella-type stroller for my son - it's got the Jeep logo on it and it off roads really well so we use it all the time. I was folding it up the other day when I saw the warning label:

"Wipe with damp cloth to clean. Do not iron."

Who the %@!^ irons an effin' stroller???? I mean, really. I'd like to meet this person.

so i can slap him/her!

Reaction score
I fear your post is a precursor to the "Scarletpeaches arrested for bedroom accessory regicide," thread.

I fear your post is a precursor to the "Chris discovers to his cost that Nichola does not limit her homicidal mania to the bedroom" thread.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com

That's because of stupid Americans who sue for every little thing. Knives...sharp? Flames...hot? Rat poison...poisonous? We're stupid AND sue-happy.

So...um...be careful with that thing. Might get hot.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
BTW: on our wedding night, lclary and I took several lead crystal candleholder-thingies that we'd been given by the various gift-givers who'd just rushed out to Mikasa for a last minute "oh crap we need a wedding gift" wedding gift to our honeymoon.

I'm glad your candle had that warning, SP. No one warned us that if you let a candle burn to the bottom of a lead crystal candleholder-thingy...

IT FREAKIN' EXPLODES.

REALLY????? *runs out to Mikasa*

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
There are some really ridiculous labels out there, for sure.

Things I've learned:

Fresh coffee is hot
Babies will drown if they fall into a bucket of paint
Paint thinner is poisonous
Babies can suffocate if you allow them to play with plastic grocery bags (ruined the whole "plastic grocery bag toy" idea I had)
Lighter fluid is FLAMMABLE (no way)
Band saws can cut off your fingers
Needles are sharp
Spraying carburetor cleaner into your eyes can cause blindness
Children should not play in trash dumpsters
CAUTION: Flame may be hot! (Actually on a candle)
Getting shampoo into your eyes can cause eye irritation
Soap should not be eaten
Razors are sharp
If you plug in a hair dryer, turn it on and drop it into your bathtub - WHILE you are in the tub - you could sustain serious injuries or you could even DIE!

And now you are informed.

You're welcome. :D

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
I fear your post is a precursor to the "Chris discovers to his cost that Nichola does not limit her homicidal mania to the bedroom" thread.

I fear your post is a precursor to the "Chris Is Mildly Amused By The Slight Tickly Feel of Nichola's Homicidal Mania," thread.

Reaction score
I fear your post is a precursor to the "Chris Is Mildly Amused By The Slight Tickly Feel of Nichola's Homicidal Mania," thread.

I fear your post is a precursor to the "Chris gets the shock of his life when Nichola brings out the chainsaw, parakeets and banana-flavour Angel Delight" thread.

Reaction score
I'm lost already. But I think Nichola's gonna kill somebody.

Not you. Anyone who watches Top Gear, worships the Clarkson and wants to play Hide the Sausage with The Hamster gets a free pass for having delightful taste.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
I fear your post is a precursor to the "Chris gets the shock of his life when Nichola brings out the chainsaw, parakeets and banana-flavour Angel Delight" thread.

I fear your post is a precursor to the inevitable, "Entire Universe Implodes At The Whim Of His Excellency Chris, Lord Of All, Because Of One Pushy Dundonian," thread.

Ahem.

And this is my favourite dumb sign:

52805877_7462c56d05.jpg