Kanye West: sore loser or victim of racism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Asshole was my original take on him. Of course, that take is several years old now. He hasn't done anything to change my impression of him, though.

Has he ever had a hit song? I mean... why does anyone care what he thinks to begin with?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
His song Stronger was number one here in the UK recently. Other than that, he's had a few songs.

Personally, I think he's a dick, but I'm interested in what others say.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
He's pretty much a worthless prick.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
At least it's a step in the right direction.

If he would vow to never appear publicly anywhere again, buy back everything he has ever sold, burn it all, remove the rights for anyone anywhere to have, possess or play his music, destroy all likenesses/images of himself in the entire world, remove all references to himself everywhere so that it was as if he never existed and then put a live grenade in his mouth and then jump into a hole already prepared for his burial before the boom.....well then everything would be cool.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He opened for The Rolling Stones in New Jersey, to a lukewarm reception. (A terrible pairing, IMO, with little fan crossover likely.) His displeasure was apparent and he scolded the audience for not digging him. I would have liked the microphone to respond; I'd have said something about professionalism and showmanship, being a good sport, not being able to please all the people all the time, and that he was behaving like a spoiled 14-year-old and/or a dickwad.

Maryn, who didn't get the mic

Reaction score
Ah, someone else playing the race card when in actual fact he doesn't need an MTV award, he needs surgery to get that chip off his shoulder.

Fuckwit.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I say, I say, I say...that boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball...
fleg3.jpg

EriRae

:P
Registered
Reaction score
The worst part is that he's a role-model FOR 14-year-olds.

This isn't the first time he's thrown a tantrum after the VMA's. He did so a couple of years ago when he was nominated and even performed. I think he might have even won an award, but he didn't SWEEP the VMA's like he though he should! Gold Digger's the most popular, far-reaching song he's ever had, but that was due to Jamie Foxx's vocals, not to Kanye's rapping. I like the song and have it on my iPod, but I've never gone looking for more Kanye music.

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. He's a prick. I think he's talented, but he's still a prick. Having money and fame doesn't make him less of a prick.

No love for Kanye here.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
A rather embarassing five-year old child's rant, I'd say.

Of course not so bad as Pam Anderson's exes, Kidd R and what's his name, brawling at the same award show last night.

Money can't buy class.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He needs to hear what the rest of us know: MTV IS NO LONGER RELEVANT TO ANYTHING ANY LONGER. THE VMA'S MEAN NOTHING TO A CAREER.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
I've got no love for his attitude, but I will admit to having enjoyed shaking my butt to Golddigger a time or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.