Ralan

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiennaC

Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying to navigate Ralan.com for a while, but there's so much information there! Is there a search engine I'm missing or something? Or do you just go through all the listings looking for what you need?

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Ralan is a huge site and well worth exploring. I've seen markets listed there that don't appear anywhere else, or at least none of the other places I've looked. The newsletter is also informative.

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
I've been trying to navigate Ralan.com for a while, but there's so much information there! Is there a search engine I'm missing or something? Or do you just go through all the listings looking for what you need?

Yeah, basically he has the listings by market & length of your work, sorta like Duotrope. For shorts, you got your anthologies and short story markets (and under that umbrella is your pro to no paying markets). Then for novels it's the book publishers. Basically you can sift through what pubs you'd like to submit your work (and which you think would find your work a good fit :)).

Duotrope is a good companion to Ralan so you can compare market response times, acceptance rates, payment and other goodies. If you know what market you're looking for, you can use the "Alpha jumps" at the top of the screen. It took me a while to figure that one out. Ack lol.:D

Happy submitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.