PDA

View Full Version : Auction #91 - Give it up for Inked09012, AW and The Keeper!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-10-2007, 01:56 AM
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/liadano/ShadowsoftheKeeper.jpg

It's time for another offering from one of our favorite authors around these parts:

Karey E. Brown

aka

Inked09012

Be one of the lucky few who has an autographed copy of

Shadows of the Keeper

I'll let our author tell you about the story:

"Thirty-six hundred years is a long time to be condemned to immortality; even longer to remember the faces of his massacred clan--and The Keeper who could have stopped it with her formidable magicks.

So when modern day Emily Garrison nearly loses her life, and is brought to his keep in ancient Alba, Broc MacLarrin's fury ignites--for Emily is none other than the return of that long ago sorceress. Slay her, thus avenge his people? Or fear Pendaran's wrath and protect her from Shadow's assassins residing in the evil kingdom leagues below the stone floors of his keep?

For three millennia, Prince Dezenial has scoffed his father, Hades, and the offer to take his rightful place as The Dark Prince, overlord of the Demon Elite Regime--gargoyles. Why protect mortals when their annihilation brings him such pleasure? But when Dezenial's mother, the vile goddess Shadow, discovers the location of the only mortal he's ever vowed to protect--Emily--Dezenial realizes he's now a Shadow Master cursed; Emily's not only the long awaited Keeper, she's his soulmate."

I've done a little beta reading for Ms. 09012's second installment and this is one hell of a tale, folks. If you like Gabaldon's 'Outlander' series, you'll like this one! The dialogue rings true and the writing is crisp and engaging.

Here's what a couple of other AW members thought:

Auntybug wrote:
Without inflating Inky's head too much (...if possible :D) I have to say this book is a must read!!!

I was majorly impressed at the caliber of her writing skills. I highly recommend this to everyone - not only fantasy buffs. You will laugh outloud more than once and may even shed a tear or two. I wish I could do the review justice - all I can say is it was friggen' awesome!!!!

Cray wrote:
Karey’s (aka inked09012) Shadows of the Keeper is not even close to the genre that I would normally read. Her quick wit and biting humor on the AW boards piqued my interest enough to break out of my norm and read her epic fantasy romance. Surprise, surprise – I loved it!

Shadows of the Keeper is a “page turner.” I continuously found myself wondering what was going to happen next and confess that I begged her for insight on some of the upcoming scenes. I read this book in record time and it wasn’t on purpose. Karey manages to engage the reader early on and never let’s go.

It’s a wonderful story beautifully written.

And don’t worry, her wicked tongue prevails throughout – you’ll enjoy a good number of laughs too!

Karey, it’s fair to say that you have new fan! Thank you.

Matt

Opening bid is $10 for this one, ladies and gentlemen... and whatever the winning bid is, our author will MATCH it as a personal donation to Absolute Write - two for the price of one! She'll also pay postage to APO/FPO, United States, and in Europe.

The auction starts now and runs until 8PM, CDT, Friday, September 14, 2007. Whole dollar incremental bids, please!

Bidder up!

Carrie in PA
09-10-2007, 04:03 AM
$11

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-10-2007, 04:10 AM
That was such a quiet bid, Carrie! I almost missed it!

Who'll gimme $12?

Silver King
09-10-2007, 04:48 AM
Twenty-five.
(The fish is officially back in the stream.) :e2fish:

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Well, I should say so! Welcome home, SK! I've got $25... who'll gimme $30?

Inky
09-10-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm off & running to tell the gang over at the Cabaret....

Meerkat
09-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Thirty clams!

Inky
09-10-2007, 07:00 PM
:PartySmil:PartySmil:PartySmil

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Woohoo, Meerkat! Silver ain't gonna like that. :)

Who'll gimme $35? :) Hmmmm?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-11-2007, 12:17 AM
I really think someone should gimme $35... I have a surprise gift that Inked is gonna add to the winning bidder's package!

Trust me... you want it. And it's worth every dime.

Bidder up! Gimme $35!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-11-2007, 04:19 AM
Silver King! You're not listening! Bid $35!

Silver King
09-11-2007, 05:42 AM
Silver King! You're not listening! Bid $35!
Fifty.

Inky
09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Just tuned in for my daily fix of AW.
Gasped.
Silver! OMG!
50???!!!

*clutches heart...swoons...*

ignore ridiculous grin...

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Apparently Mr. King believed me. Meerkat and Carrie should believe me, too... the book and the prize are really, really, really, REALLY worth the next bid I'm callin' for: gimme $55!

cray
09-11-2007, 05:45 PM
just checking in on this auction,.....

it's a great read guys! i could have written a huge review on it but inky is too modest to let me get carried away.

and now i'm curious about this secret "surprise!"

Inky
09-11-2007, 05:52 PM
OFG, am I allowed to give a hint...or would a copy & paste of pic be worth a thousand words?

Inky
09-11-2007, 05:55 PM
just checking in on this auction,.....

it's a great read guys! i could have written a huge review on it but inky is too modest to let me get carried away.

and now i'm curious about this secret "surprise!"
:e2cloud9::e2flowers

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-11-2007, 06:19 PM
OFG, am I allowed to give a hint...or would a copy & paste of pic be worth a thousand words?

Ooo... give hints, but no pictures. That's too easy! :) If there's anything these folks like more'n a bargain, it's a game.

Inky
09-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Hmmmm.
Okay: Hint #1) Northern Sahara

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Good one!

CACTUSWENDY
09-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Darn. More then my blood can go. And with a jar of sand too? :D What a deal.
Your story sounds really cool. I feel so privilaged to 'know' you.

Those who are rich, get busy and bid. The jar of sand will be worth it. ;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-12-2007, 04:00 AM
Nope, not sand!

Silver King
09-12-2007, 05:10 AM
If it's the full length version of this video (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71459&page=2) (post #35), I'll add a zero to my last bid. ;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-12-2007, 05:32 AM
No, it's not. But if I find you a full-length version (or one suitably similar)... you'll donate $500 to AW, right? :D

Silver King
09-12-2007, 05:38 AM
No, it's not. But if I find you a full-length version (or one suitably similar)... you'll donate $500 to AW, right? :D
I might even add two zeros, though I haven't named their placement yet.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-12-2007, 05:42 AM
Wiggled gracefully outta that noose, didn'tcha?

Silver King
09-12-2007, 05:48 AM
Wiggled gracefully outta that noose, didn'tcha?
There's always room after the decimal point. :)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-12-2007, 05:55 AM
Well, I still have you on the hook for $50, you slippery fish, and I'm still lookin' for $55!

Inky
09-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Good lord! That bit of video is following me EVERYWHERE!!!

Okay...Hint # 2: Gypsy ambiance

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-13-2007, 05:13 AM
Man, these folks is scart of SK!

Isn't anyone gonna challenge him? Anyone? Lookin' for $55!

Inky
09-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Wow. No one even TRYING to guess.
Come on. You know you wanna!

I'll make this third hint easier.

Hint #3:

Her sire gave brooch and jewel fine,
Where the sun shines fair on Carlisle wall;
Her brother gave but a flask of wine,
For ire that Love was lord of all.

For she had lands both meadow and lea,
Where the sun shines fair on Carlisle wall,
For he swore her death, ere he would see
A Scottish knight the lord of all.

Remember, this isn't any profit for me. All proceeds go to AW to help keep things up and running.
I have a blast here--and receive tons of help. But more than that, as an author, my world is rather isolated; AW enables me to have friends that understand the quirkyness of an artist, our bent humor, and our periodic flounces....without the hassle of racing around to clean my house before they arrive....or wondering if they're ever going to leave.

Okay, so, can anyone guess the gift I'm throwing in?

Bmwhtly
09-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Okay, so, can anyone guess the gift I'm throwing in?A map to the treasure of the Magi buried in the northern Sahara?

Some Saharaian Jewellry?

Inky
09-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Ben. You're supposed to place a wager. No, wait, that's for a bet.
You're supposed to lift your hand, or wave a paddle, or scratch your nose...you know, something Harrodish...wait...is it Harrod's that's the infamous auction house?

I'm such a bloody Yank--sometimes!

Where was I?

Oh.

Mayhaps I shall drop another clue?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I dunno, inked... maybe if you dropped a piece of clothing here and there...

Inky
09-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Nah. I think I've flashed enough...as ogled (hubba hubba) by Sir Silver!

And a few others in need of spanking.

Ah well. Looks like no one wants to play with the hints.
Too bad.
I even left the answer...sorta...in another thread....wonder if anyone can find it???

cray
09-13-2007, 05:05 PM
I even left the answer...sorta...in another thread....wonder if anyone can find it???

please. like that will be hard.
...i'm a ginormous thread stalking battery for cripes sake

Inky
09-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah...a battery forever in need of charging.
I see you came naked...er...don't take that outa context...no answer upon ye'!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm thinkin' SK really has scared off the rest of the crew! And I hear he's serious about this one, too. ;)

Well, here's a pic of the bonus gift juuuuuust in case someone would like to give him a last-minute run for the roses:

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QbfRDqZ2L._AA240_.jpg

Auction ends tonight!

Silver King
09-14-2007, 05:57 PM
...Auction ends tonight!
I was so certain of taking this one that I sent the payment yesterday morning. :)

Inky
09-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Don't forget, I'm matching the winning bid--did that make sense?--as a donation to AW.

Silver, hope you or your wife enjoy this type of music. You can go to Amazon & listen to samples. It's one of the main cd's that I use to enhance my muse.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-16-2007, 03:30 AM
DO forgive me, ladies and gentlemen! It has been subtly pointed out that I am remiss in my duties as auctioneer! I have not announced the winner! He assumed he won and sent his payment and I let him assume it 'cause he was... but just to make it official:

Silver King is our winning bidder! (Doh!) :D

Send your addy to Ms. 09012 and collect your book and CD! You gonna like both! :D