PDA

View Full Version : Loss of a Pet

AllyWoof
09-09-2007, 02:12 AM
This week my family lost something very special. Our ten year old mixed dog named Squirtle. I'm not sure who it's been hardest on. My parents and me or our remaining dog, Missy. Even more devistating is knowing Missy will be dieing of jaw cancer shortly. Mom's already started looking for new puppies. This makes me sad because I now wonder if she cared about these pups. Thanks for reading this rant people.

Rich
09-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Pets, on the whole, die before we do.

For your own sake, start understanding that.

tjwriter
09-09-2007, 02:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Dogs are really special to their people.

I would imagine that your mom really does care, but sometimes if there is something new to focus your energy on, say a puppy in this case, it helps ease some of the pain from losing your dogs.

Just remember that you'll always have those great memories of your special pets.

Cath
09-09-2007, 02:17 AM
I'm sorry, Writerdog. Losing a pet is tough. :Hug2:

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-09-2007, 02:20 AM
The only time they hurt us is when they have to go... your mom cares. We all have different ways of dealing with the things that hurt us most. ((Hugs)) for all of you, including Missy.

AllyWoof
09-09-2007, 02:21 AM
Pets, on the whole, die before we do.

For your own sake, start understanding that. I know this. Doesn't make it any easier, though.

Rich
09-09-2007, 02:21 AM
I had to put down one of my cats last week who hadn't had an unhealthy day in 15 years. I had to put down three other pets in the past 30 years. I'm training my youngest dog on how to go about putting me down if I'm destined to go before her.

Suck it up.

AllyWoof
09-09-2007, 02:23 AM
I'll remember this if you ever put a venting post up.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Me sainted ol' mother used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, shut yer yap." This is as good a place as any to cling to those dear words. Bless ye, ma.

AllyWoof
09-09-2007, 02:36 AM
I had to put down one of my cats last week who hadn't had an unhealthy day in 15 years. I had to put down three other pets in the past 30 years. I'm training my youngest dog on how to go about putting me down if I'm destined to go before her.

Suck it up. I'm guessing you didn't love your pets.

scarletpeaches
09-09-2007, 02:46 AM
...I'm training my youngest dog on how to go about putting me down if I'm destined to go before her...

Why wait?

aadams73
09-09-2007, 02:53 AM
Suck it up.

You, sir, can go take a flying fuck. The girl just lost her dog. Don't be an asswipe.

aadams73
09-09-2007, 02:54 AM
This week my family lost something very special. Our ten year old mixed dog named Squirtle. I'm not sure who it's been hardest on. My parents and me or our remaining dog, Missy. Even more devistating is knowing Missy will be dieing of jaw cancer shortly. Mom's already started looking for new puppies. This makes me sad because I now wonder if she cared about these pups. Thanks for reading this rant people.

Condolences, writerdog. Losing a pet is never easy. I'm sure your mom loved Squirtle. This is her way of coping with the loss.

scarletpeaches
09-09-2007, 02:54 AM
You, sir, can go take a flying fuck. The girl just lost her dog. Don't be an asswipe.

...Which, loosely translated, means "Suck my GB," aadams73?

AllyWoof
09-09-2007, 02:56 AM
You, sir, can go take a flying fuck. The girl just lost her dog. Don't be an asswipe. Thanks.

aadams73
09-09-2007, 02:59 AM
...Which, loosely translated, means "Suck my GB," aadams73?

I wouldn't let him suck my girlballs on a dare! But yes, that's basically what it means.

EriRae
09-09-2007, 02:59 AM

:Hug2:
PM me your last name so I can add you to my friends (myspace)

Getting a new puppy is a way to cope with losing a much-loved pet. I know it's hard to think of giving your love to a new puppy, especially with the reality of death so fresh in your mind, but give the new one a chance, let it into your heart, and you'll find Squirtle there, too, wanting you to be happy again.

Your mom's probably just trying to be strong for you.

AllyWoof
09-09-2007, 03:02 AM
Why do you need that?

EriRae
09-09-2007, 03:03 AM
It said I need that or your e-mail address...I just picked the less-invasive one

Rich
09-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Writerdog and all else who can't figure shit out--again, suck it up.

Was the dog euthanized, writerdog? Were you there in the room stroking the dog when the vet euthanized it? I did--all four.

Aadams, how many pets have you had to put down?

And hey, since "fuck" is now allowed on these boards it doesn't mean you have to masterbate daily.

EriRae
09-09-2007, 03:42 AM
But...but...I LIKE to masturbate daily...helps relieve stress. Sounds like we need more of that in these forums.

The Lady
09-09-2007, 03:44 AM
Writerdog.
Try visiting petloss.com. It's a beautiful site dedicated to people who have lost their pets. I spent ages there, crying and reading the tributes when I lost my dog. And if you write your friend a tribute, it'll help somebody else someday.

Sorry about your loss.
I'm not ready to replace him yet and it's been over two years, but everybody is different. Some people find getting a new dog helps them over it.

Rich
09-09-2007, 03:45 AM
Just keep your nails well groomed.

acharity
09-09-2007, 03:46 AM
>: I'm sorry to hear about that... it's difficult on everyone with the loss of a family member.

reigningcatsndogs
09-09-2007, 03:51 AM
I'm so sorry! This is a rather current position for me as well. Your mom loved Squirtle. Talking about a puppy is not in any way disrespectful to the memory of you pet. It's her coping mechanism. And you may find that a puppy really helps Missy as well. It's amazing what a puppy or kitten does for an older and/or declining pet -- sort of gives them a whole new lease on life. And your Mom's probably also worried about the rest of the family missing Squirtle, so she's trying to fill a void. There's a big difference between that and replacing one who has gone. Hang in there -- it really will hurt less with time.

joyce
09-09-2007, 03:54 AM
:Hug2:I'm so so sorry to hear about Squirtles passing. It is such a horrible pain to go through. I know your mom is in pain also. Two years ago I had to take my beloved Missy to the vet and put her to sleep. I stayed with her through the whole thing and felt like it was my daughter. I was so depressed feeling inside but I had a hole in my heart that needed filling. I needed to give the pent up love I felt away to another animal. I knew a new pet could never replace Missy but I needed to love another dog and feel the same thing in return. Within 2 weeks I filled the hole with another puppy. I still love and miss Missy, and will never forget her. Screebie the new dog, filled a need I had born from grief. I truly wish you all the best.

AllyWoof
09-09-2007, 03:57 AM
Does anyone besides me think Rich is being extreamily rude?

EriRae
09-09-2007, 03:58 AM
I tried to make light of it, dearie, because I have no rep points to tell anyone how I REALLY feel...

WHY DO WE HAVE SO MUCH NEGATIVE ENERGY LATELY???

ETA: I gave out too many rep points in the last 24 hours (200 to be exact) so I'm still waiting for them to recharge so I can give more. Giving reps to every post in a HUGE thread will do that to you...)

reigningcatsndogs
09-09-2007, 04:03 AM
Does anyone besides me think Rich is being extreamily rude?
Rude, uncaring, insensitive, asinine, cold, callus -- guess you can take your pick!

EriRae
09-09-2007, 04:04 AM
How do I really feel? One step from bannination b/c of that other thread...so I'm keeping my mouth SHUT.

joyce
09-09-2007, 04:05 AM

Was the dog euthanized, writerdog? Were you there in the room stroking the dog when the vet euthanized it? I did--all four.

And hey, since "fuck" is now allowed on these boards it doesn't mean you have to masterbate daily.

Yes Writerdog I thought some of his statements were a little out of line. It is easy for some people to just say "suck it up". Sometimes I think it's a male thing for the most part. I think he sounded mean and heartless but don't pay any attention. There are more people in this big ole world with hearts than without. The heartless ones just make the most noise.

EriRae
09-09-2007, 04:07 AM
:Hug2:
Hugs. We need a little love.

Carrie in PA
09-09-2007, 04:08 AM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Everyone grieves differently and you have to respect that. Just because your mom is handling it differently than you doesn't mean she cares any less. I got 3 kittens just two short weeks after my cat was put down due to liver disease. Doesn't mean I loved him any less or missed him any less. It's been 5 years and I still miss some of the silly things he did.

joyce
09-09-2007, 04:10 AM
Where do these jerks come from? Thanks everyone for being there for writerdog.

AllyWoof
09-09-2007, 04:10 AM
:Hug2:I'm so so sorry to hear about Squirtles passing. It is such a horrible pain to go through. I know your mom is in pain also. Two years ago I had to take my beloved Missy to the vet and put her to sleep. I stayed with her through the whole thing and felt like it was my daughter. I was so depressed feeling inside but I had a hole in my heart that needed filling. I needed to give the pent up love I felt away to another animal. I knew a new pet could never replace Missy but I needed to love another dog and feel the same thing in return. Within 2 weeks I filled the hole with another puppy. I still love and miss Missy, and will never forget her. Screebie the new dog, filled a need I had born from grief. I truly wish you all the best. omg you had a dog named Missy, too?

CatSlave
09-09-2007, 04:11 AM
Hear our humble prayer, O God,
for our friends the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering;
for animals that are overworked,
underfed and cruelly treated;
for all wistful creatures in captivity
that beat their wings against bars;
for any that are hunted or lost or deserted
or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put death.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them
we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,
and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

Author - Albert Schweitzer

RumpleTumbler
09-09-2007, 04:14 AM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

EriRae
09-09-2007, 04:15 AM
Oh...writerdog...forgot to tell you why I was adding you to my friends...check my blog: In Memory of Zeus. Have to be a friend to read it. I posted it for my bf, Mona...they lost their dog two weeks ago. I cried like a baby for an hour--I HATE sudden deaths. No preparation.

ETA...same thing rumpletumbler posted above...no need to check blog now...

scarletpeaches
09-09-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm not a dog person; I much prefer cats, but I have to say I love the name Squirtles. It sounds...naughty. ;)

joyce
09-09-2007, 04:17 AM
omg you had a dog named Missy, too?

Sure did. She was 14 years old when I had to take her to be put to sleep. She was my baby and a yellow lab. I rescued her when she was almost a year old. The people who owned her would not let her inside, nor did she have any shelter (trees, dog house, shade). I live in Florida by the way, so it gets hot and there is sunshine. Missy's almost lost both ears because of sunburn. Her owners let her outside literally burning to death. I adopted her and she lived like my daughter and a queen the rest of her life. I loved her dearly.

AllyWoof
09-09-2007, 04:19 AM

In answer to your question, btw, yes I was there when they put her to sleep. Yes I was petting her.

reigningcatsndogs
09-09-2007, 04:23 AM
We had a Missy too. Don't know that you'll find any other Squirtles on here, though. I had a Pajamas (guess that's not even close).

scarletpeaches
09-09-2007, 04:25 AM
But...but...I LIKE to masturbate daily...helps relieve stress. Sounds like we need more of that in these forums.

You're wonderful at baiting trolls. In fact I'd go so far as to say you're a master baiter.

EriRae
09-09-2007, 04:26 AM
I thought of naming a yellow cat Pikachoo once...don't even know if I spelled it right...

EriRae
09-09-2007, 04:26 AM
You're wonderful at baiting trolls. In fact I'd go so far as to say you're a master baiter.

In more ways than one :D

AllyWoof
09-09-2007, 04:30 AM
My boyfriend said Rich could cram it up his ass

joyce
09-09-2007, 04:33 AM
You are going to have to get something big!;)

joyce
09-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Perhaps Scarlet will lend out sexy time camel, he looks pretty big.

Chumplet
09-09-2007, 04:54 AM
My sister lost her dog Yukon Jack just a couple of weeks ago. He was a handsome shepherd/lab and even had a few acting credits. He learned to bow on stage. His only concern was to please, and he treated my dog with respect. He even kept my Chester from getting lost a few times.

My sister and her partner have definite plans to get another puppy as soon as possible, not only to fill the void left by Jack, but because their home just wouldn't be a home without a dog.

All of our pets hold a special place in our hearts. I still dream about my Tippy from thirty years ago. The Rainbow Bridge story never fails to bring me to tears. I'm sure I'll have a whole pack of dogs waiting for me on that bridge.

Oh... and Rich, I've had a chance to read through these posts after I gave you a negative rep point (my first ever, you should be proud), and I stand by my decision.

EriRae
09-09-2007, 04:57 AM
The Rainbow Bridge story never fails to bring me to tears. I'm sure I'll have a whole pack of dogs waiting for me on that bridge.

Oh... and Rich, I've had a chance to read through these posts after I gave you a negative rep point (my first ever, you should be proud), and I stand by my decision.

I'm in tears just thinking about it. Happy tears.

And thank you.

scarletpeaches
09-09-2007, 05:00 AM
Perhaps Scarlet will lend out sexy time camel, he looks pretty big.

Humphrey is not to be abused unless you pay his standard hourly rate. :D

Little Red Barn
09-09-2007, 05:01 AM
In answer to your question, btw, yes I was there when they put her to sleep. Yes I was petting her.
Alycia, so sorry about Squirtles and also about your beauty Missy. :Hug2:

Ignore Rich--he is so not worth it... Really trust me.

Rich, 100 negs to you you you...

Alycia, you are showing the blogs and such under sig, thats why Erin will add you as a friend!!! Very nice.

Little Red Barn
09-09-2007, 05:04 AM
My boyfriend said Rich could cram it up his ass
No Alycia...lets drop Rich now, ok sweetie?

Writer14
09-09-2007, 05:16 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that writerdog. I know I can't really say 'I know how you or your mom feel' because I've never had a pet before. (my parents can't afford one) But I know i'd be incredibly upset if I lost one because by the time I did they'd be a part of my family.

I hope you and your mom can cope and feel better soon. I don't really know how to word it, but it makes me sad just knowing beautiful pets have to leave like that. Much love!

And, I hope that getting these new puppies helps. They're always little bundles of joy.

joyce
09-09-2007, 05:20 AM
Humphrey is not to be abused unless you pay his standard hourly rate. :D
I was hoping he would be the abuser!

Jersey Chick
09-09-2007, 05:33 AM
In the last five years, I've lost four cats and two dogs. The second dog we had to find a home for, but the rest have all died. Yes, I was in the room EACH time and yes, I petted the cats and actually held my dog's head in my lap (he was part shepherd and we had to sit on the floor). It sucks. It is never easy - even if there is a sense of relief when an animal's been sick and in pain and you know they won't hurt any more. Their pain ends and yours begins. Getting a puppy could be your mom's way of reaffirming that life does go on and that there's still love to be given.

Rich, you were way out of line. Maybe you can just suck it up, and if so good for you, but it's really lousy to basically tell someone else that your way is the only right way and that's that.

Writerdog, hugs to you right now - ignore him. It isn't worth it.

Soccer Mom
09-09-2007, 05:37 AM
Another person on my ignore list.

Gads, it's getting long.

CheshireCat
09-09-2007, 05:41 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, writerdog.

Try to embrace the new puppy or puppies. They aren't meant to replace what you've lost, but will offer you different personalities and more enriching relationships.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-09-2007, 05:45 AM
You didn't ask me, Rich, but I'm gonna answer you just the same... I felt so left out.

On behalf of Writerdog, Aadams73, all else who've already figured it out, et al: Kiss my round, red, Kentucky Chicken Fried ass.

But did they care?

I've had to put down three. And yeah, I was there with 'em to the end and beyond.

That's just about the dumbest crack I've read on AW in a long, long time. I dunno what's up your ass or in your craw or between your ears, but Jeeeeeeeezus H. Christ! Pull it out, cough it up, buy a clue and try desperately to pretend to have a heart. At this rate, you're gonna have to put a rubber band around your wrist and wait for your hand to swell or even your own dick won't have you.

All it took was reading the first post to see this was a serious post from a person who was hurting. You didn't have to go any farther than that UNLESS you were spoiling for a fight. Well, shithead, you found one.

Little Red Barn
09-09-2007, 05:54 AM
OFG, Alycia's signed off :sigh:

Rich if ever there was a person to be banned....it is you. I figured that out when you gave our sweet Jenna a neg rep and everyone else here. You are rude, insensitive, miserable a person who gets off on misery.

Alycia, so sorry again about both babes! hugs

The_Grand_Duchess
09-09-2007, 06:12 AM
I'm a little late but I wanted to say I am so very sorry for your lose. Losing a pet is very hard. I know some people are like they're just animals and they die but they're part of the family and we love them.

I am so very sorry. *hugs*

narnia
09-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Hi writerdog,
I am so very sorry for the heartache you're experiencing now. I've been through it three times in the last two years and it still makes me cry. My two remaining pals, a lovely matched set of Siamese named Xena and Hercules, have solemnly promised me that they will never leave me. They know how horrid I look when I cry....

Seriously, I hope that the happy memories of the time you spent together will eventually dull the pain of your loss and give you comfort.

:e2cat::e2cat:

Condolences from Xena and Hercules too.

ErylRavenwell
09-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Losing a pet can be hard, especially a dog.

Mel
09-09-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, writerdog. It's hard to lose them and they are a part of the family. You'll give love to the new puppies but Squirtles will always be in your heart and all the good memories will stay with you forever.

And, Rich, while writerdog did answer your question as to whether she was there or not, it really wasn't any of your damn business. That's a personal choice each person makes. Yes, I've done it, and also had to make that decision for someone else. My sister was on vacation and no way to get hold of her. It was hard too, and my husband and I stayed with her dog through it, then buried him where I knew she would want him.

kikazaru
09-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Don't be too hard on your mom, people cope with the loss of a pet differently.

I had a black Lab that was my baby. He followed me about like a shadow and when he got ill and had to be put down (he was 15) I was there with his head on my lap and stroking his ears. I sobbed like a baby. I cried for months after, almost every day and I swore I would never ever get another dog because they break your heart. But it turns out that my need for a dog; for that companionship, for that undying devotion and love that only a dog can give, was stronger than the fear of heartbreak that I know will come again from loving another dog. We got another puppy about a month later. He cannot and does not replace my old guy in my heart, but as it turns out, that there is more than enough room in there to love another dog.

There is no right time limit for grief and there is no right or wrong time limit for getting a new pet.

Hugs to you and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jean Marie
09-09-2007, 08:22 PM
writerdog, I'm very sorry for your loss :Hug2: Your Mom got another pup, most likely, to fill the void she was feeling. Losing a pup (any pet) is so incredibly tough. I've been through it several times...going to the vet w/ them, and holding them while they got the shot. It's awful. It cuts to the core.

The big guy, in my avatar, is 10 1/2 and is my boy. Kola Bear, is his name. I can't even begin to think about the day...

Btw, when I was a kid, I bought a kitten for .25 at a school fair. Guess what her name was? Missy :D She lived until she was 18 :)

I've got 3 kitties, now...Otis 15 (female, don't ask), Dunkin Spot, he's 11 and Pono (means goodness in Hawaiian) who's gonna be 3 on the 20th.

As for Rich, he's downright mean and nasty. He should be ignored for his ugly/insensitive, past and present comments.

aka eraser
09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Sorry about your pooch writerdog.

Rich is often cantankerous but not usually mean-spirited. I've given him a time out for a few days.

AllyWoof
09-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks everyone for your support(and for banning Rich for a few days). I had to go the other day. Not because of him, but I got busy. I was away from the house all day yesterday with my afore mentioned boyfriend. He is proving to me men aren't all heartless. He sits with me no matter what mood I am in. All men should be that sweet.

One thing, though. Should I refraighn(sp) from posting about stuff like that, or something?

On a side note, I'd like to add I know that about mom(see her post) I was just upset that day.

ccarver30
09-10-2007, 07:24 PM
I can't even think about my kitty croaking. :(
Sorry for your loss.

AllyWoof
09-10-2007, 07:35 PM
thanks to all for your kind words, except rich, no need to explain. You are right that I don't want to replace our precious squirt or missy when the time comes. I need dogs in my life at all times and have found 2 golden retrievers to welcome into our family. Keep your fingers crossed that they will hold them until Missy passes as I don't think she could handle 2 new ones. Alycia's mom

Jacob
09-10-2007, 07:41 PM
:( :( :(.....Sorry

Kate Thornton
09-10-2007, 07:50 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets become more than companions; they become our friends and family, too. Sometimes the best way of coping with the loss of a beloved pet is to get another pet. I'm sure your Mom knows this. Every pet has something of all pets in them - your new dogs will have Squirtle's & Missy's spirits, too.

Condolences from Jack, Jeeves, Nero, CoCo & Typpee - and me.

mkcbunny
09-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Sorry for your loss. It's so difficult to see them go.

AllyWoof
09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Rich has become the first ever person to go on my ignore list. I am sorry, but no one should be nasty about things like that. I lost a pet, not a pair of mittons.

Little Red Barn
09-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Hello Alycia,
I lost my beloved shepherd last year. Lucy....She looks or looked identical to Jean-Marie's Kola doggy. My family dragged me immediately to the local animal shelter. We came home with two beautiful dogs, one a puppy, Lady..another a 1yr.old, named Georgia. :smile: We dearly miss Lucy. But these pups are very special too. You're in my thoughts`

hugs
kimmi

AllyWoof
09-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Hello Alycia,
I lost my beloved shepherd last year. Lucy....She looks or looked identical to Jean-Marie's Kola doggy. My family dragged me immediately to the local animal shelter. We came home with two beautiful dogs, one a puppy, Lady..another a 1yr.old, named Georgia. :smile: We dearly miss Lucy. But these pups are very special too. You're in my thoughts`

hugs
kimmi Thanks. People like him don't diserve oxygen.

oarsman
09-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I am so sorry for your loss--hugs to you, writerdog

aka eraser
09-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Writerdog, Rich has been whacked with a rolled-up newspaper enough times now and cannot respond. Let it go please.

AllyWoof
09-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Writerdog, Rich has been whacked with a rolled-up newspaper enough times now and cannot respond. Let it go please. Okay. I guess you're right. He could have just been having a bad day for all I know anyway.

Little Red Barn
09-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Okay. I guess you're right. He could have just been having a bad day for all I know anyway.
Good, now lets give this thread back to the memory of your beloved pet, Squirtle and special thoughts to Missy. :Hug2:

AllyWoof
09-10-2007, 10:05 PM
My pups!

Little Red Barn
09-10-2007, 10:09 PM
My pups!
Yes, indeed! We're here for you and your new family of pups coming! :)

AllyWoof
09-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Okay. I really need to nut this obsession with dogs.

stormie
09-11-2007, 12:32 AM
writerdog--we're here for you, if only virtually. I'm sorry about your dog. As Glenn said, hugs for you.

AllyWoof
09-11-2007, 12:48 AM
More bad news. Mom said Missy looks worse.

Kate Thornton
09-11-2007, 12:57 AM
Poor Missy - I hope she slips away quickly and painlessly to join Squirtles in that endless doggy romp. You are lucky you can say goodbye to her now. Now go and love her and know that she will be out of her pain. And get the new puppies to ease your own pain and loss (and to give the new creatures a good and loving home, which is an appropriate and fitting tribute to both Missy & Squirtles)
Hugs.

AllyWoof
09-11-2007, 01:00 AM
*cries*

Mom just left for the vet. Keep your fingers and toes crossed.

Missy is still with us. The vet says it won't be long, though.

Little Red Barn
09-26-2007, 03:34 AM
A tribute now to Missy, passed away a few hours ago and who has now joined Writerdogs other pet, Squirtles and hugs and good thoughts to our girl, Writerdog.

AllyWoof
09-26-2007, 03:39 AM
Thanks Kimmi. I am feeling generous at the moment, too. Anyone else want to mention a pet?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-26-2007, 03:43 AM
Bless your heart... and bless all those loving hearts who've gone before us. The Rainbow Bridge is a crowded place!

Jersey Chick
09-26-2007, 03:45 AM
Bless your heart... and bless all those loving hearts who've gone before us. The Rainbow Bridge is a crowded place!

Crowded, but no doubt happy...

My sympathies... :Hug2:

desertcomet
09-26-2007, 04:16 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm also the type that doesn't like to get a new pet right after one dies. But like several people have said, "everyone has different ways of mourning."

musicalzoo
09-26-2007, 04:18 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

My mom just lost dakota- a small white mop looking dog she loved dearly (course, she has 4, 5, 6? others). but it doesn't make it any easier.

Just remember how happy you made her while she was here with you. She died knowing she was loved, and that's all that matters.

RumpleTumbler
09-26-2007, 04:23 AM
Sorry to hear Alycia.:Hug2:

joyce
09-26-2007, 04:30 AM
:Hug2:So sorry to hear about the loss.

oarsman
09-26-2007, 04:53 AM
My sympathy for your loss, writerdog. Thinking of you.

temerity
09-26-2007, 04:56 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss!

It's weird, because today we had to put my 13-year-old Beagle to sleep. We've had her since I was seven (we adopted her when she was three). Even though it'll be weird not having her around the house, she's not in pain anymore--and that's what's important.

Best of luck with your new puppies!

& Rich has recieved another negative rep point because he is the biggest kind of loser, end of story. :)

stormie
09-26-2007, 05:44 AM
Oh, Alycia! I am so sorry. I just heard about it from kimmi. She PMd me to tell me your Missy died. You've had two wonderful pets die within such a short time. How hard it must be for you! But we're all here, sending our love and hugs to you.

AllyWoof
09-26-2007, 05:46 AM
[quote=temerity;1668999]I'm so sorry for your loss!

It's weird, because today we had to put my 13-year-old Beagle to sleep. /)

quote] Missy was 13 also.

Soccer Mom
09-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Just sending my condolences as well. Sorry for your loss, but at least she isn't suffering any more.

RLB
09-26-2007, 07:47 AM
It's weird, because today we had to put my 13-year-old Beagle to sleep.

That's crazy. Yesterday my parents had to put their 9 year old beagle- Bailey -down (he had cushings disease). I was on the phone with my mom most of the night before. He was too feeble to really move, and he laid on the floor the whole night while my mom brushed him and cried. I haven't lived with my parents (or even in the same state) in the nine years they've had him, except a couple of summers, but I visited a lot and Bailey was always excited to see me. I just keep thinking about him and tearing up. It's sad.

temerity
09-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Wow, weird.

The vet thinks my dog had cushings disease, too--isn't it something concerning the adrenal glands? We got her some meds but they didn't do anything, and towards the end--yeah, she was pretty much stationary.

...but at least they're not suffering anymore, right?

AllyWoof
09-27-2007, 04:58 AM
We got the new puppy today.