Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarlit

Lit from within
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sugarlit.com
I am interested in interviewing people who knew Hervey Cleckley (1903-1984), American psychiatrist and pioneer in the field of psychopathy.

Not much is know about this man except for his career and his writings on psychopaths. He was known especially for two books he wrote, The Mask of Sanity and The Three Faces of Eve. I would be interested in speaking to anyone who may have known him on a personal level, and can tell me more about him (other than what's available on Wikipedia, etc.).

I have tracked down the names of two people who may have known him: Connor Dyess Smith (his niece) and Chip Dolan, his descendant. Chip donated a large portion of Hervey's memorabilia to the Special Collections Unit at the Medical College of Georgia in 2001. Connor, I believe, is married to retired Air Force Maj. Gen. Perry M. Smith.

Anyone with information on where I can reach these people, or anyone who knew Hervey directly, is encouraged to contact me (my email is [email protected]) - thanks so much for your help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.