PDA

View Full Version : Sour Grapes/Ignorance

sgtmrb03
09-08-2007, 09:35 AM
So! What does everyone think about Peeps????

Azraelsbane
09-08-2007, 09:47 AM
I tried being bitter, but it took too much effort. There are so many things infinitely more deserving of my fiery wrath...like blue Peeps. Can you believe the nerve of that candy company?

Blue. Marshmallow. Chickens.

Now that's just blasphemous.

Ava Jarvis
09-08-2007, 09:56 AM

What do you think of the new purple peeps? When I first saw them, I thought: aliens have landed.

Then I saw the *green* peeps, which seemed to confirm my suspicions.

There are purple and green bunny peeps, too. What is the world coming to??

Cranky
09-08-2007, 09:58 AM
I tried being bitter, but it took too much effort. There are so many things infinitely more deserving of my fiery wrath...like blue Peeps. Can you believe the nerve of that candy company?

Microwave 'em. Seriously. I think you'll like the results. ;)

OK...I've read some crap, and written some crap. Maybe, one day, someone will pay me lotsa money to publish my crap, too!

Azraelsbane
09-08-2007, 10:00 AM
What do you think of the new purple peeps? When I first saw them, I thought: aliens have landed.

Then I saw the *green* peeps, which seemed to confirm my suspicions.

There are purple and green bunny peeps, too. What is the world coming to??

It's a conspiracy. I have yet to try the purple and green monsters of which you speak, but I have confirmed the existence of demons in the blues. There is only one way to exorcise the wretches. Two minutes in a 900 Watt microwave.

Edit: *eyes Cranky suspiciously* I suspect you are either one of us, or a spy from the land of Peeple. I will be watching you closely, "friend." If I find you to be shedding a light sugary path as you saunter through the forum, I won't be able to guarantee your safety. I'm stealthy, like a jackhammer.

Ava Jarvis
09-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Lookie what Google turned up!

http://www.peepresearch.org/

There are disturbing results about peep eyes.

No live Mortal Peep Combat unfortunately. For that, there is YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhCmfX_PQ7E

Cranky
09-08-2007, 10:14 AM
It's a conspiracy. I have yet to try the purple and green monsters of which you speak, but I have confirmed the existence of demons in the blues. There is only one way to exorcise the wretches. Two minutes in a 900 Watt microwave.

Edit: Eyes Cranky suspiciously. I suspect you are either one of us, or a spy from the land of Peeple. I will be watching you closely "friend." If I find you to be shedding a light sugary path as you go, I won't be able to guarantee your safety. I'm stealthy like a jackhammer.

OK, I find the idea of a sugar trail (like slugs, yes) behind me is too hilarious. I can't even begin to compose a decent retort.

Rep point to you, m'dear! Game, set, match. I'll be watching for the jackhammer, though...

Azraelsbane
09-08-2007, 10:17 AM
OK, I find the idea of a sugar trail (like slugs, yes) behind me is too hilarious. I can't even begin to compose a decent retort.

Rep point to you, m'dear! Game, set, match. I'll be watching for the jackhammer, though...

:thankyou:I'm here all night, folks.

lfraser
09-08-2007, 10:19 AM
No live Mortal Peep Combat unfortunately. For that, there is YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhCmfX_PQ7E

Now that's just sick.

Ravenlocks
09-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I like the pink peeps. They're about the only thing pink that I like. Granted, I don't eat them. I just like how they look.

I bet they could kick the butts of the yellow peeps any day.

JohnDavidPaxton
09-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I hate them and I hope they all die.

Oh. The marshmallow confections?

They're alright.

Willowmound
09-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Who writes novels about marshmellows anyway?

Azraelsbane
09-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Only the masters.

Esopha
09-08-2007, 04:50 PM

http://www.peepresearch.org

Oops. Someone already posted it!

Oh well, it deserves another post. I love Peep Research. :D

Azraelsbane
09-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Good to see this thread is still on track after my four hour nap.

Shadow_Ferret
09-08-2007, 06:13 PM
My mother-in-law loves peeps after they've gone stale and they're a little crunchy.

Could you be a little more specific?

With this crowd, it helps.

KTC
09-08-2007, 06:59 PM
water would probably eradicate them? Someone left the peeps out in the rain...

Ava Jarvis
09-08-2007, 07:44 PM
A-HA!

Proof of the purple and green peeps! Also, the blue peep shows up! And purple bunny peeps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGgI7Up3jTo&mode=related&search=

This... this is scaring me. Someone hold me.

Esopha
09-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Peep sparing is a fun sport. Arm a peep with one toothpick each (aka: stick the toothpick into the peep), stick 'em in a microwave for thirty seconds. The first one to spear the other and make them deflate wins.

Azraelsbane
09-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Nobody read my original damn comment... which I guess emphasizes my point.

I read your comment. I even responded. It is not my fault that everyone else decided to go along with my added humor instead of your bitter resentment of published authors.

I am unpublished. I used to cry myself to sleep like all the other people who watch their dreams float towards the gutter, but one day I got sick of crying. I got sick of reading things less for enjoyment and more so I could nitpick the writing to death and claim mine was better.

I sat my ass in front of my manuscript and worked it until my eyes bled. I'm still working it, but damn it, it's almost polished, and it's 100xs better than before (and yes, I thought it was better than all the other stuff before too).

I don't know if I'll get it published or not. If I don't, so be it. I'll make it better and try again, because spending my time being angry and bitter isn't hurting anyone but yours truly.

Shadow_Ferret
09-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Nobody read the original damn comment...which I guess emphasizes my point.

I never saw your original post. You deleted it for something about peeps. Got no one to blame but yourself.

EriRae
09-09-2007, 12:24 AM
*shedding a light sugary path through the forum...*

WHAT? STOP LOOKING AT MY BLUENESS!!! Oh crap!

*runs from Az and her jackhammer*

san_remo_ave
09-09-2007, 02:35 AM
I never saw your original post. You deleted it for something about peeps. Got no one to blame but yourself.
[/i]

I never saw the original post, either, so...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/128298125379532500odeerpeepzi.jpg

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Two great minds...

san_remo_ave
09-09-2007, 02:58 AM
Two great minds...

Then I'm in great company! ;)

acharity
09-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Peeps @_@ Blech.

When I was younger, I had thought they'd be delicious. Oh how wrong I was ~_~ Little did I know then that they were gooey masses of marshmallow with a sugary coating of ewness.

Never again!