dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Apparently they all end up this way. I'm sad to say that I haven't read her works, or at least I don't remember reading them, though I'm aware they've influenced a large number of the writers I read regularly.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
awwwwwwwwww. I love her work. I remember reading Wrinkle in Time in 6th grade and being so caught up in the story. I read it to my kids and to students when I taught. She was certainly one of the greats.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Wrinkle in Time was one of my favorite books when I was a little girl (and no, it's not the inspiration for my user name ;) ). When I was in grade school, I ordered a copy through the Scholastic Book Club not realizing we already had two copies in the house from my brothers and sisters.

AmyBA

I'm a believer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amyba.com
How I loved A Wrinkle in Time, one of my childhood favorites. I remember borrowing my aunt's copy... come to think of it, I wonder if I ever gave it back?

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think I still own everything she's written. I'm saving them for my kids, if I ever have any. (and reading them periodically, because I love all of them.)

Damn.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I thought of her yesterday because as I was packing up the house, i found that lclary owned a copy of both wrinkle in time and bridge to terabithia, neither of which I remembered owning nor reading.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Awwwwwww.... :cry:

Put me down as another one who loved her books, especially Wrinkle in Time and the others from that series.

Susan G.

AndiB

Registered
Reaction score
How sad. It is good to know that she will live on through her contribution to the literature that captures the hearts and minds of children though.

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Read "A Wrinkle in Time" when I was in el. school. Probably the first real book I read after "Gorilla Adventure." Sad day...

small axe

memento mori
Registered
Reaction score
Never heard of her.

But I'm always liberal with my R.I.P's.

So.

R.I.P.

Then in a thread where folks are sharing their sincere sadness, thank you for pissing in the pool of heartfelt tears.

I remember the teacher reading us a chapter of WRINKLE IN TIME too everyday after lunch recess. Loved that time and looked forward to each new part of the story.

A WRINKLE IN TIME was the first book where I realized that there are writers who create universes of the Imagination, from nothing ... and wondered if I too might do that someday. Opened up great possibilities, that book.

And the evil that only wants to "X" created things out into non-existence ... that was my first grasp at nihilism, and the first time I realized: some folks are so empty inside themselves (except for poison and corruption, cynicism and mocking) that -- instead of reaching out to fill themselves with true wonders and wisdom -- they'd rather pollute and destroy the wonders and wisdoms of those who possess them.

Sour grapes indeed. Sourer souls.