What branch of Paganism is everyone here?

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I've sort of evolved over the last twenty years. I started out as a moderately-fluffy kitchen witch, and have transitioned into a Celtic-flavored eclectic something-or-other. I do belong to a Wiccan coven, but I consider myself Pagan first and foremost, because not all of the rules of Wicca fit into my worldview. I honor gods of the Celtic pantheon, but lately I've been getting nudges from some Roman deities, which I'm investigating further.

I wouldn't call myself a Celtic reconstructionist, but more of a Celtic traditionalist.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Solitary eclectic Wiccan

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
"Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?"

"I'm a Manwich."

252870.jpg

She_wulf

that's me
Registered
Reaction score
Website
CaliaWilde.com
I've sort of evolved over the last twenty years. I started out as a moderately-fluffy kitchen witch, and have transitioned into a Celtic-flavored eclectic something-or-other. I do belong to a Wiccan coven, but I consider myself Pagan first and foremost, because not all of the rules of Wicca fit into my worldview. I honor gods of the Celtic pantheon, but lately I've been getting nudges from some Roman deities, which I'm investigating further.

I wouldn't call myself a Celtic reconstructionist, but more of a Celtic traditionalist.
I didn't realize there was an actual designation as that.

Huh, I'll admit doing the research for my last work put me onto the 'Celtic traditionalist' path. Mostly because my MC's story was set in AD 62. There is a bit of 'Dis Pater' cult influence in the story too. (Which later morphed into early Christianity) I had to weed out all the eastern influence from my reference material before I could glimpse what the real religion was like.

BTW I was a dyed in the wool Protestant up until about 10 years ago. Too many myths began to overlap and I began to rip apart all the notions I'd grown up with and boil them down to which mythology they sprang from. Which is why I'll not profess to be Wiccan. There is too much cross culture contamination for my taste. Gardner channeled too many other religions IMO.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Heh. I'm not sure there's such a designation as "Celtic traditionalist" either, but it's the nearest thing I can think to describe what it is I do.

I've found that while I've got a lot of Celtic influence going on, I'm also quite drawn to the Roman pantheon and the Norse as well. It's partly the warrior culture, I suspect, but since both of those groups merged in with the Celts of the British Isles, maybe it would be more accurate to call myself a "British traditionalist"... but then people assume I'm talking about BTW, which I'm not.

It's a conundrum, I tell ya.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
I'm open-source pagan, kinda like Linux for the soul. The kernel gets rebuilt every few years, and new apps come along to make life better.

Deirdre

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deirdre.net
Druid (Celtic)
Wiccan (Celtic)
Orisa (the West African flavor more than the new world sort), I'm omo (child of) Olokun.

Nice thing about being a polytheist is multiple ways of looking at the world.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sort of a calico witch, a little bit of everything: drawn to the triple Goddesses in several cultures, hit on the Egyptian pantheon a lot, (close to home here), and not afraid to place a curse to rectify a wrong done to my partner. Said curse lifted as soon as the recompense came.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
I'm sort of a hindu heathen with shamanic tendencies; no idea what to call that.

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Hillbilly hedgewitch.
I suppose I could call it fam/trad, in the sense of looking at my sister and my aunt at various times and saying "dayum, you too?", and raising the short people Pagan. But that has overtones of "I learned it at my Welsh Granny's knee", which I didn't. And anyway, I like the alliteration.

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a druid. Noboby in my family knows that though. My sister's a born again christian who has managed to drag my parents into her religion. My three other siblings don't give a hoot about religion. They all think I believe in nothing and hate all religion. I do really, really dislike organized religion but I don't hate "all" religion. I just like to keep a safe distance from it. The reason I haven't told them I'm a druid (well my mum knows) is because I don't want to explain it to them (its private) and I don't want them to whisper behind my back that they think I'm in a cult or something. Buggar that.