Status
Not open for further replies.

theengel

Complete Joke
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sahdguide.info
Ok, when you girls go out on the town, and your friend ends up falling down drunk, what are the rules? Do you take care of her? What if she's fighting you?

Are there some definate do's and dont's? Like is it a capital crime to leave her alone with the guy she was slobbering on?

Let it all out...article is due in 6 days.

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't see how the rest of the gals would leave her in harm's way. I do know that most guys don't do that--whether its male or female, no matter how stupid they may be. Not on my watch.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Well I've been both girls.

To be the one to take care of one, sucks. But you know you have to do it, because nobody else will. And, if you're human, you'll do it.

I've done waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many good deads for the drunks in my life.

As for being the drunk one, I'm grateful to those that pulled me away from the creeps I've fell on however I've never been the passed out drunk. I've managed to get myself into bed, or somebodies bed.

Whoops, I didn't read all of the OP...

If she's really drunk, never leave her alone with the fool she's slobbering on. That will only lead to very bad things, things she will hate you for in the morning ~ if you ever find her again.

No matter how much she "loves him" or thinks she will love him later, don't give in to the drunk girls pleads for privacy with a new friend.

I've also been the drunk that pleaded, half the time I was removed from the situation, the other half I was left to deal with what I thought I wanted at the moment. It works out, sometimes.

Do you want gushy details?

Last edited:

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
First of all I choose who I get drunk with and I have no room for fighter girls in my group. If one did get that way I'm sure the girls would take care of each other and drag her out of the situation no matter how much she fought. I fist to the head would take care of that problem fast..ha ha. I have a neighbor that is beautiful but is the biggest lush. We all know as soon as she shows up to hide your perfume, cooking wine, rubbing alcohol because she is going to drink it till she enters the zone. Many times we've had to drag her down the street back to her house. I think most women would take care of each other in a bad situation.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Wouldn't leave her but also wouldn't let her think it's cool for the next time. This just happened to my best friend - a group of girls went to Chicago for a bachelorette weekend & one of the bridesmaids got drunk, puked in the bar & cut the night short. She had the b@lls to yell at the other girls for treating her so badly, called the bride-to-be names, etc. So they called her out on her behavior and didn't allow her to drink for the rest of the weekend. She obeyed.

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
Am old enough to (we are bragging here aren't we???;) ) have been there in four countries. No, we don't leave her even as far as getting help carrying her bodily out of the place at the same time the manager is calling the cops (those types can get loud) One trick that worked for me , if she was un-cooperative (^&*?!) was to talk the guy into ditching her. You can do that by guilting him or mentioning the girls very dangerous husband who is out looking for her and "we got to get her out of here, he'll kill anyone in his path" ..... All good for a laugh at reunions.

theengel

Complete Joke
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sahdguide.info
thanks for all the replies.

What about throw-up sessions. Do you try to hold her head up or something, or just lay her on her side and walk away?

Do you leave her with someone at the end of the night or drop her off on her porch?

So far what I'm hearing, girls handle these things drastically different from the way guys do.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
What about throw-up sessions. Do you try to hold her head up or something, or just lay her on her side and walk away?

Do you leave her with someone at the end of the night or drop her off on her porch?

So far what I'm hearing, girls handle these things drastically different from the way guys do.

Case #1 .... we're in a club, it's my night to drive so she goes completely wild with the booze. Gets us kicked out of the club, early and then has the audacity to puke the second she sits her butt down in my still-sort-of-new car. After she begins puking I scream at her to open the door. She wont, she's too busy spewing onto the floor of my passenger seat. I lean behind her and push open the door and push her head out the door so she can carryon spewing into the gutter. I get out and go to the trunk to get something for her to wipe her face with, all I have is a pair of pajama pants (I don't know why they are in the trunk, really I don't). So I hand her the pants, she wipes up and we get on our way towards home.

She then procedes to spew once we get into the house, in her bathroom conveniently, in the toilet to make things better.

The only other being living in her home is not at home, her father. So i'm there with her, in the bathroom, on the floor, while she hugs the toilet, spewing, spewing and spewing some more. In between spews, she's sobbing. Yes - sobbing.

So not only am I holding her hair up and blotting her face every time she spews, I have to console her now.

And I do. Why? I have no farking idea.

Finally, she calms down enough and accepts the fact that she does not have alcohol poisening and agrees to let me leave her. She swore she's pay for the cleaning bill, she didn't. And my car stunk. And it still stunk for one of my dates. Lovely. Really, it was my friend not me.

Case #2 - very similar situation. Friends car. Everything else is the same. I get to hold the hair, I get to undress her and get her in her bed and cover her up. I get to help the friend clean his car.

B@st@ards. Control your drinking. Give me a beer.

FloVoyager

Will write for chocolate
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, when you girls go out on the town, and your friend ends up falling down drunk, what are the rules? Do you take care of her? What if she's fighting you?

Are there some definate do's and dont's? Like is it a capital crime to leave her alone with the guy she was slobbering on?

Let it all out...article is due in 6 days.

Friends don't let friends scr*w around drunk. Would take her home or back to the hotel (if we were out of town). If she fought, the group would drag her out and away from a bad situation, if necessary. Would lay the law down the next morning. And probably wouldn't invite this person to come along again.

As for getting her away from some guy, reminding her (just loudly enough for the guy to hear), that getting drunk is no way to deal with the news she's got herpes should do it.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
As for getting her away from some guy, reminding her (just loudly enough for the guy to hear), that getting drunk is no way to deal with the news she's got herpes should do it.

Priceless.

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
You gotta' help her, no matter what. Hold her hair back so she doesn't throw up all over it; wipe up the mess as best as you can; take her home, put her to bed with a bucket next to her, and call in the morning.

Reaction score
I wouldn't go out with someone who was a known binge-drinker anyway. If the evening turned out that way I'd stick her in a taxi home and tell her not to be such a twat in future. And yes, I'd let someone puke on their own hair. I can guarantee they wouldn't do it twice.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
Always hold the hair, and always get her home safe. Even the most quiet people cut loose once in a while and they don't deserve to be abandoned for being human. As far as the fighting, a jug of water helps to cool them off typically, and even if it doesn't, it never takes very long before the tears and drunken pity party start. If there was a history of binge-drinking and barfin in back alleys, I probably would not be there at all.

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
Some people know how to behave in public.

Yeah but we've all gotten silly from time to time. We've all done things we regretted after we sobered up. I know I have, and I never deserved to be left lying in some dirty street where I could be picked up by god knows who and done god knows what with.

No-one deserves that.

Reaction score
Sure, everyone's done silly things, but no, not everyone's got so drunk they've been sick in the street. I've done embarrassing things, but never got to the point where I've been falling-down-into-a-puddle-of-my-own-puke drunk.

Yes, you look after someone but there's no way I'm going out at the weekend with a person (male or female) who has that pattern of behaviour. I would let them go home with sick in their hair and not feel a moment's regret. And I've done it. The person I refer to felt embarrassed and ashamed in the morning and has never done it again - at least in my presence, because she knows I wouldn't stand for it.

I know how to have a good time. Alcohol poisoning and pukey hair isn't my idea of a good time.

theengel

Complete Joke
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sahdguide.info
Do they?

Some people know how to behave in public.

He, he...boy that's harsh.

Funny thing is, your approach is the way a guy would (and usually does) react. But not for the same reasons. We just wouldn't want to get splatters, don't really care if our buddy gets injured (we'll try to keep him from dying), and wouldn't want to catch hell from his mom/dad/wife when we dropped him off.

So it's drag him out to the lawn until the party's over, throw him in the back of the car with his head sticking out the window for the ride home, and finally drag him up to his front steps and high-tail it out of there.

On top of all that, we get some good laughs when falls over his feet and breaks something (an arm, a finger, whatever).

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
You boys sure are nasty. Good thing I never had to deal with drunken friends. Oh well, once, but by the time we had the take him home he'd already puked out his guts and sobered up.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
It's simple...

guys wake up on the lawn/driveway, girls wake up in a strange bed.

wink wink.

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?

Leaving her is perhaps not a capitol crime (although it could be depending upon what happened to her), but a definate no-no in friendship laws. I agree with the majority here though, if it is a pattern, I wouldn't be out with her. But people do stupid things at times, and friends should never hold that momentary stupidity against a friend. And a real friend would never leave someone in a possible dangerous situation. For women, going off with a strange guy is one of those situations.

I have to agree with Jennifer...Priceless! I wish I thought of that one the last time (years ago) that I was in that position. Instead, I had to get aggressive with the guy, got up in his face and told him to back off from my woman. Probably not the wisest course, since I am not particularly intimidating, and it probably put all sorts of ideas in his head about what he could do with 2 girls, but the bouncer was right there for back-up.:D

At the very least I would make sure she wasn't puking on herself, but since watching can induce the same state in me, it would depend on how close of a friend she was.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
I haven't had to do it in a long time, but yes, you hold her hair and help her.
No, you don't abandon her, esp. to a "new friend" or any other "helpful" guy.
Yes, you see her safely home.

Friends don't let friends get into dangerous situations if they can help it. The next day - when she's badly hung over - is the time to yell at her.

Like I say, I'm of an age when it doesn't happen that way. GNO for me usually means dinner, but not a drunken binge.

Last edited:
Reaction score
He, he...boy that's harsh.

Funny thing is, your approach is the way a guy would (and usually does) react...

So I've been told. I prefer to say I just don't suffer fools gladly. I can't abide binge drinking in men or women - it leads to loss of dignity and I can't tell you the amount of times I've heard women claim they've been spiked and you're like, no, you just drank too much.

Let's get SP really drunk, while she's wearing her itsy bitsy mini skirt and see how well she behaves. :)

I wouldn't get that drunk. I don't binge. I've got too much self-respect and a phobia about losing control, especially in public. Plus, as has already been brought up (though not in the vomiting sense), it's too dangerous.

...GNO for me usually means dinner, but not a drunken binge.

With me, sometimes it's dinner, sometimes it's a few drinks. But never binging. Alcohol abuse is pointless. I just don't go out with people who binge and if someone in my party did, that'd be the last time I went out with them.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't get that drunk. I don't binge. I've got too much self-respect and a phobia about losing control, especially in public. Plus, as has already been brought up (though not in the vomiting sense), it's too dangerous.

You are hard to break. You totally overlooked my mini skirt comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.