Eating...

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
Do you think having your belly full will help you write better? Or starving yourself? Which is better..............? Silly question!

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I find it much easier to write with a full belly and a (relatively) full bank account. Fewer worries to distract me.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
I have the bank account, but not the full belly. And I also tend to forget to eat because I'm too busy with other things. And then by that time my stomach has given up on me..... that's not real good.

Koobie

Super Duper Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tyrovogel.com
Strangely enough, I find it that I've much more ideas when I'm hungry and/or physically exhausted. Must be some kind of a subconscious self-preservation switch that goes off in my brain, making it say, "You better think of something clever fast, or else."

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
If I'm writing, I usually forget to eat. Or I can't be bothered. Writing, writing, ugh it's lunch time (opening cupboards), prepare something?! Oh forget it, I'm not that hungry, writing, writing, writing...

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
:banana: I like your intake on it, Jo. Call me selfish but I don't see something to eat right away, or snag it from the frigde already prepared, then I tend to walk away and go back to do something else.

But now since I have a full belly, I am going to tempt writing dialogue. Wish me luck!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I also write better when hungry. There could be all sorts of psychological reasons, but I'm going with the physiological. A full stomach diverts a lot of bloodflow. That's why we get sleepy after a big meal.

I actually have to be careful or I'll disintegrate when I get on a writing tear.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I write better when the tummy is full of caffeine! I type a lot faster too!

Want some chocolate? Here, have a slice from my avatar! Want some coffee with it?

:e2coffee::Coffee::e2coffee::e2woo:

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
I can't write well if I'm ridiculously hungry. Once I didn't eat for 12 days and by the end I was just writing drivel. I like to look back on my livejournal during that period to remind myself that eating is a good thing and that I write like crap when I'm literally starving.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
I also write better when hungry. There could be all sorts of psychological reasons, but I'm going with the physiological. A full stomach diverts a lot of bloodflow. That's why we get sleepy after a big meal.

I actually have to be careful or I'll disintegrate when I get on a writing tear.

That's my thought too... I'd never be capable of writing if I'd had a really big meal, it tends to be like a drug to me.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Don't lie. They don't eat in New Zealand. They just nibble on grass and wash it down with beer.

Perksy, I would kill ya, but then one of my favourite bloggers would be no more. So just a cold, penetrating kinda glare this time, OK?

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
The problem *I* have is, if I'm too hungry I wind up getting up to go find something to munch on (and then I browse the net while I eat)

BUT

if I'm too full, I'm not even sentient. I just want to take a nap on the couch for hours and hours.

So I need a nice middle range. Or tea. :D

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
Well, when your belly is empty, it's not good to write. I've tried it dozens of times. You're just tired and miserable. But then, after you eat a good meal, you're still tired and really stuffed adding onto the misery.

Recently, I've discovered taking a shower is a good way to open your brain cells. My story just kicked me in the arse after I got out tonight.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Do you think having your belly full will help you write better? Or starving yourself? Which is better..............? Silly question!

I'm not allowed to eat the neighbors.

I'm hungry. Will you be my friend and come visit me? :D