PDA

View Full Version : Eating...

ZannaPerry
09-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Do you think having your belly full will help you write better? Or starving yourself? Which is better..............? Silly question!

Azraelsbane
09-06-2007, 09:45 PM
I am at my best after taking a shower and having a meal. Super productive. The problem is, I often forget to eat, and I take showers at night, when my husband comes home and reminds me there is a world outside daydreams and laptops.

Bubastes
09-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I find it much easier to write with a full belly and a (relatively) full bank account. Fewer worries to distract me.

ZannaPerry
09-06-2007, 10:02 PM
I have the bank account, but not the full belly. And I also tend to forget to eat because I'm too busy with other things. And then by that time my stomach has given up on me..... that's not real good.

Koobie
09-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Strangely enough, I find it that I've much more ideas when I'm hungry and/or physically exhausted. Must be some kind of a subconscious self-preservation switch that goes off in my brain, making it say, "You better think of something clever fast, or else."

JoNightshade
09-06-2007, 10:36 PM
If I'm writing, I usually forget to eat. Or I can't be bothered. Writing, writing, ugh it's lunch time (opening cupboards), prepare something?! Oh forget it, I'm not that hungry, writing, writing, writing...

ZannaPerry
09-06-2007, 11:20 PM
:banana: I like your intake on it, Jo. Call me selfish but I don't see something to eat right away, or snag it from the frigde already prepared, then I tend to walk away and go back to do something else.

But now since I have a full belly, I am going to tempt writing dialogue. Wish me luck!

Perks
09-06-2007, 11:53 PM
I also write better when hungry. There could be all sorts of psychological reasons, but I'm going with the physiological. A full stomach diverts a lot of bloodflow. That's why we get sleepy after a big meal.

I actually have to be careful or I'll disintegrate when I get on a writing tear.

JLCwrites
09-07-2007, 01:18 AM
I write better when the tummy is full of caffeine! I type a lot faster too!

Want some chocolate? Here, have a slice from my avatar! Want some coffee with it?

:e2coffee::Coffee::e2coffee::e2woo:

maestrowork
09-07-2007, 01:53 AM
I can't write if I'm full or hungry. I prefer to write on mocha fraps alone.

Hillary
09-07-2007, 02:04 AM
I can't write well if I'm ridiculously hungry. Once I didn't eat for 12 days and by the end I was just writing drivel. I like to look back on my livejournal during that period to remind myself that eating is a good thing and that I write like crap when I'm literally starving.

akiwiguy
09-07-2007, 02:42 AM
I also write better when hungry. There could be all sorts of psychological reasons, but I'm going with the physiological. A full stomach diverts a lot of bloodflow. That's why we get sleepy after a big meal.

I actually have to be careful or I'll disintegrate when I get on a writing tear.

That's my thought too... I'd never be capable of writing if I'd had a really big meal, it tends to be like a drug to me.

Perks
09-07-2007, 03:42 AM
That's my thought too... I'd never be capable of writing if I'd had a really big meal, it tends to be like a drug to me.Don't lie. They don't eat in New Zealand. They just nibble on grass and wash it down with beer.

akiwiguy
09-07-2007, 04:57 AM
Don't lie. They don't eat in New Zealand. They just nibble on grass and wash it down with beer.

Perksy, I would kill ya, but then one of my favourite bloggers would be no more. So just a cold, penetrating kinda glare this time, OK?

PeeDee
09-07-2007, 05:50 AM
The problem *I* have is, if I'm too hungry I wind up getting up to go find something to munch on (and then I browse the net while I eat)

BUT

if I'm too full, I'm not even sentient. I just want to take a nap on the couch for hours and hours.

So I need a nice middle range. Or tea. :D

TrainofThought
09-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Do you think having your belly full will help you write better? Or starving yourself? Which is better..............? Silly question!You mean full or empty I might be a spectacular writer? Food for Thought. I'll have to try both and see if it works.

ZannaPerry
09-07-2007, 06:24 AM
Well, when your belly is empty, it's not good to write. I've tried it dozens of times. You're just tired and miserable. But then, after you eat a good meal, you're still tired and really stuffed adding onto the misery.

Recently, I've discovered taking a shower is a good way to open your brain cells. My story just kicked me in the arse after I got out tonight.

desertcomet
09-07-2007, 07:24 AM
I can write if I'm hungry but not if I'm thirsty. I'm thirsty now and it's distracting.

SpookyWriter
09-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Do you think having your belly full will help you write better? Or starving yourself? Which is better..............? Silly question!

I'm not allowed to eat the neighbors.

I'm hungry. Will you be my friend and come visit me? :D

ZannaPerry
09-07-2007, 08:08 AM
you trying to tell me something???