Does anyone a have writing related tattoo(s)?

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Does anyone have a writing related tattoo(s)?

I was thinking about maybe getting a quill of some sort but thought I would come here and ask if anyone had a writing related tat.
Anyone? :)

Reaction score
I don't, but I'll keep an eye on this thread to get some ideas. I like the idea of having my favourite quotation tattooed on my writing arm.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
I suppose I have in a way.

A couple of mine are my boys names. Combined, they form the name I write by.

JJ

PS I'd love to see the look of the tattooist when you ask them to carve a quill into your arm.:)

Last edited:

ChimeraCreative

Been there, Done that.
Registered
Reaction score
Not exactly. I'm uneasy about having words tattooed onto my body. But I'm going to have an artful representation of some lyrics put on me. Would the lyrics count as writing related.

I'm gonna have three crooked hearts with swirls all around. ^_^ I think Devil would know what I mean by that. ^_^

-An

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like the idea of a writing-related tatoo, but not one that's text, no matter how lovely the calligraphy.

See, the upscale YMCA where we used to be members had a gang shower, and I've seen what happens to straight lines and deliberate curves when the tat's owner ages and the skin loses its elasticity. It's less severe on the arm and lower leg, but eventually all of you sags, apparently.

So I like the idea of a quill, a fountain pen, like that. (Although the idea of a tat of your great opening paragraph, in double-spaced Courier 12, intrigues...)

Maryn, tat free but admiring them on others

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking about maybe getting a quill of some sort but thought I would come here and ask if anyone had a writing related tat. Anyone? :)

Nope, but I was actually just thinking the other day that maybe my next one could be a pen, a book, or a quill. Of course, it's going to be a while before I can afford to get another tat. *sigh*

I'd never do text either - not the best symbolism if it ended up looking like gibberish later on in life. :D

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Many years ago I got a tattoo. Maryn is right about the sags - and you must plan for eventual weight gain/loss, too. Mine still looks pretty good, but I would think twice about getting another one. (It's art/geography/ornithology-related, not writing)

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I was thinking about maybe getting a quill of some sort but thought I would come here and ask if anyone had a writing related tat.
Anyone? :)
I don't have a writing related tat, but it's a nice idea. Maybe I'll make the next one a typewriter strategically placed to incur plenty of activity. ;)

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a writing related tat, but it's a nice idea. Maybe I'll make the next one a typewriter strategically placed to incur plenty of activity. ;)

you're going to tattoo a typewriter on your laptop.
how odd.
:D

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
No, but I did get some temporary tattoos that said "Writer" on them from the muni at NaNo. I put them on my kids. Most of the kiddos wanted to wash them off right away, but my 3-year-old wanted to keep his. So we avoided scrubbing his biceps for a couple of days (he had one on each arm). Big mistake.

Apparently, if you don't get them off in the first day or so, they stain your skin. The kid spent the summer at the pool with bicep tats that said "Writer" on a ribbon across a shield.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
My daughter and I were thinking about getting one together but it has not happened yet. Wow I never thought about weight gain or loss. I go up and down so much I'd probably have a saggy tatoo. If I ever get an agent I might tatoo it across my forehead. Though I don't know, maybe I should get it on my ass since it worked so hard supporting me through all those submissions, query letters, and general writing.

Reaction score
I've decided.

I've already promised davids that on the day I hold the first copy of my first published novel in my own hands, I'll book an appointment at the tattoo parlour to have 'PROPERTY OF DAVIDS' etched on my butt cheek.

Also, I plan to have 'I ARE WRITER' tattooed on my upper arm, and I'll watch as it heads South if/when I develop bingo wings.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I had the original Absolute Write logo tattooed on my lower back, but then they changed the logo so now my tat just looks stupid.

meldy

Instant humanJust add coffee
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing writing related yet but I do have a large dragon backpiece(European not oriental) and a dolphin on my belly.

Not sure where I would put anything writing related? Great idea though!

Reaction score
I'm going to get 'suck my girlballs' tattooed on my middle finger so Deek the Dork sees it whenever I give him one of my 'interesting' hand signals! :D

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I'm getting tats of Shakespeare, Milton, Dumas, Dickenson, and Hemingway on each knuckle so that when I beat you you'll know you were bitchslapped by a master. ;)

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
All my tats are related to my stories. (Well, all 2, though I'm in the market for a 3rd as soon as I unlazify myself and go make an appointment).

My first tattoo was kanji on my left shoulder. It reads "A godsent wind" (aka kamikaze), and it has to do with my female MC.

My second tattoo was a yin-yang wreathed in flames, over my heart. It represents my two male MCs (Azrael's body is split, light and dark...Luke is pyrokinetic).

The tattoo I'm getting soon will be across my upper back. It's a Latin phrase "Quod me nutrit me destruit" (That which nurtures me destroys me) above a trinity knot. It represents all three of the previously mentioned MCs.

My husband likes it when I get on a writing kick...it means a new tat is coming soon. ;)

Last edited: