Fossett: an aviator with nine lives. . . .

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
High-tech plane used in hunt for adventurer Fossett

[AFP - Thursday, September 6 LOS ANGELES (AFP) - - An aircraft with state-of-the-art imaging technology joined the search for aviator Steve Fossett on Wednesday, two days after a plane flown by the adventurer vanished over a rugged region of Nevada.

A squadron of planes and helicopters resumed operations over a 600-square-mile (155,000-hectare) region of mountain terrain after failing to find any trace of Fossett during searches late Monday and Tuesday.
Fossett, who has survived numerous brushes with death during a series of record-breaking solo flights around the world by balloon and airplane, has not been heard from since taking off from a private airstrip early Monday. . . .http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070906/twl-us-aviation-people-7e07afd.html

Hope he's all right.

Reaction score
Except for Anthony Hopkins in The Edge(one of my favorite movies) these things never end well.

R.I.P. SF

An adventurer to the end.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Me too. Did you see that thing on the news (last week?) where a mother and her daughter burned up in a hot-air balloon? They even had video of it. :(

OMG. How horrible.

And they're so beautiful, too.
Used to have them fly over my house when I lived out west. I had one land right outside the yard. What could they do? No wind.

Wish it had been that easy for the lady and her daughter.