AW Book Share

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody interested in sharing books? This would mean each of us is responsible for the postage to get it to the next person, and the next person is responsible for ACTUALLY PASSING IT ON and not adding it to their personal library. I'd like to share a book that is coming my way.

Is there already a bookshare in here somewhere that I haven't stumbled upon?

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
This is a nice idea Jennifer, except I’d have a problem sharing my top favorite books. When I read, I underline lines/phrases that I like and put in a journal, and if it is a favorite, it receives an old sticker on the inside of the front cover with my name. The only books I will want to share are those I’ll receive back and those I don’t like.

If there were rules regarding book sharing, I wouldn’t have a problem doing it. :Thumbs: AW members would need to state what authors and type of books they want to read. There are some authors and genres I have no desire to read.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Great idea, but I can't participate. There's a reason I have about 10 bookshelves in my house...I haven't thrown out/given away a book since I was ten. My books are like little alternate universes I hoard, flipping through them to breathe in their essences every once in awhile. Yeah...chalk one up for weirdos. I cried when I hid my first copy of The Hobbit in the bathtub (so my parents wouldn't take it), and then accidentally turned on the water before taking it out. I came out of the bathroom screaming and in tears...my mom thought I was dying.

But it is a great idea! I bet there are a bunch of normal people on here who would love to do it!

Writer14

Christina.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I can't either --considering my age: my parents would have a fit xD

anyway though, i wouldn't be able to share my books because i have a deathly fear of soemthing happening to them when my friends even go near them. Imagine some person i don't know?

xD

Still an awesome idea!

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be up for sharing... or even trading permanently if there are some you want to unload. We are moving soon, and I'm trying to whittle down the books that are coming with us (plus we've got boxes of books in storage in another state). I don't reread many books, so if i didn't find it life-changing, I'm always willing to pass it on.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I'd be up for sharing... or even trading permanently if there are some you want to unload. We are moving soon, and I'm trying to whittle down the books that are coming with us (plus we've got boxes of books in storage in another state). I don't reread many books, so if i didn't find it life-changing, I'm always willing to pass it on.
Since you are moving to Chicago, and I may have books to unload, I’ll leave them on a corner and give you clues on where to find them. :D It will be fun.

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Since you are moving to Chicago, and I may have books to unload, I’ll leave them on a corner and give you clues on where to find them. :D It will be fun.

Just tape them to the underneaths of tables in those restaurants you recommended. I'll need something to read while I eat my way down your list.