Do you lead with your head or heart?

• Total voters

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Have you ever loved someone but knew compatibility was an issue? Did you ever break off a relationship because you felt the present and future differences would never work? Do you analyze sexual relationships, or disregard signs and differences because love matters most to you?

:Shrug: Just curious.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Darn, I thought this had to do with writing. LoL. In writing, it depends on what pov I'm in. Most of my characters lead with their head, one leads 100% with his heart, and a few of them prefer to lead with a sharp, pointy object.

As for me, before I was married, it depended on my mood. If I was lonely, I led with my libido. If I was just out browsing, head. When I finally got married, heart. Luckily it was a good head choice too. ;)

I broke off several relationships because after awhile, I realized the feeling I got when I was around the guy wasn't love, but my IQ dropping 20 points. I also broke off a few because the guys were smoking weed. Yeah, I'm a stickler for any type of drug use. I don't like alcohol either. Probably has something to do with all the holes my father punched in the walls when he was drunk.

Last edited:

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
I am an extremely antalytical thinker. I'm an ENTJ, firmly in the T category, and unable to understand F's.

Um.....I'm kind of a Myers Briggs dork. Hope someone understands what I'm saying.

Ali B

Just Hanging Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alinabradford.com
Heart. My brain my put up warning bells, but always with my heart.
Hey, ToT, is this one of those, "I have a friend, and she has a problem, see. I was wondering if you could help me- I mean her," questions?

TrainofThought

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
As for me, before I was married, it depended on my mood. If I was lonely, I led with my libido. If I was just out browsing, head. When I finally got married, heart. Luckily it was a good head choice too. ;)
Very interesting. Good thing the heart thing worked out. :D

I lead with my heart but my head puts up a good argument.
As long as you don't answer back you're fine.

I am an extremely antalytical thinker. I'm an ENTJ, firmly in the T category, and unable to understand F's.

Um.....I'm kind of a Myers Briggs dork. Hope someone understands what I'm saying.
Huh? :e2hammer:

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
I did the heart thing and it left me alone a misrable. My heart is soft and forgiving and every time I try to let it lead the way it ends up even more broken than before.

So it's the head in charge now. My heart just can't take anymore.

EriRae

:P
Registered
Reaction score
If my brain's not down with it, my heart never stands a chance. Why? Because I've had my heart broken and stepped on and ripped out and slice-n-diced because I used to lead with my heart. Never again. My brain found my hubby, and I hope I'll never have to fall in love again.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Lead with your libido and give it a chance to trick the head into believing your heart was right all along. ;)

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
It's a constant argument between the two, but my head usually wins. 7 or 8 years ago the reverse was far more likely.

Libido - well, having had one partner for the last 6 years that I'm very much in love with makes that easy: of course I lead with that, whenever I get the chance. :D

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that just goes to show ya. Here I was, trying to figure out how to say it... and Silver King done did it for me.

It wouldn't matter how many times my heart has been stomped on, or how many times I've done the stomping. I can't do the rational thing, and I just don't want to. I don't see the attraction of a rational love affair.

You are sooooooo money, both of yiz.

Last edited:

TrainofThought

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
What's a libido? I think I had a libidotomy...or is that a libidomy?
When you drop the aspirin between your knees to take care of other needs. :D

It wouldn't matter how many times my heart has been stomped on, or how many times I've done the stomping. I can't do the rational thing, and I just don't want to. I don't see the attraction of a rational love affair.
The first guy willing to give his input. I was wondering how men go about it. I guess libido comes first and then the heart. ;)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The first guy willing to give his input. I was wondering how men go about it. I guess libido comes first and then the heart. ;)
Sometimes. That's a race that usually comes down to the wire. As SK said, the head usually comes along later and does the spin control. :D

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
I've mostly led with my heart. It loves without rhyme nor reason and my head tries to kick it away, but it just doesn't listen. That being said... my libido is always in the runnings... however, it usually gets kickstarted by a powerful personality... and those that make me laugh;)

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Ummm, not sure about libido first. But.. how do I put this. I do think really unusually sexually-intense relationships can confuse, in so far as it is easy for that to override and cloud all else. Lust is a damned powerful force, and pretty easy to confuse with other things such as love. Not that the two are mutually exclusive, but one can tend to lose one's head, you know?

Reaction score
Sure, my libido and heart come into play, but if my head doesn't say 'okay', then it's no go. Doesn't mean I can't be passionate, doesn't mean I can't feel, but it takes a lot for me to relax enough to let myself go. It rarely happens, and it hasn't happened in a long time. I have standards from which I won't deviate. If I compromise in certain areas it's impossible to stimulate my heart and libido; they just switch off if the circumstances aren't right.

TrainofThought

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Ummm, not sure about libido first. Not that the two are mutually exclusive, but one can tend to lose one's head, you know?
I was under the assumption that men lead with their libidos and women with their hearts. Then again, it is an assumption and I wanted to see where women and men stand when it comes to relationships.

And yeah, I know about losing one’s head in a sexually charged relationship. :D

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And yeah, I know about losing one’s head in a sexually charged relationship. :D
That's my problem with leading with the head: in my (questionable) experience, it's a lot harder to spice up a rational relationship than it is to bring the brains into a spicy one.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh its why you start off with a spicy brainy one to begin with Poet....saves time and leaves the effort for better things;)

Reaction score
That's my problem with leading with the head: in my (questionable) experience, it's a lot harder to spice up a rational relationship than it is to bring the brains into a spicy one.

Unless you hold back the other bits until you're sure your brain's among those parts stimulated too.

TrainofThought

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Being in a sexually charged relationship doesn’t mean you are thinking with your head, especially if you started leading with your libido. It’s about sex, not about whether it will work (except if they’re bad in bed). ;)