PDA

View Full Version : Looking for readers who enjoy fantasy :)

Reala
09-03-2007, 04:26 PM
The story is about a woman named ‘Mercy’, she is far more athletic and skilful in fighting / exploring than any human around in the present world. This has given her the rash and carefree attitude that is hopefully portrayed in the following text. With my writing I try not to give the reader a long and boring prologue or back story, I think these are too over used in modern fantasy novels, my personal belief is that its much more interesting have pieces of information leaked to you as you need to know it. It doesn’t matter to me that millions of years ago a great king fought another great king and now one king rules a village 200 miles away! I only really need to know that if the character visits that town and something happens that makes knowing of this battle important. I also do not like starting stories with the ‘It was a dark and gloomy night’ and then lead on to ‘the moonlight glistened off the calm sea’, it is so over used and boring! Anyway, that is about all you need to know, so I will allow you to read on from here and hopefully enjoy my story as it is, if you do have trouble reading it due to lack of information ‘I need to know!’ so please, please let me know what it is you don’t understand and why.
Email me at Marc.Aplin@gmail.com, reply or PM me here!

Many Kind Regards,

Marc Aplin

kathyhermy123
09-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi!

I love fantasy, and your story sounds really good. I'm an experienced proof-reader, though new to the site, and if you'd like, I'll give it a shot (I hate cliche's too, by the way:)). My email is kdcathome@gmail.com.

~Kathy

Reala
09-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey Kathy, I have just sent you over an email :)

Marc.Aplin@gmail.com it was sent from

asorum
09-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Marc, I'm game: harbormaster@gmail.com

True North
09-04-2007, 08:38 AM
I'd love to read it! My email is cdncountrybc@yahoo.ca