PDA

View Full Version : Beta reader needed for 4,438 word short story.

ALG71
09-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I need a beta reader for a literary/mainstream kind of short story. It's an early draft I've written in the 1st person POV of the main character. I'm mainly looking for someone to read it and see if it reads well like that or if I should switch it to 3rd Limited.

I can beta read in return of equal size or slightly larger, 10 to 12K words? Although I have to admit right now, I wouldn't be able to do heavy line editing as I wouldn't want to give bad advice. I'm still learning how to edit my own stuff and wouldn't want to steer someone wrong on their own work. But I could read in return if you're just looking for opinions on general stuff.

PM me if you're interested please or send me an IM on AIM. My SN is listed in my profile here. I'll be on most of the afternoon if you want to hear more about my project or let me know about yours before you make a decision. Thank you.

EDIT: P.S. No it's not the revised part of my WIP#1 in my signature. It's a stand alone short story. It's funny, happy and sad.

Koobie
09-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I'll read it. But I'll probably not limit myself to just POV comments, if that's all right with you. I'll PM you my e-mail (or if your story's online somewhere, you can just send me the link).

ALG71
09-01-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm not sure if I should put in the mainstream or literary section of SYW. 4,400 words is alot to read and I know some won't want to read it. But then I wouldn't have to send it around to everyone as attachments. I know how icky people think those are hehe.

Koobie
09-01-2007, 11:58 PM
I think it'd make both our lives easier if you'd just post it somewhere in SYW and then link it from here. Generally, if something's interesting enough, someone ought to read it.

ALG71
09-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Ok. Short story has been posted in the SYW forums. Mainstream threads if anyone would like to read it and comment. A simple good or bad and your opinion on 1st person/3rd person would suffice.

Thanks in advance everyone.