PDA

View Full Version : Winter is over!

Mandy-Jane
08-31-2007, 06:21 PM
It's now the 1st of September, and Winter is finally over! It's Spring!

I am so happy! :hooray:

MidnightMuse
08-31-2007, 06:23 PM
It'll be the 1st of September tomorrow and summer is finally over!

I LOVE Fall :snoopy:

:D

Bmwhtly
08-31-2007, 06:24 PM
I think all that walking upside down has damaged your brain.

Oh no, that's right, it's all different under the planet. I'm kinda glad I live on the top side.

Meerkat
08-31-2007, 06:25 PM
you guys, it's "winter, spring, summer, pride, fall," remember?

maestrowork
08-31-2007, 06:31 PM
It's Fall -- and the flies and ants are going to die soon. Wheeee!

Jean Marie
08-31-2007, 06:37 PM
It's Fall -- and the flies and ants are going to die soon. Wheeee!
Don't forget the mosquitoes and the damned yellow jackets. I got swarmed the other day, stung 4 times. It was horrible. I was walking the pups by a river, one of them got stung, too. We both had benedryl, the liquid kind.

My friend said I had 12 in my hair. I managed to get them out. Hate the useless things!

Can't wait until fall!!!!!

MidnightMuse
08-31-2007, 06:39 PM
...I got swarmed the other day, stung 4 times. It was horrible. I was walking the pups by a river, one of them got stung, too.

:eek:

I hope you're both feeling better now !

Christine N.
08-31-2007, 08:06 PM
My yard has been overrun by the 'skeeters. I can't even go outside for more than five minutes, or I'm chewed alive and have to take a Calidryl bath.

And fall is coming, I can feel my allergies acting up already.

RumpleTumbler
08-31-2007, 08:09 PM
I feel stupid saying this but try insect repellent. I spend about 15 hours a week at the dog park and it is a must have unless of course you just enjoy being covered with mosquito bites.

tjwriter
08-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Not necessarily, Rumple.

I still tout the power of garlic supplements. One per day, every day. And then one 30 minutes before you wish to go outside. Mosquitoes don't like it.

RumpleTumbler
08-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Not necessarily, Rumple.

I still tout the power of garlic supplements. One per day, every day. And then one 30 minutes before you wish to go outside. Mosquitoes don't like it.

Whatever works for you. I'm not trying to convert anybody. :)

The_Grand_Duchess
08-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh you're from upside down land.

Fall is coming. And with that my most favorite holiday. Halloween people. Halloween. I'm thinking of going to Maryland to trick or treat. Mostly because I'm thinking my mom's neighborhood has better candy.

That and I want to do my Halloween Horror Movie Spectacular! and there will be people in the house down there. And her house isn't across the street from a graveyard.

I swear my town would make the best survival horror game setting ever.

jennifer75
08-31-2007, 08:18 PM
It'll be the 1st of September tomorrow and summer is finally over!

I LOVE Fall :snoopy:

:D

Gawd, where are you? It was like a hundred and fifty last night.

MidnightMuse
08-31-2007, 08:22 PM
The Pacific Northwet :D

jennifer75
08-31-2007, 08:24 PM
the only "wet" we have is SWEAT!

Jean Marie
08-31-2007, 09:14 PM
:eek:

I hope you're both feeling better now !
My hand still hurts a bit...stung twice, there. Once on my head and once on my side.

Better, though. Thank you :)

tjwriter, I take garlic every day. The skeeters don't like it so much. They still land, but if they do bite, I just put some witch hazel on and the bites disappear. I'd rather that, than always spraying myself, y'know.

W/ the bee stings, other than the benedryl, which was totally necessary, I used ice (to bring down the swelling), then vitamin e oil to help w/ the pain/itching. It doesn't work, entirely, but it certainly helps a lot. I'm definitely allergic, now, so I'm gonna have to call my doc and get a scrip for an epi-pen.

Ken Schneider
08-31-2007, 11:19 PM

I am so happy! :hooray:

Are you nuts, or just from down under. In the later case, are you nuts?

I'm not happy your spring has come, that means my winter is on the way.

I wish it was my spring and your winter.

Anyway, thought you folks didn't like Yanktanks? They'll be coming down to holiday.

maestrowork
08-31-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm thinking of buying a winter home hut shed box in Australia.

Mandy-Jane
09-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Are you nuts, or just from down under. In the later case, are you nuts?

I'm not happy your spring has come, that means my winter is on the way.

I wish it was my spring and your winter.

Anyway, thought you folks didn't like Yanktanks? They'll be coming down to holiday.

I'm sorry, but I've had all the Winter I can take!

As for Yanktanks (never heard them called that before), I've got nothing against them. And if they boost our economy with their tourist dollars, I don't mind how many of them come here

Christine N.
09-01-2007, 02:46 AM
Oh, I have insect repellent, but then I have to take a shower every single time I want to go outside, because I have to wash off the wretched insect repellent!

I have a couple of those Off! lamps. They work pretty well, you just can't go outside the protected zone.

I've also rubbed myself with dryer sheets - the don't seem to like that either. Again, too much work for half an hour outside. I need to just spray the yard.

RumpleTumbler
09-01-2007, 02:49 AM
Oh, I have insect repellent, but then I have to take a shower every single time I want to go outside, because I have to wash off the wretched insect repellent!

That must be some stout bug spray. I think the kind I have you can put on up to 3 times a day without washing it off and it doesn't stink. :)

Jo
09-01-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm with MJ. Yay for the end of an unusually cold winter. Today was tanky weather. Gotta love it.

Thunder box?

http://www.dailywriting.net/dunny.jpg

Aka: outside dunny, loo, toilet, wc.

Ray, Queensland is the place to be in winter. Come on down!

Xx|e|ph|e|me|r|al|xX
09-01-2007, 03:24 PM

Xx| Funny, I was thinking of getting one in Iceland or Alaska. :D

I love Fall/Winter. Come on, cold! I just wish we'd get some snow. But I'm so sick of this heat! I'd rather be cold and get to wrap up and drink some hot chocolate than be hot and unable to cool off. And that means we get to turn the fireplace on, in the winter. Woo, that's nice. I wish it would be winter forever. *sighs* Yep, I'm moving to Iceland. :D LOL |xX

Nakhlasmoke
09-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Yay, spring is here too...although we don't have fall, we have something we like to call autumn ;)

And it's going to be a boiler of a summer - 1st Sept and the temp is at 28C.

Come on, thunder! Come on, rain!

Christine N.
09-01-2007, 03:58 PM
I usually use the wipes, which are convenient and easier than the spray. But they do stink. And I don't like the idea of sitting on my furniture inside when I'm covered with chemicals.

I do use the stuff if I'm going outside for a longer time, but not just for a short jaunt. Really my yard needs to be de-bugged, because my poor dog gets attacked too, and I can't spray him.

southernwriter
09-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Don't forget the mosquitoes and the damned yellow jackets. I got swarmed the other day, stung 4 times. It was horrible. I was walking the pups by a river, one of them got stung, too. We both had benedryl, the liquid kind.

My friend said I had 12 in my hair. I managed to get them out. Hate the useless things!

Can't wait until fall!!!!!

You poor thing! Next time you're stung, tape a penny over it. It takes all the pain and swelling out in about ten minutes. Works for furry friends, too.

Nakhlasmoke
09-04-2007, 09:48 AM
what's a jellow-jacket? A wasp?

I also hate mozzies. I hate that evil whine as they approach your ear and then circle your head so that you slap yourself a thousand times in the face.

Summer without mosquitos would be so much nicer.