PDA

View Full Version : What is your FAV kind of Chocolate?

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 12:51 AM
I love Kitkats, Flakes, Malteasers basically most stuff from Cadbury's (UK).

What chocolate do you endulge in?

Kevvers

scarletpeaches
08-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Oh god. I love this thread. I love you. And I love chocolate. ALL OF IT!!!

MidnightMuse
08-31-2007, 12:53 AM
Coffee Crisp (but I have to drive up to Canada to get them)

scarletpeaches
08-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Mint Aeros. Kitkats. Cadbury Flakes. Chomps, curly-wurlys, fudge bars. Twirls, Bountys (milk chocolate), Milky bars, Milky ways. Galaxy!!!

*drools*

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Oh yeah! Galaxy and minstrels (sp)

To die for!

kevvers

akiwiguy
08-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Oh God, so many choices... Luxury Flakes (the ones that are also coated in chocolate)... and if talking blocks of chocolate, for me good old peppermint.

melaniehoo
08-31-2007, 12:57 AM
Twix, kit kats, Reese's peanut butter cups, and there's a newer candy bar with pretzles that rocks! But I'm in Mexico and they don't have these here. :( Thanks for reminding me. :(

scarletpeaches
08-31-2007, 12:57 AM
Does anyone remember Vice Versas? They were like minstrels, but coated in white chocolate. And white ones, coated in milk. God, they were an orgasm in a sweety-bag, those.

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 12:58 AM
I also adore the mint chocolate such as aero and matchsticks

Kevvers

Azraelsbane
08-31-2007, 12:58 AM
Marzipan Ritter Sport, Mozartkuegeln (sp?), Kinderschokolade, Cadbury anything, Milka Kuehflecken (sp?)... Yeah, I haven't spoken/written German in about 4 months. My spelling is off. :e2paperba

Oh, and Reeses & Butterfinger...yum!

MidnightMuse
08-31-2007, 12:59 AM
I think those of you outside the US have better chocolates!

maestrowork
I gained 10 pounds just visiting this thread.

ALLWritety
Does anyone remember Vice Versas? They were like minstrels, but coated in white chocolate. And white ones, coated in milk. God, they were an orgasm in a sweety-bag, those.

Yeah I remember them.

What about white chocolate eh!! Good for the soul!
Kevvers

maestrowork

That goes without saying. When I was in Europe I had to exert intense self-control...

MidnightMuse
08-31-2007, 01:00 AM
It's probably a good thing I'm stuck here :D

scarletpeaches
08-31-2007, 01:00 AM
I also adore the mint chocolate such as aero and matchsticks

Kevvers

What are those things called that are shaped like Pringles, but are made of crunchy chocolate? They come in plain, mint and orange.

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 01:01 AM

Of course we do. The best Chocolate is from Europe!

kevvers

Ol' Fashioned Girl
08-31-2007, 01:01 AM
My fave chocolate?

The kind that's in my hand, headed for my mouth.

scarletpeaches
08-31-2007, 01:02 AM
Girl after my own heart, OFG. :D

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 01:02 AM
What are those things called that are shaped like Pringles, but are made of crunchy chocolate? They come in plain, mint and orange.

They are the matchsticks i was talking about!!!!

K

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 01:03 AM
My fave chocolate?

The kind that's in my hand, headed for my mouth.

AMEN Preach it sister!

scarletpeaches
No, they're not. I'm thinking of those things shaped like Pringles. I think Cadbury makes them. Sometimes they're in the biscuit aisle of the supermarket.

Azraelsbane
That goes without saying. When I was in Europe I had to exert intense self-control...

Self-control? What is that?

I lived in Vienna for 2 years... They fry EVERYTHING. Heh. I still miss fast food schnitzel places. And the chocolate... *drool*

:e2headban

TrainofThought
08-31-2007, 01:04 AM
Almond Roca chocolate and almond covered toffee.

scarletpeaches
08-31-2007, 01:04 AM
Snaps! That's what they're called KC. Cadbury Snaps. I can demolish a whole box in one go without even trying.

Bubastes
08-31-2007, 01:05 AM
Oooh, a thread I can contribute to! I adore dark Lindt truffles (in the black wrapper), Reeses PB cups, Coffee Crisp, Canadian Kit Kats, Cadbury Crunchie (anything by Cadbury, really), Almond Rocas, and M&Ms (any kind).

ALLWritety
Don't know then!! How long ago were these?
If more recent then I have not come across them. I ahve been in taiwan for 9 years!!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
A neurologist's ode to chocolate
by Dr. Meredith Golomb, from Stitches (December 2001)

I like chocolate, milk, and dark,
As cookies, brownies, cakes, and bark,
And I've searched Medline just to find
How chocolate helps the heart and mind.
Its flavenoids, high concentration,
May prevent bad oxidation.
And some polyphenols act
To inflammation counteract --
They may some active platelets soothe
To make disordered blood run smooth.
Thus, some say (And do not joke)
That chocolate may prevent a stroke.
Do not forget -- relief from stress
A dose of chocolate may address:
A phenyethylamine high
Will make your flagging spirits fly.
Caffeine with theobromine may
Brighten up a dark, sad day.
Should I question funding now
Of this research? I see how
The grantors -- Hershey, Nestle, Mars --
All produce nice chocolate bars.
Will chocolate truly fine health bring?
Who cares? It makes my neurons sing!

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 01:06 AM
Snaps! That's what they're called KC. Cadbury Snaps. I can demolish a whole box in one go without even trying.

I think that these were after my leaving since i still don't know these!
K

scarletpeaches
08-31-2007, 01:07 AM
Don't know then!! How long ago were these?
If more recent then I have not come across them. I ahve been in taiwan for 9 years!!

They're out now and have been for a few years.

Ah, Cadbury. I once wrote to them complaining about the level of chocolate on their 'Animal' biscuit bites, and I got a letter back with a scientific explanation that the chocolate is now smooth rather than ridged, so give the appearance of less chocolate but the recipe and amount hasn't changed.

And 3 in vouchers for free biscuits, bless their chocolate socks.:D

MidnightMuse
08-31-2007, 01:07 AM
Almond Roca chocolate and almond covered toffee.

Mmmmm, aka: Kitty Litter Surprise :D

TrainofThought
08-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Mmmmm, aka: Kitty Litter Surprise :DThanks. You just ruined my FAVORITE sugar indulgence. :(

maestrowork
08-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Almond Roca – chocolate and almond covered toffee.

MMMM....

Guylian chocolates, especially the ones with hazelnut fillings.

Cadbury is always a convenient favorite.

TrainofThought
08-31-2007, 01:11 AM
MMMM....

Guylian chocolates, especially the ones with hazelnut fillings.Now I have to buy Almond Roca and... Do you know where I can get Guylian chocolates? I never heard of them.

Susie
08-31-2007, 01:12 AM
I knew I smelled chocolate. My favs is Dove milk chocolate and any kind I can get my pudgy hands on.:)

Bubastes
08-31-2007, 01:12 AM
Oh, I forgot to add Ferrero Rocher to the list.

jennifer75
08-31-2007, 01:13 AM
I absolutely love Mounds. Not Almond Joy, don't like wasting my time chewing, I just want to inhale the chocolaty coconut.

Other than that, Snickers Bars and Caramellos rock.

Anything filled with gooey-caramel or coconut.

MidnightMuse
08-31-2007, 01:14 AM
Thanks. You just ruined my FAVORITE sugar indulgence. :(

:e2file:
But I bet if I sent you a cannister of them, you'd eat 'em !

jennifer75
08-31-2007, 01:15 AM
Cadbury anything

Last Halloween I found mini caramel filled cadbury eggs...they totally rocked! Mini, yet I still bit them in half and sucked the caramel out.

jennifer75
08-31-2007, 01:16 AM
Oh, I forgot to add Ferrero Rocher to the list.

those are pretty rockin'.

maestrowork
08-31-2007, 01:17 AM
Now I have to buy Almond Roca and... Do you know where I can get Guylian chocolates? I never heard of them.

Gourmet chocolate/candy stores with imported chocolates. I've only seen it around here once. In bigger cities like New York, you can find them in larger stores or specialty boutiques. I first had them in Belgium and just loved their rich taste.

TrainofThought
:e2file:
But I bet if I sent you a cannister of them, you'd eat 'em !I bet if you sent me a cannister of them, I'd not only eat them, but pay you double for gratification. :snoopy:

maestrowork
those are pretty rockin'.

And extremely fattening. If only they sold them in a box of 1.

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 01:18 AM
OH now we are talking!! Cadbury's mini eggs UK version as the American version suck as they are done by Hersey's! YUCK!

Mini eggs are just brill. I love em. Every easter time i send orders to the UK to send Cadbury's mini eggs over to Taiwan. I will except no other ONLY Cadbury's mini eggs will do.
K

jennifer75
08-31-2007, 01:19 AM
And extremely fattening. If only they sold them in a box of 1.
They come in 3's at Target. lol. I love Target. Lets start a Target thread.....did I just hijack again?

scarletpeaches
08-31-2007, 01:20 AM
I found a shop in town today that sells chocolate-scented candles, and I bought myself a chocolate bath-bomb (the ladies will know what they are).

MidnightMuse
08-31-2007, 01:21 AM
OH now we are talking!! Cadbury's mini eggs UK version as the American version suck as they are done by Hersey's! YUCK!

Mini eggs are just brill. I love em. Every easter time i send orders to the UK to send Cadbury's mini eggs over to Taiwan. I will except no other ONLY Cadbury's mini eggs will do.
K

Oh God, wait . . . how are yours different? I would KILL to be able to eat the mini eggs again, but too much milk chocolate has a -- detrimental effect -- on me.

jennifer75
08-31-2007, 01:22 AM
I found a shop in town today that sells chocolate-scented candles, and I bought myself a chocolate bath-bomb (the ladies will know what they are).

Are those the things that fizzle when you drop then in the water?

I used a box of those in one sitting once completely not knowing what may, can and would happen....can anyone say itchy?

maestrowork
08-31-2007, 01:23 AM
They come in 3's at Target. lol. I love Target. Lets start a Target thread.....did I just hijack again?

Target is a chocolate-loving dieter's nightmare. They don't just have the crappy stuff you find in Kroger's, but good stuff. Imported stuff. In-nice-boxes-so-you-buy-for-your-girlfriend-and-end-up-eating-the-whole-box-yourself-so-you-will-have-to-go-out-and-buy-it-again good stuff.

I think I just killed the hyphen.

scarletpeaches
08-31-2007, 01:25 AM
Are those the things that fizzle when you drop then in the water?

I used a box of those in one sitting once completely not knowing what may, can and would happen....can anyone say itchy?

The one I bought has two halves - one white chocolate, one milk. I'm not sure whether to use the whole thing at once, or just one half. It smells beyond divine.

Oh, and another tip - use cocoa butter body lotion after a bath or shower. You'll want to eat yourself.

If I could do that I'd never leave the house. :D

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 01:26 AM
Oh God, wait . . . how are yours different? I would KILL to be able to eat the mini eggs again, but too much milk chocolate has a -- detrimental effect -- on me.

Not sure how may be a different recipe or something but the UK and the US Cadbury's mini eggs are vastly different. Maybe I can organise to have some sent over to you at easter time. In the UK the Cadbury mini eggs only come out for a few months over easter then they are gone until the following year! Well that's how they use to be!!!!

Kevvers

MidnightMuse
08-31-2007, 01:26 AM
I use cocoa butter lotion on a surgery scar - makes me smell like cocoa puffs :D

MidnightMuse
08-31-2007, 01:27 AM
Not sure how may be a different recipe or something but the UK and the US Cadbury's mini eggs are vastly different. Maybe I can organise to have some sent over to you at easter time. In the UK the Cadbury mini eggs only come out for a few months over easter then they are gone until the following year! Well that's how they use to be!!!!

Kevvers

I'm pretty sure I'd love you forever :D

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 01:28 AM
BTW way I wrote an article (Which I still need to alter) about being covered in Chocolate. It is called "Smothered in Chocolate" posted in SYW non fiction a while ago!!

Kevvers

scarletpeaches
08-31-2007, 01:29 AM
Shouldn't it be posted in the erotica forum?

jennifer75
08-31-2007, 01:29 AM
The one I bought has two halves - one white chocolate, one milk. I'm not sure whether to use the whole thing at once, or just one half. It smells beyond divine.

Oh, and another tip - use cocoa butter body lotion after a bath or shower. You'll want to eat yourself.

If I could do that I'd never leave the house. :D

lol.....

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 01:30 AM
Shouldn't it be posted in the erotica forum?

I am sure it should!!

jennifer75
08-31-2007, 01:31 AM
Last Halloween I found mini caramel filled cadbury eggs...they totally rocked! Mini, yet I still bit them in half and sucked the caramel out.

I meant Easter. I'm just so excited for Fall I can't stop thinking about Halloween.

We're in a heatwave...

2PM LIVE VIDEO: Power Emergencies Expected At 2PM, 4PM Large energy consumers may be asked to cut power by 4 p.m. Thursday because of a statewide heat wave.

ALLWritety
08-31-2007, 01:41 AM
OK you Chocolics I have to go and sleep now. I am going to dream all about the delightful chocolate. YUM!

Catch ya later
Kevvers

sunna
08-31-2007, 01:46 AM
Lindt white chocolate truffle eggs, 1000 Grand candy bars, anything at all made by Milka, and ColdStone dark or white chocolate ice cream.

Dammit, I'm hungry now.

Devil Ledbetter
08-31-2007, 01:48 AM
At least 70% dark, with coffee nibs. Nibby bar. Mmmmmmmmmm.

Lady Esther
08-31-2007, 01:52 AM
I love all chocolate, but Milk Duds, Kit-kats, Butterfinger, Reeses Pieces... Mmmm.

MattW
08-31-2007, 02:12 AM
The big Kit-Kat is great, but it would be better if it were big enough to choke a horse.

JLCwrites
08-31-2007, 04:46 AM
BEST CHOCOLATE EVER!
http://www.chuaochocolatier.com
The only thing I miss about living in San Diego!
Even the hot chocolate is like drinking a melted chocolate bar.
If you are ever in SD. Look them up.

Pat~
08-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Toblerone. If you haven't tasted it, you haven't lived. We put one in our kids' stockings each year.

I've also been known to occasionally succumb to the temptation of (dark) chocolate covered cherries and Twix.

oswann
08-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Amadei's Chuao is the world's best chocolate. All of the chocolate you are talking about is industrial tripe compared to this. The Tessieri's (brother and sister) make chocolate about 40 kms from Florence and are considered the best chocolate makers in the world. It will cost you about a 100 bucks for them to ship you some but you will never eat any of that Target crap again. Life is too short.

Os.

RedandGold
08-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Any kind of chocolate that belongs to me!

Bubastes
08-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Toblerone. If you haven't tasted it, you haven't lived. We put one in our kids' stockings each year.

Oh darn, I can't believe I left Toblerone off my list! The ones in the black packaging are to die for (although I love all of them).

Azraelsbane
08-31-2007, 05:52 PM
The big Kit-Kat is great, but it would be better if it were big enough to choke a horse.

My husband hates kit-kat, but loves Kit-Kat Chunky (which you can't get here in the states...at least not that I've found). So every time I fly over to Europe I bring him back a bag full of Kit-Kat Chunkys...but he eats them 10 in a day! Ugh! All that lugging and making sure they don't melt, and he eats them in one sitting. No idea how that guy is skinny as a frickin' rail!

Oh, and another thing...what is up with American Milky Way? They are HORRIBLE and totally different than the Milky Ways in Europe. Those are something I miss, the hubby too, as Milky Way was his fav candy bar back home in Vienna.

Azraelsbane
08-31-2007, 05:56 PM

I've also been known to occasionally succumb to the temptation of (dark) chocolate covered cherries and Twix.

I was working Donau Insel Fest in Vienna one year, and they had a Toblerone booth with the Toblerone motorcycle! That thing rocks! Triangle wheels!! I was so excited. I took a pic and sent it to my parents. Their response: "Um...but it won't go anywhere with wheels like that.":e2smack:

My dad lived in Germany for two years... He should have known better.

OddButInteresting
08-31-2007, 08:32 PM
As fellow chocolate-eaters, please confirm this for me. There is such a thing as "chocolate addiction", right? My housemates told me I was talking bollocks (after blaming them for driving me toward chocolate-eating); but I swear to you, there are times when I really need it.

I've recently taken a fancy to dark chocolate, as it's supposedly good for your heart in small amounts. Usually I'll buy Kit Kat Chunkies and Snickers bars. Toffee Crisp and Lion also hit the spot. And A-effin'-men to Mini Eggs and Creme Eggs!

I've cut down lately though. Partly due to the cost, partly due to the strain it may put on my health in the not-too-distant future. Chocolate digestives and those Tunnocks Caramel Wafer bars are pretty cheap (Avg. 70p per pack), sufficiently filling, packed with a good amount of fibre to justify a binge, and also constaining just enough sugar-based nourishment to keep me happy.

And by the way, I HATE posh chocolates. One of my housemates is part of this chocolate tasting club, and for 30 quid a month or something ridiculous they send him a tray of the latest delicacies in the mail. He's not keen on booze so he let me try a rum truffle. I could barely taste the rum, and couldn't really taste the chocolate at all, despite it being 60-70% cocoa. It was just... bland.

C.bronco
08-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Godivas and more Godivas :)

maestrowork
08-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Have you tried the new Godiva chocolate drinks? They're going to give Starbucks a run for their money.

Ray, a self-proclaimed mocha frap addict

C.bronco
08-31-2007, 08:40 PM
No I haven't tried them. Do they only have them at Godiva stores?

maestrowork
08-31-2007, 08:41 PM
No I haven't tried them. Do they only have them at Godiva stores?

As far as I know, only select Godiva stores now.

davids
08-31-2007, 08:47 PM
See Angelinity's post in The Silly Friday thread!!

Nakhlasmoke
08-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Mmm. I'm a sucker for dark chocolate.

I love fry's peppermint cream, chocolate oranges, and Peppermint Crisp, which is the bomb and I think you can only get in South Africa. Seriously, if you can find an SA stockist who can get you Peppermint Crisps....buy!

jennifer75
08-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Godivas and more Godivas :)

ooooooooooh I completely overlooked Godiva. Oh yummy. They have one truffle filled with a coffee type of thing.....so good.

Azraelsbane
08-31-2007, 09:10 PM
As far as I know, only select Godiva stores now.

Really? I thought I saw them elsewhere (like Target or something...). However, it is quite possible that I'm talking out my ass. Carry on. ;)

ALLWritety
09-02-2007, 10:16 PM
A friend has just returned from the UK with detailed instructions to BRING BACK CHOCOLATE!!

They totally forgot!!!!!!

I am still stuck with the Taiwanese excuse for chocolate!

Oh Well - I will survive!

Kevvers

Nakhlasmoke
09-03-2007, 10:39 AM
What's the deal with Taiwanese chocolate? Does it taste funny?

A friend of mine went to America and brought back chocolate, then she watched my face, laughing, as the the aftertaste hit me. Why is there a weird vomity aftertaste in American chocolate?

ALLWritety
09-03-2007, 01:12 PM
What's the deal with Taiwanese chocolate? Does it taste funny?

A friend of mine went to America and brought back chocolate, then she watched my face, laughing, as the the aftertaste hit me. Why is there a weird vomity aftertaste in American chocolate?

Taiwanese is like eating wax. It is chocolate colored but IT IS NOT EVEN REMOTELY AKIN TO CHOCOLATE!!!

As a note I don't really like American choclate either. Like you said the taste & after taste YUCK!!!!!

Kevvers