PDA

View Full Version : Book Length/Emailing

sgunelius
08-30-2007, 07:12 PM
How do you email a book at 300 or so pages to your agent/publisher? Do you separate it into separate, smaller Word files or just email one big file?

SHBueche
08-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Check out: yousendit.com where you can send large files, all in one piece. There is a free trial, but of course they'd like you to join their services.

Marlys
08-30-2007, 07:54 PM
How do you email a book at 300 or so pages to your agent/publisher? Do you separate it into separate, smaller Word files or just email one big file?
One file works fine. Text files are relatively small--the attachment limit for both Hotmail and Yahoo email accounts, for instance, is 10MB. Even a 200,000-word document (over 650 pages) comes in at about 1.5MB.

Stijn Hommes
08-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Yes, send it in one file. You don't want to drag an agent or editor out of the story because they need to find the next part of the manuscript.

Sunnyside
08-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Agree with all of the above, and would add that if you can compress it into a single pdf file as well, all the better -- then you don't have to worry about formatting differences between computers and word processors and so on. It will look the way you wanted it to.

Of course, if you want your agent/editor to be able to do more than merely READ your stuff, though, then forget what I just said....

mamawriter
09-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Hi Tripletsmom!

I'd ask your agent/publisher what s/he prefers -- when I sent my mss to my agent she wanted one file, but when it went to the publisher she wanted each chapter saved as a separate file.

Hope that helps!

Prevostprincess
09-04-2007, 03:08 AM
I would certainly agree that you should ask what the agent's/editor's preference is. My agent got my entire 89 page (groan) proposal in one doc. But, my editor's been getting each chpt in separate docs.