Small Press Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NemoBook

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.TheInstrumentMovie.com
I live in San Francisco, but my illustrator lives in Baltimore, and I've been thinking of attending Small Press Expo this year in Bethesda, MD. I'm looking at it as an opportunity to pitch a sample proposal for a new graphic novel I'm working on, and if it's not a great venue to meet publishers and try to get deals made, I might skip it and wait for WonderCon...

Anyone have experience with SPX?

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Yes.

It's 99.9% self-publishers at the show. It's a great deal of fun to go to and visit with others small pressers, but if you're hoping to "find a publisher", you really should have gone to the NY ComiCon or the SD ComiCon.

NemoBook

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, I went to San Diego as well as APE and WonderCon here in SF last year. Was going to wait on this year's WonderCon rather than making the trek out to the east coast, so you've convinced me that's the right way to go.

NemoBook

Registered
Reaction score
Website
He does indeed live in Baltimore, but if you think I'm sharing him you're crazy... :)

He's actually still an undergraduate, although moving up very quickly. He's busy as hell right now, balancing schoolwork with these freelance things, and we just worked out a deal where he's getting school credit for working on my project, which is very cool. He's got a long list of people who want to work with him, but I'll let him know that you might be interested...

Status
Not open for further replies.