Does 1500 new words count as a birthday present to myself?

ajkjd01

I just have to be faster.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.addiejking.wordpress.com
Today is my birthday and I've been racing around at work all day, but I got an awesome hour long uninterrupted lunch hour...and churned out 1500 happy fun new words on my novel...and added an awesome twist that I'd played around with but never really got inserted in the book....someone's stalking my main character! AWESOME!

Okay is it sick and twisted that I consider this a fun birthday present to myself?

ajkjd01

I just have to be faster.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.addiejking.wordpress.com
Can I just say that it was awesome to get a birthday email message from this board as well? Thanks guys!

I know I'm going out to dinner with the 'rents tonight and they're gonna smile and nod and think I've gone off the deep end again when I tell them how great my birthday was that I got a chance to get so much writing in, and in a place I needed it in my book.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Can I just say that it was awesome to get a birthday email message from this board as well? Thanks guys!

I know I'm going out to dinner with the 'rents tonight and they're gonna smile and nod and think I've gone off the deep end again when I tell them how great my birthday was that I got a chance to get so much writing in, and in a place I needed it in my book.

Heh. I know that "off the deep end" look. Don't worry, we all get it.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday. Sounds a cool present to me!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score

I know!!! Wasn't that totally unexpectedly wonderful!? I was like, man, they care!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
... when I tell them how great my birthday was that I got a chance to get so much writing in, and in a place I needed it in my book.

I smile like an idiot when I get even 500 words down. :)

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Sure, words count as a birthday present. For the last couple of years, I've finished NaNoWriMo on my birthday.

So Happy Birthday, and good luck on the rest of your novel!

:Cake:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy-happy birthday! :Cake:

I'd say that you've more than made your 500 word goal. Enjoy your evening with the 'rents!

At least you can come here where people get how cool a productive writing day is.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, akkadakka (did I pronounce it right?) -- hang around another year and let us make a fuss over you next time.

Congratulations on the writing! I wrote, um, sixteen words yesterday, and they didn't even go together very well. (And yes, it DOES make a difference in poems, wiseguys.)

Tracy

Registered
Reaction score
A) Congratulations on the 1500 words! And the cool twist.

B) Happy Birthday.