When you are sad...

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
What do you buy for yourself when you feel sad? For me, it's books and pyjamas. Today is my wedding anniversary (thank you) which my dog of a husband forgot. So, this afternoon I bought myself a brand new novel. If I don't feel happier tomorrow, I suspect I might have to get myself a new set of PJs. You?

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
I don't buy stuff when I'm sad. But new albums and also candy are nice. Sorry your husband forgot...

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
What book did you buy?

PS.....kick the dog in the nads.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I don't buy anything when I'm sad. I hate shopping, so to go shopping would make me even sadder.

If I must buy something, probably would be DVDs... probably a happy movie so I can laugh and make myself feel a bit better.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
What do you buy for yourself when you feel sad? For me, it's books and pyjamas. Today is my wedding anniversary (thank you) which my dog of a husband forgot. So, this afternoon I bought myself a brand new novel. If I don't feel happier tomorrow, I suspect I might have to get myself a new set of PJs. You?

OH and I usually shop when I've had it too. The last time I shopped and didnt care about the repercussions, I bought a new bra. I do that when I really deserve a treat. Cause you know, they cost like a hundred bucks at VS. :)

Or a book or two or three. :)

Melisande

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Sorry your husband forgot...
I don't buy anything when I am sad. I usually pick up the phone and call someone, or clean the house. I can't write when I'm sad.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Yes, what book?

And we got married on March 15th so neither of us would forget the Ides of March.
Preventive solution - and it's worked for 29 years.

PS - I am so sorry he forgot. Does he even know how much this hurt you?

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I also write when I'm sad. Misery makes for great prose, I've found. My husband was on a business trip for our anniversary last week, and I got about 5K written that day, surprisingly none of it purple. Or I buy a book, or a DVD, something I can get lost in for a while, and curl up on the couch. I don't usually cry, as that just gives me a headache and pisses me off.

The kicking thing also works. Nothing like spreading the pain to lessen it. :)

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I bought Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I wasn't quite sad enough to buy a hard cover. Besides, he just got home from work bearing a necklace and a reservation at a fancy restaurant. His dog house just moved one foot closer to the house.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I bought Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I wasn't quite sad enough to buy a hard cover. Besides, he just got home from work bearing a necklace and a reservation at a fancy restaurant. His dog house just moved one foot closer to the house.

That's better. But don't settle. Hold out for a foot rub and a task of some unspecified nature, to be performed later in the evening.

Enjoy dinner!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
And we got married on March 15th so neither of us would forget the Ides of March.
Preventive solution - and it's worked for 29 years.

Ha, that's funny. We got married on March 11, which everyone THINKS is the Ides of March. After the invitations went out I had to field several months of "BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH" by saying, "It's the FIFTEENTH!"

About the anniversary, sorry he forgot, but why didn't you remind him? It seems like you would have discussed plans in advance. My husband doesn't even know what MONTH this is. He never remembers his parents' birthdays. He only remembers my birthday because it's two days before Christmas. ;)

But I guess we're not ones for celebrating days. I don't know why, it's just never been that important to either of us. A couple of years ago we did nothing for Valentine's day. I think he got me some flowers. I told him, I guess I don't feel compelled to do something on Valentine's day because I feel so loved every day. And yes, you are now free to go off and puke. :)

ETA: I guess what I'm getting at is, I don't understand why we, as women, have to look at every "special day" as a test of our man's love depending on how well he performs. If he loves you, he loves you, and what's the day got to do with that?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Oh yes, and as for what I buy... hm. I usually get myself a Starbuck's mocha, which requires a mortgage these days.