Should I chop my hair off?

Should I chop my hair off?

• No way! Keep it long and straight.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Play it safe; get it layered at your jawline.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • CHOP AWAY!

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
My hair is currently long and straight and fine (as in not thick). In the past I have done layered cuts between my jawline and shoulder, and my hair is surprisingly curly/wavy when it's shorter and layered. Right now I'm contemplating going REALLY short, almost a boy cut but feathered down at the neck.

I have a super long neck and a oval/squarish face. In the past I've been told by stylists that I'm one of those people who could pull off any haircut.

Whaddaya think? Should I go for it?

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
ask the guy in your avatar pic!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
ask the guy in your avatar pic!

LOL. The problem with "the guy" in my avatar pic is that he hates change. So he's NEVER in favor of getting a haircut at all... but after I do it, and he gets used to it, he'll love it and want me to stay like THAT forever. So he's no good for recommendations. :)

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
I think you should go for it! It'll grow back if you don't like it. I'm one who likes change a lot. I cut over 8 inches off of mine last spring.

acharity

fantabulous!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, ask him! :) I used to have really long hair (down past me bum!) and it, too, is very fine. Cutting it short with layers was the best thing I could've done ^^ It not only looks thicker, but it's way healthier! Though I couldn't get away with the short style that you're asking about... but you might be able to! :)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I put down 'keep it long and straight'.

But the caveat is:

Unless you are planning to donate it to 'Locks of Love'. Then cut it with my blessing and I'll send you the biggest hug I can!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I put down 'keep it long and straight'.

But the caveat is:

Unless you are planning to donate it to 'Locks of Love'. Then cut it with my blessing and I'll send you the biggest hug I can!

Actually I did this the last time I cut my hair. My buddy is a hairdresser and she gives you a free haircut if you send it to them. I'm not sure my hair is long enough this time, but if I cut it really short I might be able to get 11 inches out of it. :)

And yeah... I'm being tempted to chop off the hair because of management issues. I am sick and tired of shedding constantly and finding my long hair EVERYWHERE. Ugh.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Pictures, perhaps?

I've had short hair forever, but I'm growing it out now.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Okay, I have temporarily changed my avatar to show you guys my hair. (After I decide to cut it I'll give everyone a break from looking at my adorable husband and switch back to Sherlock. ;))

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I had long hair my whole life until two years ago........menopause struck. I chopped it all off into a boy cut and love it. I never was one to fix my hair up in anything other than a ponytail so short suited me great. As mentioned before it will grow back if you cut if off. As pretty as you look I'm sure you will look great no matter what style you choose.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh I did that. On a whim. And it lasted for a while. It's a real pain in the ass to maintain actually because when you cut it that short, you have to keep it that short or it will not do anything the way you want it to. So, don't expect to get out of those trims and upkeep, because you'll find yourself desiring to trim here and there more often than usual. You'll see what I mean, specially if you love the results of the first cut.

And, actually you may want to go a little before your second (first) trim because discovering which length works for you will be necessary.

What's fun is pomade. Oh I love pomade. You can get sooooooooooo creative with it. Try all the brands you can. But I preferred MUDD, though it got a little messy.

Have fun. Oh and if you don't like the results, the growing out process is a reaaaaaaaaaaaal pain in the arse. So be prepared.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
short hair's cool. You should wait and audition for some movie role that involves the female lead shaving her head on screen and use your desire for short hair to propel you into the cover of every cheesy tabloid in the country.

:D

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
The stylists are right; you'd have no problem pulling off a short cut. I think it would look cute.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
And yeah... I'm being tempted to chop off the hair because of management issues. I am sick and tired of shedding constantly and finding my long hair EVERYWHERE. Ugh.

Um.

FORNICATE management!

My hair hangs at or below my shoulder blades. The last manager who told me it wasn't professional is probably still restocking patterns at the fabric store.

It's your hair and if you want a cute short style, a long flowing style or purple and red streaks...it is job performance not looks.

shhhh...I'm not supposed to be on line now....

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Okay peoples, I have my appointment. Tomorrow at 2 PM, it's all coming off. I'll post a photo and you can see if I made the right choice. If I'm crying in the picture, that means I hate it. :)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay peoples, I have my appointment. Tomorrow at 2 PM, it's all coming off. I'll post a photo and you can see if I made the right choice. If I'm crying in the picture, that means I hate it. :)

I'm going tomorrow at 3.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I'm going tomorrow at 3.

We're all chopping off our hair!!! What was funny was that I went in and the stylist (also a good friend) said, "Well, what do you want?" When I told her I wanted it all off, she was like, "Wow, that's weird... tomorrow I'm getting all of my hair cut off, too!"