PDA

View Full Version : Good sign or Bad sign

BrookieCookie777
08-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi guys. My agent and I got our first rejection last week. The other places are still holding onto the manuscripts. Is this a good sign or a bad sign? We submitted the series ( 10 children's manuscripts ) a month and a half ago.

Thanks for all your help - I honestly would be lost without you guys!

Cathy C
08-27-2007, 08:42 PM
It's a neutral sign, considering the time of year. Remember that August is the most widely used "vacation" month in publishing. I'm guessing that they're holding onto them until everybody's back from vacation and business is back to normal, so they can read it and then talk with whoever in the office they need to talk to in order to make a decision. Hang in there. Don't start to be concerned until early October, IMO. :) September's "catch-up" month after the summer, so it could take a few weeks to get to it.

BrookieCookie777
08-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks so much Cathy. I've heard of that dreaded time of year that some like to take vacation . . . I didn't realize it was August - so that makes me feel a little better. Funny . . . I feel almost exactly like I did when I was nine months pregnant and waiting impatiently for my babies to arrive! =)

Thanks for your help. God bless!