PDA

View Full Version : School starts tomorrow. :(

Shady Lane
08-27-2007, 07:57 PM
So no longer will you be humored by my posts in the middle of the day.

:cry:

In lieu of flowers, please send me all your high school diplomas and maybe it will help me get out of this.

jennifer75
08-27-2007, 08:00 PM
So no longer will you be humored by my posts in the middle of the day.

So what you're saying is you'll actually be accomplishing something!!! Unlike me. And many others I'm sure. :) Congratulations!

It will be over soon, don't worry. Then you can get a job.

Azraelsbane
08-27-2007, 08:04 PM
In lieu of flowers, please send me all your high school diplomas and maybe it will help me get out of this.

Want my B.A. too? I can send you photocopies. :tongue LoL.

Joe270
08-27-2007, 08:04 PM
The first day of freedom, uh, I mean school.

Yes, I will get much more done, if I can drag my butt away from AW.

Siddow
08-27-2007, 08:07 PM
I thought a kid like you would love school. Huh.

Azraelsbane
08-27-2007, 08:11 PM
I always loved school, because it got me away from my parents. Summers were terrifying.

Lyra Jean
08-27-2007, 08:28 PM
I start school tomorrow as well. Earning my BA. Now if they will only tell me where my second class is I'll be happy.

The_Grand_Duchess
08-27-2007, 08:34 PM
My highschool diploma is awesome. It's from Bangkok. Beat that.

School starts for me too tomorrow. Woohoo getting raped on the price of text books. . .

Joe270
08-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Buy 'em used, that way all the important stuff is already high-lighted.

III
08-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Just think, some day you'll be all grown up and have a full-time job then you get to miss EVERY Summer Vacation.

C.bronco
08-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Unless you go into education, like me. I'm not looking forward to school starting either. I like hanging out with my son all day.
:(

The_Grand_Duchess
08-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Buy 'em used, that way all the important stuff is already high-lighted.

That's how I got through the first year of college. I drank waaaaay to much. If not for prehilighted books I would have gotten nothing done.

That's not true. I did drink too much but I'm brilliant. I didn't need my reserch done for me. But it was nice.

Shady Lane
08-28-2007, 06:26 AM
I thought a kid like you would love school. Huh.

Ancient history? AP Statistics? AP Spanish? I just had to read a 350 page book on 14th century Italian mercenaries. Chorus is fun, but besides that? It's eight hours I could use writing.

Show me a sixteen year old girl who liked high school, I'll show you....

I can't even complete that sentence.

Soccer Mom
08-28-2007, 06:29 AM
I liked high school. I had a really good time.

Not everyday, sure.

But I liked it.

Soccer Mom. Official Dork of Absolute Write.

acharity
08-28-2007, 06:30 AM
*pat* I start on the 6th... I feel your pain *wail* the only difference is that I have to pay upwards of $6000 a year just to attend the damn classes

-_-

Danger Jane
08-28-2007, 06:31 AM
did you finish your summerwork?

:D

JoNightshade
08-28-2007, 06:32 AM
I actually liked high school. Mostly. The best year was my senior year.

But now that I'm out of school, for good, even contemplating going back makes me want to puke! Haha, you all have to go to school and I don't! Suckers! ;)

acharity
08-28-2007, 06:34 AM
>: sure, rub it in! summer work? >.> *snorts*

Danger Jane
08-28-2007, 06:34 AM
it's not so bad once you realize that you really only need to do like 75% of the work to get an A...the other 25% is just making the teacher think you're awesome.

acharity
08-28-2007, 06:35 AM
In highschool or uni?? Uni isn't so different... a lot more freedom but a giant pain in the ass to wake up since no one really cares if you show up.

JoNightshade
08-28-2007, 06:36 AM
it's not so bad once you realize that you really only need to do like 75% of the work to get an A...the other 25% is just making the teacher think you're awesome.

I always did the "turn in something that's completely not the assignment but really cool" thing. It worked in art and English. Math, not so much. ;)

acharity
08-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Math is my nemesis *hunches shoulders*

Just Mike
08-28-2007, 06:45 AM
Buncha whiners.

The youth of today, grumble, grumble.

Don't know the value of a proper edu . . . eduka . . . book larnin'. Grumble, Grumble.

Danger Jane
08-28-2007, 06:50 AM
High school. I don't know what I'll do in college, man. Fail I guess.

I turn in the assignment but slightly not the right thing not on purpose, mostly, but because I comprehend it COMPLETELY WRONG. The teacher usually loves it but I used to get embarrassed about it. I don't really care anymore.

Math, nothing could possibly save me. So I quit.

Shady Lane
08-28-2007, 06:54 AM
did you finish your summerwork?

:D

I DID!! Can you even believe it?

I do NO work in high school. I sleep through my classes. My grades are PERFECT. My teachers love me. I honestly don't know how I do it.

Siddow
08-28-2007, 06:59 AM
Show me a sixteen year old girl who liked high school, I'll show you....

I can't even complete that sentence.

I loved high school! Especially at sixteen (my junior year). By then, I'd already completed my math, science, and history requirements (it really pays to load up those first two years with required courses), figured out that I only had to go for two straight weeks per semester and then I could take one day off per week without going into auto-fail, and I qualified for Diversified Cooperative Training, which meant I got out at noon anyway--to go to my job, which started at 5pm--and I only had to finish my English requirements and fill the rest of my schedule with electives. I elected to take more English classes. Bwa-ha-ha!

Class of '88 ROCKED!!!

I was a total slacker. That's why I loved high school. I learned more on those days off than I ever did in school.

It may help you enjoy it more if you tell yourself, "I chose this."

Danger Jane
08-28-2007, 06:59 AM
No, I can't, and I'm pissed because I have like another week and I won't finish mine, no way. It sucks. Like last year I could at least watch the movie (or the first and last 45 min) for Malcolm X.

It's allllll about charisma :D

Danger Jane
08-28-2007, 07:01 AM
I loved high school! Especially at sixteen (my junior year). By then, I'd already completed my math, science, and history requirements (it really pays to load up those first two years with required courses), figured out that I only had to go for two straight weeks per semester and then I could take one day off per week without going into auto-fail, and I qualified for Diversified Cooperative Training, which meant I got out at noon anyway--to go to my job, which started at 5pm--and I only had to finish my English requirements and fill the rest of my schedule with electives. I elected to take more English classes. Bwa-ha-ha!

Class of '88 ROCKED!!!

I was a total slacker. That's why I loved high school. I learned more on those days off than I ever did in school.

It may help you enjoy it more if you tell yourself, "I chose this."

I'm doing all classes I wanted and have been looking forward to all through high school. That's why I'm not concerned, mainly. No math, no chemistry, no physics. My only APs are latin, english, euro, and studio art. The rest are blissful electives.

If I get really lucky, my electives will be orchestra plus gym and music tech II for first semester :D

acharity
08-28-2007, 07:02 AM
High school. I don't know what I'll do in college, man. Fail I guess.

I turn in the assignment but slightly not the right thing not on purpose, mostly, but because I comprehend it COMPLETELY WRONG. The teacher usually loves it but I used to get embarrassed about it. I don't really care anymore.

Math, nothing could possibly save me. So I quit.

Ne, you'll be fine in college/uni. It isn't really different which is something that was disappointing to me in my first year. Just ask a ton of questions for each assignment ^^ for post-secondary, I mean.

And math... ugh. I gave up after the mandatory credits were completed.

Azraelsbane
08-28-2007, 07:13 AM
College is 99% BS. I excelled. :) My profs actually had me read some of my papers in class (sometimes by student demand, lol). I wrote the craziest crap that was "fancy."

I remember I did this paper on Ingeborg Bachmann's Malina. The book is written in a really disjointed manner, so I thought- Hey! I'll write my paper the same way. I wrote a 10 page paper with zero transitions, hopping around like mad (though it did make a point, like the book), but I tied it up all nice and pretty because the first and last lines were the same "Es war Mord," or in English "It was murder."

Use the skills you've learned while writing for pleasure, and you'll mystify the profs. :D

Danger Jane
08-28-2007, 07:17 AM
99% BS?

I'm going to get a 99% then :D I don't know if anyone noticed but I am full

of

shit

Today I made up some rumor (not a good idea) that this one junior on the team was a satanist (how could anyone believe this?) and the alcoholic captains BELIEVED ME??

Then when I got to the part where she sacrifices humans in the stagnant pond behind the field they were like OH THAT ISN'T TRUE. Then they're all, "Nancy, where do you COME from?" and I'm all, "Wellesley," and they're all ME TOO!

and then the one jumped on the water cooler and was like NANCY CALL THE THUNDER GODS TO STRIKE ME WITH LIGHTNING

wtf

Azraelsbane
08-28-2007, 07:19 AM
99% BS?

I'm going to get a 99% then :D I don't know if anyone noticed but I am full

of

shit

Today I made up some rumor (not a good idea) that this one junior on the team was a satanist (how could anyone believe this?) and the alcoholic captains BELIEVED ME??

Then when I got to the part where she sacrifices humans in the stagnant pond behind the field they were like OH THAT ISN'T TRUE. Then they're all, "Nancy, where do you COME from?" and I'm all, "Wellesley," and they're all ME TOO!

and then the one jumped on the water cooler and was like NANCY CALL THE THUNDER GODS TO STRIKE ME WITH LIGHTNING

wtf

You have out-weirded me.

acharity
08-28-2007, 07:23 AM
lol... You'll fit right in at post-secondary! (: At least when the profs blather on about god-knows-what, you can entertain the people around you ;) It really is drivel, most of it... I have a gender and sexuality class this year which should be interesting... though it's second term. If the prof doesn't show pron, I am boycotting the system. Or bringing my own. Either way.

DamaNegra
08-28-2007, 07:32 AM
I loved high school. Actually, I miss high-school a lot. I was/am a total slacker. My ability to skim through 10 pages of text in 2 minutes and comprehend it completely, even being able to write an essay or answer questions on said text gave me a lot of free time....

Now those days are over. Now I actually have to read stuff.

Sage
08-28-2007, 07:40 AM
It could be worse. You could have spent the last few months without vacation. (Btw, my roommie just started her vacation for the next week. I'm so jealous. I don't get one until Christmas).

Oh, & I always liked restarting school

reenkam
08-28-2007, 07:41 AM
I start school on the 5th.

I didn't do stuff in high school. I don't really do stuff in college. :Shrugs:

and textbook prices make me cry. especially when there aren't any used...

*shakes fists at italian 112 gods*

maxmordon
08-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Hahahaha! I live in Venezuela and I don't start school until October 1th!

JLCwrites
08-28-2007, 10:52 AM
That's how I got through the first year of college. I drank waaaaay to much. If not for prehilighted books I would have gotten nothing done.

That's not true. I did drink too much but I'm brilliant. I didn't need my reserch done for me. But it was nice.

Also, if you are majoring in English, try the campus library. I renewed one of my texts all semester long. Woohoo! Free book! (It was highlighted too)
And your lit. classes have you read pretty much a book/week, so you can check them out at the library as well.

DamaNegra
08-28-2007, 02:47 PM
and textbook prices make me cry. especially when there aren't any used...

At least my teachers are conscious of this... they photocopy their own books and hand us the copies... all we have to do is pay for the photocopy (which kinda hurts when you've got 200+ pages of material, but is still cheaper than buying all the books)

The_Grand_Duchess
08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Also, if you are majoring in English, try the campus library. I renewed one of my texts all semester long. Woohoo! Free book! (It was highlighted too)
And your lit. classes have you read pretty much a book/week, so you can check them out at the library as well.

I usually buy my lit books becuase I can reuse them :) Although I've been scratching for the libnrary to mail me something. Since I go oto online university the library will actully mail me a book. Isn't that cool? I really want to use that service.

NeuroFizz
08-28-2007, 06:20 PM
I have the secrets for all students out there. They will make your education go much smoother, and you'll get more out of it. Not many people know about his, so spread the word.

For all students: Why don't you just fucking study the material in your classes? Ask the instructor for help when you're stuck. For college students, go to fucking class, you know, the place where the material is taught--you're paying for it.