PDA

View Full Version : Miss Teen USA South Carolina

Azraelsbane
08-27-2007, 05:45 AM
WOW...JUST....WOW. You've GOTTA see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 05:46 AM
I started cringing when she got to, "Ah personally believe, US Mercans..."

Please. Tell me what she said. I can't bear it.

wyntermoon
08-27-2007, 05:48 AM
she make brain hurt.

SpookyWriter
08-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Wow! The part that got me was I didn't know South Africa was just another Asian country. Go figure. :Shrug:

SpookyWriter
08-27-2007, 05:50 AM
she make brain hurt.But she's hot! Who cares if she can't form a complete thought. :D

Azraelsbane
08-27-2007, 05:55 AM
I started cringing when she got to, "Ah personally believe, US Mercans..."

Please. Tell me what she said. I can't bear it.

Watch it all Scarlet. Then watch it again. It hurts the first time, but the second time I just about fell out of my wheelchair. :roll:

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 05:57 AM
I can't. I'm allergic to people like her. Please, if you don't want to reveal all here, at least PM me!!!

sanssouci
08-27-2007, 05:57 AM
Don't you love how the host was trying sooooo hard not to laugh?

That was the funniest thing ever. She needs to take this act on the road!

Azraelsbane
08-27-2007, 06:03 AM
You have a PM, SP. ;)

A. Hamilton
08-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Oh my, that was pitiful.

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 06:06 AM
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I have stopped bleaching my hair. It feggucks your breggain.

Perks
08-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Oi. Very, very painful.

thethinker42
08-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Disclaimer: This girl does not represent all American women or girls. I think she should be stripped of her title and crowned "Miss Teen Dundee 2007".

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 06:09 AM
:rant:

Bannination for thethinker42!!!

clockwork
08-27-2007, 06:09 AM
Aimme Teegarden: Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the US on a world map. Why do you think this is?

South Carolina: I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because - uh - some people out there in our nation don't have maps and - uh - I believe that our ad - education like such as in South Africa and - uh - the Iraq - everywhere like such as and I believe that they should - our education over here, in the US, should help the US - uhm uh - should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future. For our children.

God, I love to transcribe.

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Oh god. Stop. Someone make Chris delete that post.

My eyes hurt. My brain hurts. My...help...I...fade...

Perks
08-27-2007, 06:12 AM
Just send her anywhere further away than she is from me right now. Wherever it is, it's not far enough.

Azraelsbane
08-27-2007, 06:12 AM
Disclaimer: This girl does not represent all American women or girls. I think she should be stripped of her title and crowned "Miss Teen Dundee 2007".

:ROFL::roll::ROFL:http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy083.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 06:13 AM
:ROFL::roll::ROFL:http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy083.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

:rant: Let it be known you are no longer my friend.

thethinker42
:rant:

Bannination for thethinker42!!!

Oh c'mon now...it would be perfect.

Host: "So, Miss Dundee 2007, what is the square root of 9?"

Miss Dundee 2007: *head explodes*

Death Wizard
I moved to South Carolina to help my wife take care of her elderly parents (though I was born in New York and raised in Florida) and I have to say that I am not the least bit surprised by her answer. In fact, she's quite a bit more intelligent than most of the close-minded, fundamental, right-wing Christians who live here!

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Oh c'mon now...it would be perfect.

Host: "So, Miss Dundee 2007, what is the square root of 9?"

Miss Dundee 2007: *head explodes*

No, Miss Dundee would down a few alcopops, perform a sex act on the host and pass out while falling down some steps. All on CCTV.

Azraelsbane
08-27-2007, 06:14 AM
:rant: Let it be known you are no longer my friend.

Oh, c'mon...you know you still love me. I make the best threads! :D

tjwriter
08-27-2007, 06:15 AM
:Wha:

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Oh, c'mon...you know you still love me. I make the best threads!

I make the best threads, and don't you forget it.

thethinker42
08-27-2007, 06:17 AM
No, Miss Dundee would down a few alcopops, perform a sex act on the host and pass out while falling down some steps. All on CCTV.

Really?

I didn't know you were into participating in beauty pageants...

Azraelsbane
I make the best threads, and don't you forget it.

Pff, just because you have a monopoly on sexytime camels...

Okay. Point taken.

scarletpeaches
Really?

I didn't know you were into participating in beauty pageants...

Now if only I could master the art of walking and chewing gum at the same time...

Pff, just because you have a monopoly on sexytime camels...

Okay. Point taken.

Maybe we should have a Miss AW Sexytime Camel 2007 pageant.

Christine N.
Dear. Dog.
That DOES make your brain hurt.

U.S. Americans??? As opposed to Americans from, say, Thailand???

What. the. eff. I can't say anything else, except that she's got the beauty pagent non-answer down pat. Maybe she should go work for PA, they're good at that.

Rolling Thunder
08-27-2007, 06:20 AM
I think it was weird that someone would name their daughter Aimee Teegarden, leading to the abridged name: A. Teegarden.

maestrowork
08-27-2007, 06:31 AM
I watched it four times already and I still had no idea what she was saying. Is my English really that bad?

Susie
08-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Ray, your English is excellent! I couldn't understand what she said either! And I especially want to know what Spooky deleted.
:)

Danger Jane
08-27-2007, 06:47 AM
well everybody knows that south africa is after our war

ISN'T THAT RIGHT

SOUTH AFRICA??!

YEAH.

I'VE GOT MY EYE ON YOU.

RLB
08-27-2007, 06:48 AM
Oh my goodness gracious. Alive. Someone please tell me she didn't win. Please.

TsukiRyoko
08-27-2007, 06:49 AM
I knew implants killed brain cells.

Azraelsbane
08-27-2007, 06:49 AM
You know, in the end, the thing that REALLY baffles me, is that 1 in 5 Americans can't point out the US on a world map.

WTF! I would understand not being able to locate a state, but the country?! Hell, it's HUGE! And...and...

TsukiRyoko
08-27-2007, 06:50 AM

ISN'T THAT RIGHT

SOUTH AFRICA??!

YEAH.

I'VE GOT MY EYE ON YOU.
They're after the maps!

Death Wizard
08-27-2007, 06:52 AM
I knew implants killed brain cells.

Yeah, but they win beauty contests.

clockwork
08-27-2007, 06:55 AM
They're after the maps!

According to the South Carolina Department of Signal Intelligence and Domestic Crisis Directorate, they already have them. Quite who 'they' are is largely unspecified. I'm guessing it's the Iraq. It couldn't possibly be the South Africa.

Or could it...

RLB
08-27-2007, 06:56 AM
You know, in the end, the thing that REALLY baffles me, is that 1 in 5 Americans can't point out the US on a world map.

WTF! I would understand not being able to locate a state, but the country?! Hell, it's HUGE! And...and...

Maybe I have too much faith in the American people, but I find that statistic suspect. I know we're not the most intelligent nation on the planet, but really, 20% of the population doesn't know where their country is??

Sassee
08-27-2007, 06:57 AM
I watched it four times already and I still had no idea what she was saying. Is my English really that bad?

She didn't know what she was saying either. It's okay.

I think my head exploded. Yes... it did. Look, there's pieces of rabbit fur lining the walls to prove it. I'm speaking to you from beyond the grave because the experience was so traumatic I will forever be cursed to haunt this earth and spread my misery to others.

Want to know the fun part?

I've heard worse. From my home town. So, I would like to say I'm glad I don't know anyone that stupid, but unfortunately, I do. Oy.

Azraelsbane
08-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Maybe I have too much faith in the American people, but I find that statistic suspect. I know we're not the most intelligent nation on the planet, but really, 20% of the population doesn't know where their country is??

They're probably just so shocked that there's something on the map OTHER than the US, that they get flustered and point to a large body of water...That's seriously the only excuse I can come up with.

Death Wizard

You're right! It was a setup.

Sassee

My husband pointed out that they might know what the US looks like with a border cut out, but on a large world map with nothing marked some people are just stupid enough to miss it.

Which makes me hurt. A lot.

Bravo
08-27-2007, 07:02 AM
yea she's dumb.

but i cant stand beauty pageant questions in the 1st place.

who the hell really gives a damn about their answers?

i seriously could care less.

let's quit pretending like these questions somehow makes these pageants less superficial.

i, for one, would like these stupid questions taken out and replaced w a lingerie show.

but maybe that's just me.

Joe270
08-27-2007, 07:09 AM
She could have pulled it off if she sang a couple lines from the wizard of oz:

"If I only had a brain. . . "

Bravo
08-27-2007, 07:11 AM
this is why i watch the victoria secret fashion show.

clockwork
08-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Found it.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/clockwork9/map.jpg

CatSlave
08-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Dear. Dog.
That DOES make your brain hurt.

Maybe she should go work for PA, they're good at that.
Nah, she'd be overqualified. :)

Love the map, Chris.

SpookyWriter
08-27-2007, 07:15 AM
So someday she'll marry a billionaire!

Danger Jane
08-27-2007, 07:19 AM
They're after the maps!

I KNOW WHO IS BEHIND THIS AND UNFORTUNATELY SHE TOLD ME SHE'S BUSY WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY A COVERUP FOR HER MAP SEEKING DESIRE FOR THE IRAQ WAR TO BELONG TO HER HOMELAND.

Yes.

It is a great blow to me.

It is my best friend.

let me weep

RLB
08-27-2007, 07:24 AM
This is also why I would never be cut out for beauty pageants. My response would have been something along the lines of:

"20%? What the [censored for TV audience]?! I have no [censored] clue why over 60 million Americans can't point themselves out on a [censored] map. Next question."

maestrowork
08-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Beauty pageants are demeaning to women anyway. I can't believe we still hold them in year 2007.

CatSlave
08-27-2007, 07:31 AM
They're demeaning to the audience also.
And the worst of them are the "little girl" beauty pageants, a la JonBenet. Sickening.
I can't believe that people still watch them in 2007.

But then again, people seem to enjoy reality TV shows.
Who can account for taste?

DamaNegra
08-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Ah, well, after watching this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE), nothing really surprises me. Obviously the interview is set up so only the people who answer stupidly appear. But seriously, the fact that there ARE people this stupid is frightening.

LloydBrown
08-27-2007, 07:42 AM
i, for one, would like these stupid questions taken out and replaced w a lingerie show

Winner-take-all pillow fights? That's worth watching. That and Alizee videos.

After all, it's not a "beauty and brains" pageant. Come on, people.

Besides, if she had a brain, she'd be here on AW with us.

benbradley
08-27-2007, 07:57 AM
What's that noise at the end when the guy is so politely saying "Thank you - Miss South Carolina?" Surely it can't be applause...

Silver King
08-27-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm trying to figure out whom we are trying to skewer here. Is it:

Women in general
Pretty women in gowns
Pretty women in gowns who sound idiotic
Folks who live in the South (of the US)
Folks who live in the South (of the US) who wear gowns and sound idiotic
The average American
The average American who wears gowns and sounds idiotic...

InfinityGoddess
08-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Blech. This is just another reason why I don't watch beauty pageants. Not only do they offend my androgynous sensibilities, but they also offend my intelligence as a woman.

:Headbang:

Danger Jane
08-27-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm skewering nobody, man, I'm just shocked that my best friend sold my whole damn country for a map.

CatSlave
08-27-2007, 08:18 AM

Women in general
Pretty women in gowns
The average American
The average American who wears gowns and sounds idiotic...
Yes.
And the average American who watches idiotic TV.

oarsman
08-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Charles Townes was from South Carolina and attended public schools in SC. He was a professor of physics at MIT and Columbia University, helped build and patent the first maser, was chairman of NASA's advisory committee for the Apollo lunar landing in the 60s, won the U.S. National Medal of Science, 27 honorary degrees from various universities, and a Nobel Prize in Physics.

JJ Cooper
08-27-2007, 04:12 PM
And I bet more people know who this young lady is compared with Charles Townes. Only takes one.

JJ

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Ray, your English is excellent! I couldn't understand what she said either! And I especially want to know what Spooky deleted.
:)

I saw it before he deleted. He said, "Who cares what she's saying? SHE'S HOT."

Bmwhtly
08-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Aimme Teegarden: Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the US on a world map. Why do you think this is?

South Carolina: I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because - uh - some people out there in our nation don't have maps and - uh - I believe that our ad - education like such as in South Africa and - uh - the Iraq - everywhere like such as and I believe that they should - our education over here, in the US, should help the US - uhm uh - should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future. For our children.
:Wha:

I mean.... *boggle*

No, there's no response to that.

ISN'T THAT RIGHT

SOUTH AFRICA??!

YEAH.

I'VE GOT MY EYE ON YOU.Yeah! Lurking over there, just out of sight. Way down in the far corner of the continent, don't think we're not on to you!

*chuckles quietly to himself*

20% of the population doesn't know where their country is??Well, as with most statistics, it can be skewed. They say 1 in 5. well it depends which 5 you ask.

i, for one, would like these stupid questions taken out and replaced w a lingerie show.
Oooh, if I had a congressman, I'd write him.

Women in general
Pretty women in gowns
The average American
The average American who wears gowns and sounds idiotic...*bites lip*

benbradley
08-27-2007, 04:31 PM
And I bet more people know who this young lady is compared with Charles Townes. Only takes one.

JJ
They surely know her now. The local news radio station played her response up to "some don't have maps" then the announcer said "and it went downhill from there. She came in third runner-up."

I saw it before he deleted. He said, "Who cares what she's saying? SHE'S HOT."

A red-blooded American (or any male human, or lesbian, even) felt the need to delete THAT? It would be my only thought if I were her age. But the guy I listen to on the radio is right: "Sometime you have to have a conversation." And to facilitate that, it's important to pick someone who is capable of having a conversation.

thethinker42
08-27-2007, 04:36 PM
What's that noise at the end when the guy is so politely saying "Thank you - Miss South Carolina?" Surely it can't be applause...

I think they're just applauding because it's over.

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I find women attractive too, but certainly not people like her. Physically you can be attractive, but if you're stupid - you're ugly.

Rolling Thunder
08-27-2007, 04:40 PM
I find women attractive too, but certainly not people like her. Physically you can be attractive, but if you're stupid - you're ugly.

Maybe. But you're going on, what? A few minutes sound bite? For all we know she could be very bright and was simply caught off guard by that question.

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Someone who's bright and is caught off guard would say, "Okay, give me a moment to think about that; I'm not sure of the answer."

It's the stupids who tend to open their mouths and let their bellies rumble.

Although, having said that I don't know why a supposedly 'bright' person would appear in a beauty pageant anyway. This is 2007.

EriRae
08-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Hmm...what questions did she prep for? What she thought of bigger girls in modeling? World hunger? World Peace? There we go...World Peace...she said "Iraq" and "South Africa," and "Asia," three hot-spots for strife. Why not Israel? Don't they need maps, too?

Rolling Thunder
08-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Someone who's bright and is caught off guard would say, "Okay, give me a moment to think about that; I'm not sure of the answer."

It's the stupids who tend to open their mouths and let their bellies rumble.

No, I don't think so. I had a horrible stutter when I was young. My thoughts moved faster than I could speak, so I sounded like a blithering idiot. I was actually considered to be an 'idiot savant' for a short time because of my condition, they didn't understand it well enough, back then. My father knew it was something that showed up in his gene pool though and after a few tests I wasn't placed in the 'special students' class.

That's why I like to write. I can pump the words out as fast as I can type. Um...and spell check; I'm a bit anal about that. :)

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 04:56 PM
I very much doubt Miss Teen Wotserface has a stutter.

After all, if she did - why put herself in the position of having to answer questions that make her look stupid in public?

Webster
08-27-2007, 05:02 PM
She should go into politics. She's already got how to answer questions down pat!

PattiTheWicked
08-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Let's not be too hasty to make fun. That poor girl can still have a future. The world always needs pole dancers.

clockwork
08-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Let's not be too hasty to make fun. That poor girl can still have a future. The world always needs pole dancers.

Ms. South Carolina appears on youtube.

Alberto Gonzales resigns.

I think she'll make a fantastic attorney general.

Death Wizard
08-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Ms. South Carolina appears on youtube.

Alberto Gonzales resigns.

I think she'll make a fantastic attorney general.

Ha!!!

robeiae
08-27-2007, 05:50 PM
*sigh*

You people are so easy. She's already got a contract with the CIA. The "talent show" is just a set up for her cover. Word on the street is, she speaks 9 languages fluently--including Russian, Chinese, and Arabic--and can disassemble and reassemble an AK-47 in less than a minute.

benbradley
08-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Yet another article on it and what people are saying...
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57327

*sigh*

You people are so easy. She's already got a contract with the CIA. The "talent show" is just a set up for her cover. Word on the street is, she speaks 9 languages fluently--including Russian, Chinese, and Arabic--...
...but obviously not including English.

robeiae
08-27-2007, 05:58 PM
It's just an act, Ben. Wake up before it's too late.

Julie Worth
08-27-2007, 06:06 PM
who the hell really gives a damn about their answers?

Miss Teen USA doesn't. This girl finished in the top five, and no South Carolinian had previously done better than the top fifteen.

Christine N.
08-27-2007, 06:13 PM

Probably the 20% under the age of seven. I'd bet they can't find the US on a map. Then again, maybe they can...

julie thorpe
08-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Poor kid. Poor silly, pretty kid. My heart aches for her--that was just so embarrassing. OK she's probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but those responsible for her 'education' haven't come off too well either. . .

maestrowork
08-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Ah, well, after watching this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE), nothing really surprises me. Obviously the interview is set up so only the people who answer stupidly appear. But seriously, the fact that there ARE people this stupid is frightening.

Truth be told, sometimes they do it just to catch people off guard and they want to see that deer in headlight look. I don't think I'm a stupid person, but I've been caught off guard a few times by a camera crew, and then they asked you a really bizarre question and you had only 10 seconds to answer while they shove that camera at you... you just can't help but feel extremely stupid.

aruna
08-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Hmm...what questions did she prep for? What she thought of bigger girls in modeling? World hunger? World Peace? There we go...World Peace...she said "Iraq" and "South Africa," and "Asia," three hot-spots for strife. Why not Israel? Don't they need maps, too?

I am offended. She did not mention South America.

maestrowork
08-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Australia. I bet Mel Gibson doesn't know where the US is on the map.

aruna
08-27-2007, 06:58 PM
U.S. Americans??? As opposed to Americans from, say, Thailand???

Some people outside the USA (not me, though, I'm just saying!) ALWAYS put the US in front of Americans if they mean US Americans. Outside America it's kind of thought of that the USA is only ONE country in North and South America, so they can't call themselves Americans.
In many foreign languages, you always put the US in front of America or Americans.

But of course, you don't do this inside the US so it was kind of dumb of her!

BarbJ
08-27-2007, 07:28 PM
I moved to South Carolina to help my wife take care of her elderly parents (though I was born in New York and raised in Florida) and I have to say that I am not the least bit surprised by her answer. In fact, she's quite a bit more intelligent than most of the close-minded, fundamental, right-wing Christians who live here!

I've got to stop reading this thread. I just can't take all this tolerance. I wonder ... since the descriptives are pretty standard for the, um, open-minded, non-fundamental, left-wing crowd, can we start a new acronym? CFRC?

Salem
08-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Imagine how her parents felt watching that. I'm sure they told everyone they knew to watch their beautiful little girl on TV. They were so proud of her and then she answered that question. They must have been mortified!

aruna
08-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Indeed. Very sad.

thethinker42
08-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Truth be told, sometimes they do it just to catch people off guard and they want to see that deer in headlight look. I don't think I'm a stupid person, but I've been caught off guard a few times by a camera crew, and then they asked you a really bizarre question and you had only 10 seconds to answer while they shove that camera at you... you just can't help but feel extremely stupid.

I do have to agree with you on this one. Cameras are extremely intimidating, and can turn almost anyone into a blithering idiot.

Salem
08-27-2007, 08:43 PM
True, but she put herself in that position. She chose to be in the spotlight. She shouldn't have done it if she couldn't handle the pressure.

(Pagents are lame, anyway.)

Rolling Thunder
08-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Man, beating up on a 17 year old. What sport. :rolleyes:

scarletpeaches
08-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Beating up on a thick-as-pigshit 17 year old.

"There is no sin except stupidity." -Oscar Wilde

Rolling Thunder
08-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Beating up on a thick-as-pigshit 17 year old.

"There is no sin except stupidity." -Oscar Wilde

Which, if the advice is applied equally to all, proves the point nicely.

ETA: I can make a pretty good point here, too, Scarlet. Remember the first time we crossed paths on AW? We each thought the other an obnoxious boob. But, after a time when we got to know each other's personality, we get along mighty fine. Just the point I'm trying to make. You can't tell everything by a few minutes sound bite or a one line post.

robeiae
08-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Indeed. Very sad.
Hmmm...maybe not.

Now THAT would be truly sad.

RumpleTumbler
08-27-2007, 09:40 PM
The funniest thing is that she seemed pleased with her answer in the end. :)

Danger Jane
08-28-2007, 12:34 AM
*sigh*

You people are so easy. She's already got a contract with the CIA. The "talent show" is just a set up for her cover. Word on the street is, she speaks 9 languages fluently--including Russian, Chinese, and Arabic--and can disassemble and reassemble an AK-47 in less than a minute.

Good thing then. They're obviously already on this whole south african plot.

Unfortunately my best friend moved a few weeks ago and refuses to give me her address lest I should (gasp?) send her presents?

Which is CLEARLY a cover for her map stealing, Iraq war stealing, hyphen stealing SOUTH AFRICAN SUBTERFUGE

Bravo
08-28-2007, 12:36 AM
i'd still hit that.

Rolling Thunder
08-28-2007, 01:14 AM
You'd go to prison, Bravo.

Mom'sWrite
08-28-2007, 01:44 AM
WOW...JUST....WOW. You've GOTTA see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Oh my. Miss Teen South Carolina needs to continue her education. There's a few gaps.

JJ Cooper
08-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Australia. I bet Mel Gibson doesn't know where the US is on the map.

Depends if the map was printed on a beer coaster.

JJ

JJ Cooper
08-28-2007, 01:50 AM
*sigh*

You just described some of the conditions of entry for the Miss Syria contest.

JJ

robeiae
08-28-2007, 02:11 AM
You'd go to prison, Bravo.
He'd hit it there, too...

:ROFL:

EriRae
08-28-2007, 12:12 PM

Not that this would EVER happen to me (please, lucky stars, please--I want to be famous like Ray) but if someone stuck a camera in my face and made me answer a question in ten seconds, I would simply say, "No comment." And whip out my designer sunglasses and walk to my (chauffeured) car. Totally off topic, but why do those silly celebs continue to drive drunk? They can easily afford to have someone drive them around.

JLCwrites
08-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Um, I don't get it. (trilling my blond hair with my fingers)

Nakhlasmoke
08-28-2007, 01:25 PM
All right, I'll admit it. We took the maps. We're using them to fight AIDS.

How? Don't ask me, I'm just sitting here eating my African Potato and washing with lifebouy.

Okay, I lied. We're actually using the maps to build jet fighters, and we're coming for your country. We even have the Iraq on our side. And Asia, which helps.

btw, Danger Jane, *don't* post anything to SA. I'm lucky if I receive even half of my international post, especially anything that may possibly be a gift. The only ones I've received have been the ones that were insured.

JJ Cooper
08-28-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm concerned - seems some of the folk in the US think good old Australia is actually Iran. That's not too bad though considering some thought we were France.

JJ

EriRae
08-28-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm concerned - seems some of the folk in the US think good old Australia is actually Iran. That's not too bad though considering some thought we were France.

JJ

WOW...Iran's a big island now? Did we finally blow the rest of the middle east off the map? I wouldn't know...I haven't seen one lately...seeing as SOME OF US DON'T HAVE MAPS...
:roll:

Knows where Australia is...
|
|
V

aruna
08-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Actually, I don't know the answer to the question.

WHY can't so many Americans find the USA on a world map? I
really don't know. The question would have stumped me completely.

(Not that you'd ever find me in a Miss contest...)

maestrowork
08-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Many people have never even seen a world map. Now that's scary.

AnneMarble
08-28-2007, 11:25 PM
I heard that Miss Teen USA South Carolina was supposed to appear on the Today show this morning. Did anyone see her? How did she do?

maestrowork
08-28-2007, 11:26 PM
She couldn't find the map of New York City.... so she missed the taping.

stormie
08-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Imagine how her parents felt watching that. I'm sure they told everyone they knew to watch their beautiful little girl on TV. They were so proud of her and then she answered that question. They must have been mortified!
Or they thought she answered very intelligently. I hope not, because that means there are more out there like her.