I'm a believer

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
My neighbor made some toffee bars and gave me a box of them. Well, she said they're toffee bars. But what I think is that they are actually crack bits and heroin paste hidden between some buttery wafers, topped in chocolate with crumbly crunchy stuff stuck in it.

I consider myself a reasonable person. I can control my urges around food and hot men. But these damned things are weighing on my mind. The thought of them is making me drool, but not in some symbolic, representative way to convince you that see-it's-really-good-and-I-really-enjoy-eating-them-and-licking-my-fingers-afterwards.

No. It's not like that. I had to, horrified, snatch a kleenex from the box on my desk and wipe saliva off my arm. That's disgusting.

I can't even go downstairs, much less into the kitchen. I can feel them reaching tendrils of sweet-salty evil towards me. I can hear them sigh like they want me as much as I want them.

What is that? Is that the devil? I think I might just believe after all...

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't tell from this post. It's possible that they truly are from Satan and could condem your soul. Better send them to me and I'll let you know.

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever considered that erotica might be your true genre, Perksy?

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Actually yes, it's just very uncommon so you probably won't find anything about it online or at libraries or even from therapists.

You're on your own.

OR YOU CAN HIRE ME!

Reaction score
Actually yes, it's just very uncommon so you probably won't find anything about it online or at libraries or even from therapists.

You're on your own.

OR YOU CAN HIRE ME!

Oh shut up and eat this:

220px-Grace.slick.jpeg

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Perks, take it from me, the OCD Queen--the only way to handle an addiction is to make it a healthy one. So here's the family recipe, just for you. (It's got oatmeal in it, so you can now drool without remorse. And I promise, it doesn't taste healthy.) I always try to make a batch of these for Christmas every year, but they never last that long...

Highland Toffee Bars

Mix:

2/3 c. oil
4 c. quick-cooking oats
1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1 tsp. salt
1 T. vanilla

Spray a foil-lined 9 X 13 pan with Pam. Pat the mixture in, and bake at 400 for about 15 min. When cooled, spread with 2 c. melted semi-sweet chocolate chips, and sprinkle with nuts. Cool and cut into bars.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I consider myself a reasonable person. I can control my urges around food and hot men...

Yes, they added those 2 onto the Ten commandments.

11. Thou shalt not pig out on tasty food.
12. Thou shalt not jump on hot men other than your husband.

(okay, maybe they already have #12)

Last edited:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Thanks for the thread, Perks. Now I'm drooling, too. Damn you and your vivid description of those buttery wafers and chocolate crumby bits. And I don't have any here to nibble on... Damn you to H***!

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
OHHHH, can I lick the plate?

Darn it, Werri, I get rep point banned and you leave this bomb? I can't send you a rep point msg. Rats and ferrets.

Dork.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
*Sigh* My root beer cupcakes keep doing that to me. And I don't even like root beer.

Right now, they're sitting on the counter whispering to me.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Dang it, Perks.

Just reading the title of this thread put the Monkees song in my head.
Me too. THat's what I thought it was going to be about.

please post recipe!
Second!

If your neighbour gave them to you, it's possible that they are deliberately addictive.
The ultimate plan being that you have to buy more and more of them to satisfy your habit. Once you've spent all your savings and the kid's college funds, you'll have to sell the house.

And since you've been paying the neighbour, they'll be able to buy it. Then knock through and have a house that's twice as big.

A devilish plot to be sure, I think you should pack up what's left and mail it away so as to foil her.
In fact, better send them out of the country...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I've had Tim Tams. A friend Down Under sent them and they were wonderful. But they were of this world and not looking to have my soul slip out on a creamed-decadence exhalation.

Besides, the Tim Tams came in a box with a jar of vegemite, so the swoon was tainted.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Ahh vegemite. You gotta be bought up with it to truly appreciate the magnificent taste. The only known cure for a common cold and works wonders for a hangover.

JJ