PDA

View Full Version : I met a real human being last night.

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 05:43 AM
Wow, go figure. There are people out there in lalalalaaLand. So I'm sitting next to this woman and she keeps popping a look past me toward the men's room. What is up with that? I had to ask myself after a few minutes of sitting next to her. At first, he fitful glances were cute. After another half hour I began to feel uncomfortable.

"Is this the way humans behave in public?"

I had a couple more sips of my ice tea and then I noticed her repeated glances became rapid in secession to the men leaving the toilet.

I had to ask: "Are you waiting for someone?"

She blinked a couple times before saying "No, why do you ask?"

"No reason, I just...uh, thought, that maybe you were expected someone."

Another half hour and her head never failed to snap a glance toward the men's room which was in my line of sight. I began to feel so uncomfortable that I eventually left and sat at another table.

A few minutes later I noticed that she had the same twitch but this time it was to her left and where I was seated.

To make a long story short, and include a moral of the story, I met a human last night and hope to hell I don't meet another like her until I've had a chance to finish my latest wip.

Little Red Barn
08-26-2007, 05:48 AM
"had a couple more sips of my ice tea and then I noticed her repeated glances became rapid in secession to the men leaving the toilet."

Long IslaND iCED tEA? eH?

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 05:52 AM
"had a couple more sips of my ice tea and then I noticed her repeated glances became rapid in secession to the men leaving the toilet."

Long IslaND iCED tEA? eH?:roll: If that were the case then I'd have awakened on her cot and not mine this morning.

Danger Jane
08-26-2007, 05:58 AM
oops sorry didn't mean to make you uncomfortable

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 06:00 AM
oops sorry didn't mean to make you uncomfortableWrong thread, I think?

wyntermoon
08-26-2007, 06:02 AM
LOL, I think you met Danger Jane in that bar, sparky. ;)

RumpleTumbler
08-26-2007, 06:06 AM
It was probably one of the girls who post in missed connections on Craigs list. Check your local Craigs list. I'll bet you'll see an ad.

Saw you coming out of the shitter in lalalalaaLand last night. You had on Power Rangers pajama bottoms. When the door closed behind you your stench poured over me. I must have you. I was sitting next to the guy who looked like Jimmy Hendrix. Please write back.

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 06:09 AM
LOL, I think you met Danger Jane in that bar, sparky. ;):roll: That's too funny. I thought she was talking about the bikini contest thread. I better go back and have another look see.

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 06:10 AM
It was probably one of the girls who post in missed connections on Craigs list. Check your local Craigs list. I'll bet you'll see an ad.Heck, I just responded to that advert. Hhahaaa...

Susie
08-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Ok, I'll admit it. It was me, Spooky. You know I always wanted to meet you, but I'm shy.
:D

Little Red Barn
08-26-2007, 06:23 AM
Ok, I'll admit it. It was me, Spooky. You know I always wanted to meet you, but I'm shy.
:D
:eek:

Danger Jane
08-26-2007, 06:25 AM
I love making people uncomfortable

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 06:25 AM
:DI suspected as much when you kept trying to pass me that greeting card. :D But I too am shy and left without your gift. Maybe next time?

Susie
08-26-2007, 06:31 AM
Definitely, but we won't tell my hubby, k. He frowns on my meeting hunky men. :D You really made me :roll:!

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 06:38 AM
It will be out little secret.

Siddow
08-26-2007, 06:43 AM
I hate to be the one to tell you, Spooky, but that girl was a robot.

And she was stealing your brain.

Danger Jane
08-26-2007, 06:45 AM
zomg return of the femmebots!

http://images.joke.co.uk/images/products/large/21725.gif

Susie
08-26-2007, 09:28 AM
:eek:

:D You're a sweetie, kimmi.

Susie
08-26-2007, 09:29 AM
zomg return of the femmebots!

http://images.joke.co.uk/images/products/large/21725.gif

DJ, you took a great photo of me. Thanks! :D

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 09:33 AM
I hate to be the one to tell you, Spooky, but that girl was a robot.

And she was stealing your brain.Now that would explain why she had her hand down my pants. I couldn't figure it out. Thanks!

Kentuk
08-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Think Spooky would be the one person on this board I'd be nervous about meeting, and maybe Danger Jane and ...

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Think Spooky would be the one person on this board I'd be nervous about meeting, and maybe Danger Jane and ...:roll: How do you know that I'm not really Danger Jane, or Susie, or Kimmi or just an average Joe? Speaking of which. What's your plans for brunch tomorrow? I was thinking maybe I'd stop by and pick you up. We could go by the lake and have a nice chat. :D Talk about the good ole days.

Kentuk
08-26-2007, 10:16 AM
I'd be shivvering in my shoes except I'm barefoot.

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 10:19 AM
I'd be shivvering in my shoes except I'm barefoot.
Now don't go taunting me with talk of being barefoot and running about the woods chasing skunk. I have my squirrel gun all loaded and just waiting for a proper invitation.

TsukiRyoko
08-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Well geez, Spooks. If you didn't like me that much, you should've said something then, not post it on the boards. How humiliating.

And for the record, it's a nervous twitch. Just a nervous twitch.

*sigh* Men.

Angelinity
08-26-2007, 10:25 AM
So I'm sitting next to this woman and she keeps popping a look past me toward the men's room.

I noticed her repeated glances became rapid in secession to the men leaving the toilet.

can you be sure it was a 'she'?

ErylRavenwell
08-26-2007, 10:51 AM
can you be sure it was a 'she'?

Exactly never seen a woman behaved as such in a bar. They usually play hard to get and I'm usually the one doing the glancing...before siddling up to them and getting rejected like 50% of the time. :0

TsukiRyoko
08-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Exactly never seen a woman behaved as such in a bar. They usually play hard to get and I'm usually the one doing the glancing...before siddling up to them and getting rejected like 50% of the time. :0
And now you're all assuming I'm a man?! I have half a mind to flounce.

*stalks off to corner, grumbles while eating skittles off the floor*

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 11:06 AM
can you be sure it was a 'she'?Now that I think about it I can't be so sure. She did have some facial hair but I just assumed she was Italian. Hmmm...now I can't sleep for worry that I was catching glances in the wrong way. Thanks :cry:

TsukiRyoko
08-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Now that I think about it I can't be so sure. She did have some facial hair but I just assumed she was Italian. Hmmm...now I can't sleep for worry that I was catching glances in the wrong way. Thanks :cry:
I hate you all so much right now.

Angelinity
08-26-2007, 11:08 AM
lol! but it's not a baaaad thang... just means you're even more manly than you thought -- methinks anyways :D

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Who's the guy with the green hair?

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 11:10 AM
I hate you all so much right now.:tongue

Joe270
08-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Once I was stuck in traffic and each time the light changed, my car and this pretty woman's car inched forward. After a few glances back and forth, I struck up a conversation and we set a date for that night.

Now not to use my real name, I am cursed with a last name that sounds like a first name. During school, I used my middle name, after high school I started going by my first name, Joe. Friends from sport teams called me my last name. To make matters more confusing, a popular movie caused friends to call me yet another name.

So, on this date on 6th street in Austin, Texas, we meet in a bar. After about an hour, and people coming up to talk and all of them calling me a different name, she thought I was a serial killer or something and bolted.

Story of my life, I'm such a loser. Congrats, Spooky, glad you scored.

Lyxdeslic
08-26-2007, 11:28 AM
A few minutes later I noticed that she had the same twitch but this time it was to her left and where I was seated.

To make a long story short, and include a moral of the story, I met a human last night and hope to hell I don't meet another like her until I've had a chance to finish my latest wip.Color me confused. Did she have warts on her nose and hair growing from her forehead? Otherwise, what in Maude's name is the problem here?

Or is it that Spook's...ah, got it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you. :D

Lyx - Joking.

kristie911
08-26-2007, 11:49 AM
I haven't met another human in a while but I refuse to go to Spooky for dating advice. :eek:

Joe270
08-26-2007, 12:17 PM
When did Spooky offer any advice? I got some, though:

Fall not in love, for it will stick to your face.

Unique
08-26-2007, 02:14 PM
6th Street? Well, hell - no wonder!

You weren't the guy with green tights and curly toed shoes, were you?

Susie
08-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Now that I think about it I can't be so sure. She did have some facial hair but I just assumed she was Italian. Hmmm...now I can't sleep for worry that I was catching glances in the wrong way. Thanks :cry:

Spooky, I swear I'm a woman and I cut those facial hairs just for you! :)

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 09:43 PM
I haven't met another human in a while but I refuse to go to Spooky for dating advice. :eek:I can offer you the Spooky discount. One half off any body part not used during the date.

Danger Jane
08-26-2007, 09:56 PM
for the record, my middle name is "says you better watch out."

As in "Danger Jane says you better watch out."

my last name is OR I'LL KEEL YOU, ellis island, man, those fools couldn't spell.

Spooky, you should have offered to wax her

SpookyWriter
08-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Spooky, you should have offered to wax herThe last thing I waxed was a surf board and that was long ago. I'm afraid she needed more effort than I was prepared to give at the time.

Haggis
08-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Dear Spooky,

I really thought we had something going. Something good. But now I find out you're sharing our business all over the Internet.

I'm sorry, but we're through.

We could have been so good together.

Love,

Drucilla

http://www.melbourne.indymedia.org/uploads/pig-ugly-woman-fat-face.jpg7qoyky.jpg

TsukiRyoko
08-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Who's the guy with the green hair?
My husband, of course.

ErylRavenwell
08-27-2007, 11:00 AM
And now you're all assuming I'm a man?! I have half a mind to flounce.

*stalks off to corner, grumbles while eating skittles off the floor*

I see now. Spooky must have sensed you are one of those femmes fatales. He must have felt like a male spider playing in a courting game where if the male taps the thread with the wrong codes it'll end up as dinner for the female. Poor Spooky didn't want to play for fear of getting hurt, and poor Tsuki had to thirst all night long. I would have bought you a Pina Colada, Tsuki...a shame they don't come with black little umbrellas just for you. :e2drunk:

Bmwhtly
08-27-2007, 11:32 AM
So I'm sitting next to this woman Woman?

WOMAN?!

*Goes to get a haircut to avoid a repeat of this unfortunate incident*

EriRae
08-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Ah, Spooky, real people are so overrated. I'd take my AW comrades over walking up to someone on the street any day.

*Show'n some love :Hug2:*

eldragon
08-27-2007, 03:06 PM
It was me.

I'm doing research on how many men come out of the men's room with freshly washed hands. You'd be surprised at the results.

oswann
08-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Worst thread ever.

Os.