PDA

View Full Version : Two guys come through the door . . .

Oberon
08-25-2007, 04:31 AM
Raymond Chandler wrote: "When in doubt, have two guys come through the door with guns." That prompted me to doodle the following, maybe you can do better:

Two guys come through the door with guns and start blasting away. Good thing I'm under my steel Army surplus desk looking for the Jim Beam. I wait. The shooting stops. I hear footsteps. The door slams. I stand up. The two goons are still there, grinning at me. I say, "Well, well, tricky bastards. Did you think I can't count? You shot your wad." They start pulling triggers. I haul my piece out of my shoulder holster and fire two shots. I should call the cops. My phone is now several chunks of bakelite scattered across my desk. I'll have to go down to the pay phone in the lobby. Damn! I hate stepping over dead bodies!

Eudaemonic
08-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Two guys came through the door with guns. They glanced around, taking in my red velvet sofa, my black thigh boots and lacy corset.

"Oops sorry sir. Wrong house."

Julie Worth
08-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Two guys came through the door with guns. Without opening it first, so I knew what that meant--they were from the future, and I was history.

Angelinity
08-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Two guys came through the door.

"No guns allowed durin' negotiations," Dotty the barmaid said. "Plop 'em down, then yous can have yer tequillas."

"Hell, no," said the Elvis-impersonator. "I ain't guzzlin' no worms, no sireebob. Gonna have me a cold one, though."

"There's negotitations, huh?" the Grey said [without moving his lips...mouth...] **strike that**. "What's the scoop?"

"Chocolate or Vanilla." Dotty slammed two drinks on the bar. "Hand'em over, I said."

"But...but we's nekked widout 'em guns. Can i borrow yer hanky, Dotty, I hates showin' emotion in public," ElvisToo whimpered, wiping his nose on a sleeve.

"Where's yer manners, man? Use yer shirttails already. Shhh, what's that?" Dotty stepped around the bar to peek behind the curtains.

Fascinated with the graceful moves of Dotty's tail, The Grey floated up right behind her, stretched out a hand trying to grasp the softly rattling tail tip.

"Vanilla's toast," Dotty mumbled whipping her tail in a stranglehold around the Grey's scrawny neck. "And so's you, bub."